Senawang with love - your attitude determine your altitude

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Selamat hari raya
after a long break celebration, its quite an adjustment back to the norms, my buddy whom a car crazy & loves cars, expressed his intention of learning to maintaining his own white ride & pick up some DIY car detailing tricks of the trade

in the course of meeting, we inspects his ride, paint condition - (2 months old, only wash twice by the service center as he knew the tragic ending of prolong road side car wash)...after following my blogs for months, he is well informed & equips with some basics knowledge

upon arrival

we had a great chat & got carried away for 3 hours (as we have so much in common) from parenting - juggling with time between career and family - both struggles to put our Family as priority......how welcoming one baby can be so demanding & they just interrupts our routine, without much respects....they will know 20 years to come after they become one like us....LOL...so we both knew how difficult it is to squeeze time to care even for our ride - more over i was shocked to find out he is staying in senawang & works in Sepang - like most of us spends hours to & fro from work....

just as we cared for our new born, we too care for our new ride -

sending to a nearby & along the way car wash seems to be a radical thing to do, rather than buying stuff off the shelf & not user friendly & effective at all (requires too much time ...probably 2-3 hours to wash one car) - thats come with many unexpected surprises as well

so our intention is to spend a minimal time to wash & protect our ride
So minimum & effortlessly (20-30 mins to ONR wash ) & another easy & effective way to protect (OCwax in just barely 10 minutes to wax the entire car as so easy as spray & spread & walk away)

as for some deeper cleaning - engines - door jams, rain stains...without need of sending it to a detailing shop, with just diluting Power clean

close up

closer - bugs & Insect saps

lower - dust

saps residue, can be quite disastrous if it is not dealt with immediately - as our clear coat is porous...**

insects - saps

pls be warn not to use force or allowed any car wash guys to use sponges to scrubs like dishes - as it will smears & marred our paint surface

the horror of finding tree sap on our car! The trick is not to neglect your finish by letting it set.

visible thumb print

side look - side kick - the most contaminated painted surface of the car

look at the amount of dirt trapped in between of these door jams

side mirror - before

Heavy, dried sap drips may not be removed if dried onto the surface!** Always remove anything that doesn't belong on your finish immediately! I thought I would have to wash, my car a couple of times with soap and water. Nope - but with the convenience of ONR now, I can just deal with this within minutes

after ONR

door hinges before

now

POWER CLEAN

agitate with brush

rinse off immediately

before - door jam

in just a few sec after power clean

I usually keep a a premixed bottle of QD at the back of my trunk, need to spray it on liberally and agitate the area with a clean microfiber towel to remove the substance and then wipe clean. It's really amazing how easily it removes even old bugs, tar and tree sap...the key is immediate
remember before

after ONR

further with clay & power clean

ta da

the danger of nanti attitude
minimizing the damage

imagine, we park under the convenience of shade - beneath a tree - we are bound to have the threat of Tree Saps & birds dropping
pls witness this -

over night
hard to remove OPC is the best to remove - as the polymer agitate & instant you can rinse off

ta ta clear coat

the issue here is immediate respond & minimized the damage (propose u to keep a bottle of ONR QD (quik detailer) to remove these threat

when you sent yr car to be wash, the road side fella will scrubs their heart out of it.....
till

inorder to remove these, a deeper paint leveling is required

ONR as lube (Abalone Mikra 2000 grit sand paper)

polish off with OPT Hyper Compound & Optimum double wool pad
finish off with optimum Hyper Polish with optimum foam pad

ta da

i remember this quote (where I read 20 yrs ago)
"your attitude determine your altitude " - jgn cakap malaysia boleh, when we fail even to move from the comfort seats of our car to remove this bug

Rise up taking yr ownership & make a different today

Last edited:

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
wonderful stuff, kc!

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
my god KC, the white paint consist so much swirls it could feed my black car for a lifetime!

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wah, KC you are like god la... Why, because you are spreading the prophecy of maintaining one's own ride by themselves!

Talking about family, after I got the Optimum kit from you, I saved lots of time maintaining two of my own cars. Less than 30 mins to ONR the car. Can spend more time with family and my 6 month old boy. Take note that I regularly do a weekly or even twice a week clean up of the exterior. Even managed to clean off a long tar mark streak on one of my doors in less than 5 minutes with OPC just morning! It was of course protected with Opti seal and had a regular dose of OCW every two weeks. Now even maintaining my mother and father in law cars!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Awesome glass finish KC! Like glass coating already :adore:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks buddy for your kind cheers along the rough way
Dayline668 (Today), DewA_LavaU (Today), eohl79 (09-12-2011), james404 (09-12-2011), nappx (09-12-2011), SideWaysGrey (09-12-2011), TitanRev (09-12-2011))
nice jobs...
thanks buddy for your kind words

wonderful stuff, kc!
yupp ... undeniable

my god KC, the white paint consist so much swirls it could feed my black car for a lifetime!
I am not a god yet..just called me kc ...yupp only 3 months by market road side wash (weekly when my buddy have their breakfast)

Wah, KC you are like god la... Why, because you are spreading the prophecy of maintaining one's own ride by themselves!

Talking about family, after I got the Optimum kit from you, I saved lots of time maintaining two of my own cars. Less than 30 mins to ONR the car. Can spend more time with family and my 6 month old boy. Take note that I regularly do a weekly or even twice a week clean up of the exterior. Even managed to clean off a long tar mark streak on one of my doors in less than 5 minutes with OPC just morning! It was of course protected with Opti seal and had a regular dose of OCW every two weeks. Now even maintaining my mother and father in law cars!
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHA
i dont know what to say but u are good with yr words .....I am still very alive & not god...u may call me kc or handsome....
SPREADING detailing knowledge - has been my passion & drive behind all my post

Talking about family, after I got the Optimum
they are both related...TIME Is what we all struggle with....i use to spend hours in washing before we got our babe...now...I only have very very limited time, so limited every day passes like minutes

as i went into my children room, cuddle them & waking them up just energizes me.....it is very very warm .....the precious given from above

my wife has been very supportive & loving - everytime I am back to her house, i will find some tyime to detail our parents cars to show my appreciation like u too....keep it up

OPTI SEAL is a wonderful.....ONR is the only reason I am still detail....as it so little effort requires to care & effective

Awesome glass finish KC! Like glass coating already :adore:
wait until u try the real one OC

Last edited:

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
Oh God, i can only said u have a GOD hand. Looks like my little kenari still have a chance there.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
hoho, then i shall call Handsome KC xD

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I am still very alive & not god...u may call me kc or handsome....
That is "God" with a capital "G", this is "god"
god = Greatest Optimum Detailer
So say KC is like god = KC is like greatest optimum detailer...

:top:

Anyway me and wife enjoy reading your works. Cheers buddy.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Oh God, i can only said u have a GOD hand. Looks like my little kenari still have a chance there.

ehhh ... handsome plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sure join us for ZTH official detailing clinic ...soon....waiting for green light

hoho, then i shall call Handsome KC xD
That is "God" with a capital "G", this is "god"
god = Greatest Optimum Detailer
So say KC is like god = KC is like greatest optimum detailer...

:top:

Anyway me and wife enjoy reading your works. Cheers buddy.
mummy says life is like a box of chocolate....u never know what u will get out of it....gump Forrest

I ve got u......thanks buddy
u too must come to our clinic ya

rebooto

Aug 2, 2011
PJ
i too want to join and learn up detailing coz i wanna save my beloved kelisa......can i join in the ZTH official detailing clinic, kc god hand??? ^_^

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i too want to join and learn up detailing coz i wanna save my beloved kelisa......can i join in the ZTH official detailing clinic, kc god hand??? ^_^
Sure buddy

Keep in touch base ya

we have enough of who says what

we will train u how u can do it

V53

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
JB
Hi KC,
When will be your next detailing clinic? Let me know early please,coz I'm from Southern(JB) and need to schedule my work to attend ur detailing clinic....awaiting ur soonest confirmation...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Honda Civic EG hatchback just got stolen today (29th April 2010).
Number Plate : PJD 9374
Color : White
Outlook: Replica Advan RG with AD07, clubeg6 sticker at front bonnet, I love JDM sticker at fuel cover, J's racing gold sticker at above exhaust muffler, fiberglass replica spoon ducktail, front windscreen and side mirror and rear all sand blasted with old number plate PDD 22
Last location: Parked opposite Sri Petaling Carrefour at 3.30pm

Guys please help me out, appreciate your...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience