Samy: Be prepared for rise in toll charges

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

sarcastics

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
KL
SUNGAI SIPUT: Motorists will have to pay more to use the highways now that the Government will no longer be compensating highway concessionaires in lieu of increases in toll charges.

Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said the Government had to stop the payout as it could no longer burden itself with increasing costs.

“After taking many things into consideration, the Government wants to put a stop to this practice,” he said.

As such, he said, the people should be prepared for an increase in toll charges.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/8/15/nation/11773001&sec=nation

he'd done it again ! *clap* *clap*

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
heh..I pay more toll so that my wheel can get bent on the highway?
Sweet!

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
I'm taking PLUS as an example, "According" to the contract goverment signed with PLUS. PLUS have the rights to adjust or review its' price every 3 years.

Goverment will need to compensate it with a big amount of money If goverment would like to stop the PLUS to increase the toll fee.

last increasement happen 1.1.2005.

to find out more, you can read an old article from dap websites.

http://dapmalaysia.org/english/lge/dec04/lge049.htm

Quote from the article
Apart from the annual RM 80 million compensation to PLUS, Datuk Samy Vellu said that the Government is also making an annual compensation payment of RM 470 million to the concessionaire of the Kesas Highway(RM 50 million), RM60 million to Lebuhraya Damansara Puchong, RM290 million to Prolintas and another RM70 million to Sprint Highway.
in order word, Goverment is heading to the direction "subsidi sifar".

Goverment need more money to run NEP...

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Dont ever forget this big time movie showing only in msia....both of them are the stars of the year....

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
How many more generations of Malaysians will need to pay the fucking toll for PLUS? After all these years still haven't got their fucking money back?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
before talking c0ck who did you vote for last election? Collectively the population agrees with all the governments actions. now all we can do is sit back and curse oh and not forgetting pay more for every thing.

sarcastics

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
KL
have never voted other than the rocket in past elections, will do the same for many more elections to come.

NO to Barisan

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
The blurdy thing is, we don't have much of a choice!! Especially here in the Klang Valley!! everywhere you go, theres a blurdy toll!! :mad: if not, u're stuck with a stupid 1 laner that just takes ages to pass!! :mad:

In other countries, there are tolls, but its given as a choice. There are federal roads which are just as good!!! so you can choose!! here, what real choice do you really have?!?!?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
si|verfish said:
So, we should all shut the fuck up then?
pretty much ;) there is nothing you or me can do except make sure during the next elections they hear our displeasure by casting votes against them, their policies etc. FYI Semi Value just doesn't get up one fine day and says "lets increase toll!!" Higher, i mean very much higher authority decides on this not our sami.

Last edited:

kmunz

Known Member
Jun 26, 2005
K.L
minivan said:
In other countries, there are tolls, but its given as a choice. There are federal roads which are just as good!!! so you can choose!! here, what real choice do you really have?!?!?

i thought in other country they have toll but cheaper license fee and road tax fee... but here all expensive wan.. somemmore salary all low low.. ppl high high :thumpdown

kelvin---

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Sarawak
links said:
Dont ever forget this big time movie showing only in msia....both of them are the stars of the year....
dude...u r the best...lol...btw..does mr "semy d caprio" needa draw nude potrait of "fat R. winslet"? its gonna b...D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G...btw...mama fat r not gonna do the korean ginseng business wif arroyo anymore???=(

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
NiCkY7 said:
fark him kao kao... curse his family until 9 generation...

hope some sniper killer will meet him... :biggrin:
Careful what you wish for... if it ever happens, you could be a suspect... beware!

sarcastics

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
KL
most MPs in our country work for their own wallet, and not for the rakyat

Malaysia bolehhh !

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
"not going to compensate for the contractors for the highway" ??? this has been the same excuse for the pass N times toll increase....uncle semi really get a good job...I cant even use the same excuse for 2nd time to cover my ass...he can use one same excuse for years...really really envy his jobs and his share in telekom malaysia....any highway benefits????......one of the best career in msia..