RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Jul 25, 2018
I don't believe in this type of contest, sometimes they just prepared a few prizes to contestants, it's unfair and keep fooling the people. But I would like to say that Petronas's fuel not bad, I always go there to pump ron97 for my vios
The quality of petronas fuel is quite fine.
I mostly filled my Almera car with primax 97...I felt that my car become more power. It also helps in saving fuels and providing more mileage.

Jul 25, 2018
As I know, RON97 are used for cars with higher performance engines but RON95 are suitable to all car.So, I don't get it, why everyone like 97 more than 95? Just because of the mindset "the higher price, the better product"?
Yaya, this is due to their misconceptions of RON97 with higher price will have better quality. Actually, most of the cars in Malaysia are fitted with carburettor or the latest Campro CPS engines, these types of car can run on RON95. While RON97 is more suitable for imported car like Nissan, BMW and Audi.

Jul 25, 2018
I don't really understand the mind of people nowadays. Their cars can run pretty well by using petrol RON95. Why they want to spend more money by using petrol RON97? Is it really worth it?

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Lol, I don't think so. For me, petronas primax is quite good on engine power. My car performance has been consistent after using primax 97.
Personally...I most like petronas mesra card bcz its reward points is more than other fuel companies.
1 litre of fuel = 3 points
Why don't grab the opportunity to earn triple reward points by pumping fuel at Petronas station?
oooh !!! how convincing ! yeah why not ! why not !!
I tell you guys...I have the best idea. Since petronas fuel is the BEST, why don't we petition the govt to shut down all other petrol providers, since it's abundantly clear that other fuels are far more inferior. I mean, we should save the general car driving public from themselves, since most of them don't know what's good for them.
Then, we can all happily buy only petronas fuels, while we hold hands together with our shiny happy faces and perfectly white neatly arranged teeth, while singing kumbaya,and basically live happliy ever after.
Ahhh, wouldn't that be nice ?

Last edited:
Reactions: vr2turbo

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I don't really understand the mind of people nowadays. Their cars can run pretty well by using petrol RON95. Why they want to spend more money by using petrol RON97? Is it really worth it?
what to do, some cars REQUIRE the higher grade fuel.... run 95, ping all over the place~

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
lolzzzz all this ron97 vs 95 and I honestly can't feel the difference when I was running my bolted on turbo 4g18t at 1.2 bar boost. I even increased the ignition timing by 3 degrees after changing over to 97 and honestly, felt no diff at all lol. Even if there was any diff, it would be too miniscule to be detected by the butt dyno. Now with my current 4G93T MIVEC engine, I am still running it on RON95 only. So far ok jerr.

Reactions: 6UE5t
Jul 26, 2018
I saw quite a lot of ppl think that Ron97 can protect their car engine, more mileage and bla x3 BUT this is just a myths of Ron97, and I never believe it.

Jul 26, 2018
Yaya, this is due to their misconceptions of RON97 with higher price will have better quality. Actually, most of the cars in Malaysia are fitted with carburettor or the latest Campro CPS engines, these types of car can run on RON95. While RON97 is more suitable for imported car like Nissan, BMW and Audi.
simple conclusion: every car can use RON95 but RON97 only suitable for luxury cars:laugh:
Honestly,sometimes I filled my old car (perodua viva) with RON97 hahahahaaaaaa

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Personally...I most like petronas mesra card bcz its reward points is more than other fuel companies.
Why don't grab the opportunity to earn triple reward points by pumping fuel at Petronas station?
Ok, then can I exchange those points for free fuel?? If so, how many points can exchange for how many liters?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My current experience with RON95 after switching from RON97 is some smoke smell when accelerate very hard. My mech said its normal ?

Car is Lancer with 4B11 N/A, anyone can clarify on this ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm, dewa delima + S. Aishah + Justdoit + JimmyBoo + duriansis ....aiyoyo yeenaday, you think we so dumb kah ? now tambah Audrey Veness lol ..look below..
At least get your fact correct before you post loh. In Malaysia car mostly fitted with carburetor and Campro.....hhahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahaha and Nissan is Imported.......:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok

This is blatant advertising and crap by Petronas cronies.

THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING.

I will ban and delete all your crap if you continue with this trolling and stupid behavior. This is a forum for genuine discussion with genuine car enthusiasts. Not a marketing platform for companies to promote their product. If you want to do that go and talk to Tom Goh the owner of this forum and discuss how you can market on his forum the proper way.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Finally i get the chance to pump in Petron into my Honda EX5 after being force to pump in Petronas all the time due to choice constraint along my usual route.

Honestly i dont feel any difference when riding it. The major difference my bike is a lot easier to start in the morning.was surprised it started after one kick this morning.

Initial fc looks better than Petronas.Daily riders are gifted with the ability to gauge fc by looking and the fuel gauge and recalling the distance travelled which is >90% of the time the same distance and route.

Jul 24, 2018
Lol, I don't think so. For me, petronas primax is quite good on engine power. My car performance has been consistent after using primax 97.
I'm sorry but I have to say, other brand's performance totally better than petronas...most of my friends also say like that

Jul 24, 2018
As I know, RON97 are used for cars with higher performance engines but RON95 are suitable to all car.So, I don't get it, why everyone like 97 more than 95? Just because of the mindset "the higher price, the better product"?
Malaysian's mindset,unable to change it,that's why so many ppl prefer to use branded/expensive things even the car fuel.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Finally i get the chance to pump in Petron into my Honda EX5 after being force to pump in Petronas all the time due to choice constraint along my usual route.

Honestly i dont feel any difference when riding it. The major difference my bike is a lot easier to start in the morning.was surprised it started after one kick this morning.

Initial fc looks better than Petronas.Daily riders are gifted with the ability to gauge fc by looking and the fuel gauge and recalling the distance travelled which is >90% of the time the same distance and route.
Kinda reminded me of a case i encountered too. Bikes really seem to be sensitive to fuel especially older tech small cc carburetted bikes. My own KTN 200 at one point of time suffered from bogging at lower engine speeds, occasional misfire at higher load/rpm, had no idea what was causing it, until my next refuel and the problem all went away. The 'problem' fuel was Shell and I solved it by pumping BHP. Not too sure if it was a bad batch or not but likely, though I don't usually pump Shell, that time pumped Shell because it was convenient and I was low on fuel. I usually pump BHP though.

Jul 24, 2018
Yes, actually ron95 is enuf for our car, my Camry also use ron95.

Jul 25, 2018
The quality of petronas fuel is quite fine.
I mostly filled my Almera car with primax 97...I felt that my car become more power. It also helps in saving fuels and providing more mileage.
haha HIGH FIVE!!!But I think Petron's fuel also not bad,I will go there if I can't find petronas around my area.

Jul 26, 2018
I'm sorry but I have to say, other brand's performance totally better than petronas...most of my friends also say like that
Why u x like this company? I thought it is okay because existed in our country for a long time.
anyway, I have no idea about this:laugh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beasts of a feather flock together... But then again, the red one is a whole lot more nastier.. <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b> <b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience