Rotary Engine no good lah

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
You need to be more specific & tell us about your exact symptoms in order to properly assess your condition 8-) ...your post is too vague.

Didn't you recently swap in 1/2 cut engine??

White smoke on cold start is acceptable if you don't have cat or airpump.

White smoke after yr engine is warmed up could mean bad TPS adjustment or worse if it smells 'sweet' then you are burning engine coolant.

If burning coolant then 1 or more of your engine coolant o-rings is bad allowing coolant (water) to enter the combustion chamber.

Are you losing water?? Does your RX drive normal otherwise or does it hiccup / buck when accelerating??

Best of luck...hope this helps.

alex_77 said:
hey guy,i have 1 question want to ask all sifu here.my car got some smoke when it is in ilde ,it's ok??

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
thank for yours information.. my engine is rebuit engine, last time i had change 1 h/c engine ,but ih's problum.so i change a rebuit 1..my car is going out with white smoke with heavy petrol smell.

aiM

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.geocities.com
err.. my car also got petrol smell but dont have white smoke. futhermore, if i stand near to my exhaust, the petrol smell is strong + pain in the eyes. if i not wrong, rotary engine cant burn 100% petrol inside the block, thus got the petrol smell. am i right?

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Which workshop rebuilt the engine? Just curious coz if good job then good info for others in Penang that view this forum to check out next time they need engine.

alex_77 said:
thank for yours information.. my engine is rebuit engine, last time i had change 1 h/c engine ,but ih's problum.so i change a rebuit 1..my car is going out with white smoke with heavy petrol smell.

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
13btt said:
Which workshop rebuilt the engine? Just curious coz if good job then good info for others in Penang that view this forum to check out next time they need engine.
errr... good job? Be a direct straight to the point not beating around the bush Msian Ah-beng.. Rebuilt engine still smoking!?!? 2t oil?? :D

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
when i was in penang there was nobody that could rebuild rotary. but that was way back in 2000-2003

alex_77

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
i also dono where is the engine rebuited...my fren chop shop get it for me ,if i'm not misstaken he take from M-POWER chop shop in kl.u guy know this chop shop?? ...dono lah ,,he say this is rebuit in japan....but 1 thing i can sure is the o-ring in flywheel there is new and the engine inlet outlet look very clean,between the rotor housing also got silicon gum (the gum can see is the new 1).can look this engine had been open lah...i also not very pro in rotery engine,soo need some sifu to teach me loh...

Turbo676

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
A fren of mind was thinkin of gettin an FD auto as she just loves the curvaceous shape. However, i've observed that she travels quite a bit and 1 can only expect her current honda jazz 1.5Dsi to be rather frugal with the fuel consumption. I'd like to hear from you guys what your average fuel consumption is? ie how much per full tank n how many ks you get to run b4 filling her up again. thanks

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
No comparison

our FDs are 1.3L so very good fuel consumption LOL!

this would have to 1 of my most hated Qs.... if u are concerned about fuel consumption don't buy a sports car / rotary engine full stop!! - no offence intended.

how can u compare a puny 1.5L hondo engine pumping out 80kW to a race engine pumping out 280kW (250kW - earlier models)?

Pure physics dictates that the more power u make the more fuel & air u require...this is why ferraris only manage 20-25L per 100km.

That said, you can expect an FD best case to get 300-350km / tank. If modded heavily less than 300km is very likely. This is comparable to a modded evo8.

Last edited:

FD3S

Known Member
Nov 18, 2004
13btt said:

this would have to 1 of my most hated Qs.... if u are concerned about fuel consumption don't buy a sports car / rotary engine full stop!! - no offence intended.

how can u compare a puny 1.5L hondo engine pumping out 80kW to a race engine pumping out 280kW (250kW - earlier models)?

Pure physics dictates that the more power u make the more fuel & air u require...this is why ferraris only manage 20-25L per 100km.

That said, you can expect an FD best case to get 300-350km / tank. If modded heavily less than 300km is very likely. This is comparable to a modded evo8.
Great~!!!! Brilliant 13btt..2 thumbs up for you~!!! I 100% agree on what you say~!!!

Sedan vs Sport Car???!!! How to compare, buddy~??!!

Turbo676

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
13btt said:

dude, no offence taken. ANyway, she did ask as FC was 1 of her considerations as she's doin quite a bit of travelling due to the nature of her job.

Anyway, how much does it cost for full tank with current petrol prices? give or take a little.

thanks again.

coolblue

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
I've mod a fc with a fuel consumption like around 400~420km per tank of $80 bucks ,
reasonable?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
coolblue-who are you? Interested to know considering your vast exposure to rotary engines. Maybe you can tune my car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey ppl.....

was just wondering....the new proton saga claim 83 hp on engine but i am sure its less on wheels.... my question is that can we convert the SOHC to DOHC? issit as simple as ading another cam..... ? or can we change it into high cams? how much does it cost to convert?

i also want to know the expected results...like 83hp to xxx HP...? can it be done? thanks u sifu and other brothers..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience