seg ae101 rear suspension issue

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to everyone seg ae101 sifu,
now i was driving my beloved seg ae101 around 4 yrs. since last month ago,my belove car ae 101, having facing i never been found a sound at rear suspension. this sound like the nut loose already.after this, i had tries send my car to the tayar shop to identify caused of the sound. but the foreman told me that this only need to changes both part stablizer bush have wear out. the rest like "tulang belakang", suspension still ok.
after changing, this sound of rear suspension still can't be solved. then i had changes the both stock absorber to sport absorber (brand:trd). but the sound still appear.
i hope that open this thread can get advice from all ae101 sifu and help me to solve this matter. i had been fate out to solve this problem.

from
feipepe

ttom

Oct 11, 2005
Bro,
What spring are you using. most likely the sound is from your spring, have that problem b4. I have an issue that when the car is loaded the rear sag...what spring to use?

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
Bro,
What spring are you using. most likely the sound is from your spring, have that problem b4. I have an issue that when the car is loaded the rear sag...what spring to use?
hi ttom,
thank for ur reply. in fact, i had used the sport spring with the brand rsr. but last time i used the stock absorber. that sound is appear at right hand sides. but after changed both absorber and rsr spring. these sound becomes to both sides of rear suspension.
normally, this sound is come out during running in inflat road . but after 7okm/j this sound is disappear already.haiz.:hmmmm:

ttom

Oct 11, 2005
Bro,
I guess the sound is fr the spring, try to put some spacer(pipe) at the spring. Can i ask when u use the rsr sport spring when u hav passenger at the rear will the rear sag? i hav this problem with gab spring

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
u really confirm noisy come from rear?i have to face same problem like u one,change all shock absober with spring,rubber bush rear and front...finally,i also die idea...waht to do more.then,i just sleep on under my car for 5 minute.finally,i want/plan to change front both side ball joint nearby driveshaft with front disc brake one.yes,it is ok,no leak out any grease..but it very loose after i open it from disc brake..just replace both side from rm100. noisy is gone.!no more noisy when i slow low move..and change gear .total amazing work after change many part at first...aiyo loss too lot of $.hope my experience can help u solve ur problem. :driver:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi jimmy ae101,
i had to check that front ball joint at the front disc shaft is fully ok condition, coz i had open and check.
and one more thing i can confirm is this sound is come from rear both suspension.
i had a doubt to ask, may i know do u have such expert foremen for recommend for solve this problem?:adore:

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

hi ttom,
ok, i tries to describe more detail regard my rear suspension problem, before last month ago, my rear suspension better than right now condition. before that just came out the sound at the right hands sides while i cross over very height bumbing and tough hole on the road. but the left hands dun have any sound.

after that i carry 3 bigger size passenger on last month, during carry these 3 passenger, my left hand sides fender will crash by tayar, while cross over the high ways bridges partition. right noweven though i run in simple not inflat road, that stranger sound left hands sides like spring crash the besi.(maybe ur statement add spacer is true). but right hands sides sound like jointing part loose of nut (sound is like "knock"). i had to changes all ball joint stablelizer bush. but still can't work.

besides that, hopefully u may upload the spacer spring photo to me. because i tries to solve the sound from left hands sides 1st. tq

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
First u need to find a good mechanic (who owns the same model as urs)

Secondly, i recommend strip down everything.. open all ur suspension system.. check the parts 1 by 1.. see if there's any wear n tear .. and i mean everything.. coz u don't know where the sound comes from..

and also check ur car body.. mayb there's rust or bend

Gudluck

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Note : there are symptoms and there are disease..

Same symptoms doesn't mean it's the same disease..

peace.. out

:burnout:

six060six

Known Member
Jun 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think your new trd rear absorber also got problem... try to swap with your friends that have a good absorber and find out the result. :idea:

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
the last time i had my mech sleep inside the boot and took him for a ride. found out both the ARB bushes worn out. he came out pening pening cos i tried my car on uneven surface. ended up belanja him kopi :)

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha..of cuz he pening pening lalat...after u lock him inside boot.good idea.can use it,if u got mechanic who dare to sleep inside boot:driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the last time i had my mech sleep inside the boot and took him for a ride. found out both the ARB bushes worn out. he came out pening pening cos i tried my car on uneven surface. ended up belanja him kopi :)
ish.. ish.. ish.. kesian..

:nurse:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi chinozie sifu,
my stay at balakong. but i'm working at ara damansara, did u have any good mechanic can recommend to me?
today, i had tries to lift up my car. it found that left hands sides absorber spacer between was wear out. maybe i will tries to put replace new spacer. if i'm not mistaken. but for the right hand sides. maybe that foremen used the not original stabilizer ball joint. and found that the nut were wear out at the end of ball joint. may i know where have good location to purchase the original genius part within klang vally?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Did u check the rear stabilizer link..?(aka dog bone) try remove n test drive then put back test drive again, mostly knock sound is stabilizer link, buy make in japan brand only. hope this help.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever imagine what is the real meaning or specifications behind any vehicles sold in the market labeled with 5 stars safety rating?

This is the American rating for car crash safety rating:

Front crash:-

5 stars - 10 percent or less chance of serious injury

4 stars - 11 percent to 20 percent chance of serious injury

3 stars - 21 percent to 35 percent chance of serious injury

2 stars - 36 percent to 45...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience