Satria GTi Owner Headcount

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Waiting for my car huhuhuh....

By the way care to share what muffler u guys use ? Just now saw a GTi with mid muffler, ugly I must say .... And the muffler brand cap ayam kot, lousy noisy ....

i am using semi cap ayam - Marco
a gift from my fren
but it's nice though

if u wan to use tanabe...go for Hyper Medallion
and let me know the price kay?
hehe

bro im doing t-shirts and gifts do u all want to do for ur club ??
if u wan u guys can pm me and i can come for ur meeting and show u all what im doing

Anyone been to JFA Motorsports ? I heard from cefiro club there Jafa done a great job + reasonable price for exhaust system there.

welkam back chairman...good to hear that your car is out of critical stage...
hehehe...i guess the same question popped everytime a thought of changing the car - what car can i get, around that price that will give a satisfactory level at least at par with our beloved satria GTi...? what car that just as good as they are out of the showroom without ANY modification? i mean dont change anything - even the stock rims...or springs...pls dont compare wif those not in the same league...

the least to me is....no...nothing actually! even alfa 147 that i've fallen hopelessly in love needs at least an italian aftermarket set of bigger wheels - to avoid the "renjong" looks...!! and that's at least around 60k plus for a 1.6, which is "sayur" to standard GTi (mmc) on straight line...and will definitely loose in handling dept...

standard rims is ok actually...i've seen a few who sprayed them with some sort of greyish...or somethin like light gunmetal color...looks better...the only reason i changed the rim is because they are JRD...if its speedline or borbet, i wont mind!

gimme a call if u wanna go to sunway. i've been to JFA and their pipes are quite impressive and price is reasonable...anyway, of what i heard, R3 exhaust system also made in melaka by marco...and my previous muffler also marco...no complaints. but i like the sound of this one...deep and classy...

and some guys told me that R3 goods are on sale now. donno how true. may be one of us can call up eneos or proton parts centre glenmarie to check... my cousin said its up to 50% on certain items...

where's your workshop anyway?maybe can go and have a look together one day...

Hi...juz wanna ask u guys a stupid question..
Normally how high do u guys rev ur car before changing gear?
i juz got mine last week so m still not familiar with the gear shifting etc....
Going for 3000rpm before a gear shift....

So, wat's d optimum rpm for best gear shift?

It's a stock GTi minus the rims part coz the previous owner changed it...

to save fuel...i change around 2k rpm.
to waste fuel...all the way till 7k...hehe

Thanks shadowfax. My workshop is in Puchong, Sing Motor. Now still waiting for the seats and some panel in the car. The exterior is done I guess. After getting the car I guess will do maintenance part first, as my adjustable is leaking so will go and get it serviced, need around rm400++ but issit necessary to service if not leaking ? Next will be Stoplock and alarm kot ? Yeah anyone using Stoplock ? How much eh ? Later baru piping, as mine rojak already maybe muffler first la. Tanabe Hyper Medallion seems quite good price nowadays around RM380 (Excluding modify to fit our car and installation la). Sure if I want to go to JFA I'll give a call. Anyone wants std GTi rims ? Swap with SSR or Advan RG ahahahahah =P

hitsugaya taicho, optimum is at 7.8k rpm. Did u mean normal drive issit ? Last time I change before 3k. Owh back of the days, just to share with u guys, I pump RM50 of Shell Super, keep the rpm below 3k for every gear, and I have amazing mileage - 350km for RM50, impressing issit ? Drive slow and thats the greatest fuel saver u'll ever had (but of coz that was just an experiment, I dont do that for 2nd time ahahaha)

Hey im using the latest version of the Stoplock,the one with the rocket key or something I presume.Got it last year at around RM400.And if you are still looking for mufflers,try the RaceCraft series,it sounds good and at the same time look good too=)

Thanks bro but changing gear below 3k rpm, hehe unless m in a traffic jam la....n still pushing above 3k rpm but not more than 4k coz m still not used to the car, haha :)

My 1.6 engine gives 240kms for RM50... sigh.

Mizi, how are you? Long time no news. Should meet up one of these days la.
Becareful about the exhaust. Getting the pipings to fit our cars in an S pattern is like RM200 above the cost of the exhaust itself... go get a premade one lah.

Jason! Yesterday I thot of giving u a call when I pass by Monash.But takut that u arent studying there no more. Displaying ur car during Monash Autoshow or not ? Still havent had a ride in ur B4g92B man.

Owh yeah, back at the day before U sold ur car, u told me that before, it is expensive to modify to s pattern. Any suggestion for premade one ?

Jason go yamcha when free la and give me ride ur car ok ! Kesian la my 1.6 Spectra lagi petrol guzzler like shit man .....

mizi where is sing's workshop? i'm planning to re-spray the car before raya. rear bumper sopak sana sini. front bumper also, last time knock down one dog...re-paint and paint job not so good...one whole car also la...its 8 years old anyway...

mizi, try and ask the towkay, how much is it to respray. any color. as long as it is silver!...and how many days it wud take.thanks in advance.

there's a very slight possibility that i might team up with my cousin for next year's MME race...looking for a major sponsor. they do provide rental cars for racing (the car is track prepped) and it is cheaper to run rather than modding our own car from scratch.

maybe. its still a big maybe - one major reason is i'd have to go thru medical check up because of the heart attack 3 years ago...to see whether i'm still fit or not...

and looking for a third driver...anyone? or two drivers maybe, if i'm not fit for the race...i'll still be part of the team lah. jadi tukang sibuk...heheheh...jadi mamat yg hulur papan tu pun ok...heheheh...

we are looking at lotus elise, coz the running cost is low. its a very light car so wear and tear parts wont be worn too much i guess - brake pads, tyres, bla bla bla...

the budget was done by my cousin, of course. he's the one that did the breakdowns for R3 a few years back...and quite a daredevil himself...

anybody with info or anything that could help in building the team is welcome...

From MidValley go masuk Old Klang Road and straight aje, then ada exit to Puchong on the left, masuk, after first flyover turn left, Sing Motor is there. Quite large workshop which divided into few departments, workshop, halfcut shop,store bla bla bla. Later if I go and see my car again I'll ask them about the whole car respray thing aite. But usually how much they charge huh ?

MME wow, can I be the driver ? ahahahah. Joking, how i wish.Somemore driving Lotus Elise weyh.

Eh Mizi Im still there la. My car display what lah ppl wont even look. Ill be going there to see see though, come join la then we go yamcha later. :biggrin:

The muffler I love the most for the GTi is still my "Custom" Tanabe G-Power... custom cause the fiber not good already so got unique sound... ahaha the sound was syok man. Anyway there's a Lotus muffler modified to fit satria in the marketplace, go take a look at that one? If everything ngam should sound quite nice...

gtishadowfax, how much will it cost to run the race? I'm seriously interested, but you'll also need a racing license to participate right...

will need around 100k if we rent the car. that's inclusive of training, food, crew, some critical spareparts - suspension, tyres and rims, brake pads, registration, pit, racing fuel...bla bla bla..al in lah...

and because lotus is a lightweight car, running cost is low (100k is low..?)since it will use just one pair of brake pad and only ane pair of tyre thru 12 hours race...but we spare, just in case...

yes, we need the license and i will ask my cousin how, ok?

but please dont put high hope coz seats are very very limited. some rich people (a lot of big names doing this..) will just pay their way in, just to get a seat. sometimes those didnt qualify within the time limit also do this. so, we sengkek but honest racers are left behind.

the 1st merdeka race, my cousin was to drive for a very famous team. and during qualification, he did the best lap (pole position). but last minute, his place was replaced by someone who did not do as good time as he did, but simply because of who he is and who he knows. do you guys still remember which team sat at pole position on the 1st MME race???and the guy who replaced my cousin is a very famous driver, even now.....

this year, my cousin is suppose to drive for another team. but, somebody is trying to do something similar as well....lets just hope that this new team's boss has a vision beyond just money...but we are not hoping for anything. this year lagi kesian....coz my cousin now stays in ipoh and he comes down to sepang every now and then for testing and to show his committment. can you imagine? this is not someone who race for glamour and fame. its simply because racing is his blood...tak dapat duit pun tak apa.

itulah malaysia...everything politics...even sports...........

Top Bottom