seg ae101 suitable used 16 rim or 17 rim?

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to everyone sifoo seg,
currently i using ae101 with SVT engine and rim tayar size 195/15/55,trying to upgrade to rim 16. i open the thread here mainly is need to collect feedback from for those seg sifoo currently are using rim 16,or 17.
my question are show as below;

1) which tayar types suit for rim 16? 205/16/55, 205/16/50 or 215/16/45...?

2) as mentioned size tayar above the question 1, which type of tayar are more common in market and also prices more cheaper?:listen:

3)if i upgrade to rim 16 with size mentioned above, shall need to put any spaces at the caliper disc there? because i heard from foremen said, if seg trying to used rim 16, must put the spaces for prevent tayar crash the absorber as well. is it statement true?:confused:

hoprefully can get valuable feedback from all sifoo soon.:burnout:

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
to answer your doubts based on my experience:

1) any tyre will suit as long as the dimensions are right
2)my experience, good and reasonable tyres are continental and falken. I've used this two brands, they never give me problems. brands to avoid are sime tyres, silverstone, gt radial. the rubber qualities are not desirable.
3)I used to be on 16 inch, never had the problem like what your foreman said even without spacer. So I disagree with what he said. That was on 205/45/R16.

No doubt SEG can fit bigger rims, i've seen ppl putting in until 18 inch. One thing i'm sure is that the bigger you go, you'll lose your ride comfort. When I was on 16 inch, the ride comfort is quite terrible. The rebound was pretty harsh. So I moved down to 15 inch, PERFECT. Just the right amount of comfort and at the same time, brilliant handling (compared to stock 13 inch).

My friend using 20V BT manual with 17 inch, the car feels heavy during acceleration (not so noticable compared to stock engine 4AFE, but it's still there). But i'm on 15 inch and I don't feel the pick up burden. If i were you, I would stick back to 15 inch (195/50/R15), get some good tyres and I'm sure you'll enjoy your ride with comfort and reasonable handling.

Other sifus out there, feel free to comment and advise our SEG enthusiast here.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if u want looks, u have to sacrifice comfort

if u want comfort, u have to sacrifice looks..

i dont wanna sacrifice anything.. so i use 205/45/16

not too big.. not too small.. kira ok la..

i've been thinking to put 17" rims too.. will wait for other people to comment

:biggrin:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
bro zul,
then how much the market price right now for this size 205/45/16. can get it rm200 per piece?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
IMHO using 16 inch is enough...no need to go overboard using 17...pair it with correct tire profile...it will look great as it will "ngam ngam" with the car wheel arch...maybe have to roll fender a bit to avoid scraping...

but common sense dictates that with the our current road condition...comfort may suffer a lot...

i'm even thinking fitting 60 series tire to my 15 inch rim...the current 55 doesnt seem to be enough buffer the rough road condition...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
last time i bought 4 @ rm180 a piece.. at a tyre shop behind Mines Shopping Centre

cap ayam punya la

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

IMHO using 16 inch is enough...no need to go overboard using 17...pair it with correct tire profile...it will look great as it will "ngam ngam" with the car wheel arch...maybe have to roll fender a bit to avoid scraping...

but common sense dictates that with the our current road condition...comfort may suffer a lot...

i'm even thinking fitting 60 series tire to my 15 inch rim...the current 55 doesnt seem to be enough buffer the rough road condition...
try using this

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
BRO ZUL,
then currently ur ae101 2 door is using what size of tayar and rim too

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
BRO ZUL,
then currently ur ae101 2 door is using what size of tayar and rim too
ek? i thought i've already answer that..

here it goes again.. i use 205/45/16

Enkei RS5 rim.. 16"

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
I'v e used 17'' 205/40/17, Enkei CPS2 on AE101. The car looked great. But the pickup was slow.. So I also changed to 15'' rims. But the car looked normal.

:listen: U don't need anything above 205 for a 100++ hp car ! There bigger tyre size, maybe good grip for dry weather, but in wet roads, it'll be opposite.. Be cautious !!! :driver:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
last time i bought 4 @ rm180 a piece.. at a tyre shop behind Mines Shopping Centre

cap ayam punya la

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

try using this

i'm worried about the absorbers bro...currently already using adjustable abs set...just that i sayang my rim...if you frequently travel to the east coast via karak>bentong>raub>lipis>gua musang (my usual balik kampung route)...you will know why i'm worried...this stretch of road have more undulation per KM than nurburgring...if they call nurburgring the green hell...this 300 km stretch is green motherf****ng hell...

not to discourage anyone...low profile tyre + big rims + pot hole = dented rim in a heart beat...worse care rim patah (this has happened before)...

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
15 inch is the best. use 195/55/R15 tires.
tyre brand : Michelin Pilot Sport 3. Best grip in dry and wet road condition. recommended to my neighbour which is using 4G92 on his wira. Feedback from him, is SUPERB. Now i can drive fast in rainining weather, and hard cornering too. Price about RM270++ per tire. Visit michelin malaysia website to get the authorised dealer.

Michelin Malaysia - Find Your Dealer - http://www.michelin.com.my - www.michelin.com.my

Michelin Malaysia - Pliot Sport 3 - PassengerCar - www.michelin.com.my

MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport - PassengerCar - www.michelin.com.my

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
oh ya..

forgot to tell u guyz..

if wanna fit 205/45/16 need to take off or modify ur 'daun pisang'

but i think put a spacer also can.. didn't try this coz my 'daun pisang' already missing when i buy the car..

Jul 28, 2011
London
Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbagshe technical personnel of one vapor-the public at the same time, to whether having design blemish didn't give an explicit solution.But lay aside to design a blemish problem, list says operation method, use 4 block, 5 block to let car with more than 30 kilometers| of the speed drive, so Gao Dang's low speed is a kind of not extremely commendable operation method!Is false driver's habit!By this time what we should do is to decline to block, time especially go down slope, just can carry out motor resistance like this anti- give an effect, lighten the burden of putting on brakes the system, prevent°from a brake hot the Shuai reduce phenomenon occurrence.

Weakness:The price is more expensive, compare more than ten dollars to wax at a time to say, plating a film at a time can do several ten times wax

Fog-like in shape scar

Moreover, having some the marking is produce because of the reason of related car type gauge dish design, for example say that the water temperature shows marking and moves in modern old style of Yue in Peking and east breeze day's producing Li Wei etc. don't have the car type of water temperature form up, these markings act as and show whether vehicle water temperature normal function, under the general circumstance, blue and green mean the water temperature is low, the red means water temperature Gao, don't show that any color means water temperature accommodation.
Whether play cool this problem to be another matter, actually you keep in mind the person who nearby drives all of a sudden and then will know, there is a handful of men wearing the sun mirror be really don't divide time, in their eye a clear sky cloudy day is a kind, anyway wear the sun mirror to drive is a "cool" word.Cool is enough cool of, but concealed suffer from many.But you also want to know, the dark color of the sun mirror can delay time that eyes send into the brain the sense of vision signal, this kind of sense of vision delays and results in the speed lose really and easily makes people be a wrong judgment.Time of ample sunlight wear certainly is to have no problem, the ray can make up the sun mirror the dark color brings of problem, but cloudy day of time?Or get into the time of tunnel?Probably you should even imagine for a while and try and then never mind.
Edit a suggestion:Have one more low-heeled shoeses on the car, must replace before driving.
A;Can there is soundproof function?
● Don't suggest that the pregnant woman drives

More fascinating video frequencies exert at video frequency channel in the house of car

Fabric chair is that is been a main material by the chemistry fiber material to create chair.

The car paint plates the merit and shortcoming of film

We can see very clearly, all equally is the car window that opens copilot's position from these two sets of test datas, and push to pull a main driver a car door, the temperature variety of front row space wants to have to be big than the rear row spwork
Cheap Louis Vuitton bags.workCheap Louis Vuitton wallets

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I'm using 195/55/R15 on my AE111. Springs all lowered by an inch. Driving is a B*tch last year because my rear abs kong. So the car sink a bit. When I take a corner, the tyres brush against the wheelarches. But after changed the abs, I tried hard cornering and it is okay.

So My advise is don't let the wheel come out too much...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

radiostar Advanced 2-Way Alarm System is suitable for all car makes.

Here's a list of car models that we have installed and the list is growing everyday!

In alphabetical order:

BMW
E36

Chevrolet
Aveo

Ford
Telstra

Honda
Accord
Civic
CRX/Del Sol
Integra
Jazz
Oddesey

Hyundai
Atos
Getz
Matrix

Kia
Picanto
Rio
Spectra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience