Roaming charges for oversea use

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

Jun 20, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Where otehr country you will go? Because every country they got partner with different telco there. You will mostly use roaming data or call? because all the rate are different as well.

kennyg329

Jun 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
For sure is data la.Smartphone can Whatsapps or Viber to call. More cheaper then calling . Going to have my honeymoon onearly July at Thailand then to Cambodia. Should I active my mobile roaming services before I go or get a prepaid card at each country?*I just concern about the language problem if need to get the prepaid card at th local destination

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I'm going to Krabi for honeymoon at early July. Just wish to know roaming charges. Should I get international roaming sim card in each country?
First of all, congratulations.

Call your local telco (e.g., Maxis, Celcom, whatever) and ask about the roaming charges in those countries. But since you are on honeymoon, would you be planning to use your phone that much? Just chill, relax, and forget about the handphone (only for quick or emergencies call).

Some hotels can advise and even help you to buy the local sim card if you ask them.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For sure is data la.Smartphone can Whatsapps or Viber to call. More cheaper then calling . Going to have my honeymoon onearly July at Thailand then to Cambodia. Should I active my mobile roaming services before I go or get a prepaid card at each country?*I just concern about the language problem if need to get the prepaid card at th local destination
Firstly, Congrats...
Your wife is with you who are you calling....hahhaha joking only....
For me if what apps and viber I use Hotel wifi. If calls local prepaid should be cheaper....

kennyg329

Jun 19, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
First of all, congratulations.

Call your local telco (e.g., Maxis, Celcom, whatever) and ask about the roaming charges in those countries. But since you are on honeymoon, would you be planning to use your phone that much? Just chill, relax, and forget about the handphone (only for quick or emergencies call).

Some hotels can advise and even help you to buy the local sim card if you ask them.
honeymoon also still need to work lo...no work how to pay off for the trip :)

but mine is Iphone 5 so need the micro sim card..last time went to Vietnam end up the hotel ppl buying the normal sim card..waste of $$$$

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Firstly, Congrats...
Your wife is with you who are you calling....hahhaha joking only....
For me if what apps and viber I use Hotel wifi. If calls local prepaid should be cheaper....

agreed but honeymoon will lepak in the room more often lo..:proud:

but thanks for the tips bro

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

if you are rich enough, you can consider taking digi oversea internet roaming, which is rm32/day
why only rich ppl can use Digi?

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
300bath can get u a micro simcard with 7-day unlimited data plan. Their local rates is damn cheap too, 50bath of airtime cant finish in 6 days.

Not sure about Cambodia tho.

phobian

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Personally when I travel around SEA countries, in terms of getting in touch - I need to make phone calls, receive calls and access to a data plan. Roaming charges for mobile telecommunication for the 3 things I wanted going to set me easily RM300 per day on the average per trip.

So what I did to minimize cost is do the following. I subscribed to a roaming gateway - FlexiRoam - FREE unlimited international roaming services. You purchase a day pass for RM10 which allows you to make and receive unlimited number of calls. Bear in mind that you need a local sim card - for eg, if you are travelling to Krabi, get a DTAC Happy Prepaid Sim card for THB59 which will last you 30 days of use in Thailand. You need to activate the call forwarding from your MY mobile to the Flexiroam's gateway & register your TH's mobile number to the gateway - and there is no cost for any call forwarding in this matter. The catch, when you activate your Flexiroam - you will not be able to receive SMS. What I do is that at off peak hours, I would turn on my MY mobile to check if there are SMS. Another catch is to make calls back to MY, there is no toll charge - but you will need to send a SMS to an international number to bridge the call, hence it will incur an international SMS charge everytime you want to make a call to MY via Flexiroam's services.

For my next requirement of data plan, TH DTAC has a THB299 Internet value pack which allows your 1GB or 2GB (cant recall) for 7 days. After the amount used, speed will be throttled. Having said all that, it beats having to pay RM32/day for data plan roaming which is quite a con for me cause I always get double and triple charges per day despite locking it to a single provider while abroad. Got a feeling it is their billing or metering issue which I do not want to spend time to arguing with them.

Hope this helps.

A Post Every 5 Mins

HELP...need help from all the taiko here. yesterday I DIY change my saga BLM B-line steering to aftermarket steering. I managed to take out the old original steering, disconnect the green color wire that connected to the original steering horn button, then install the new boss kit and also new steering.

Now the problem come, the aftermarket new steering's horn button behind there got 2 connector, I try to connect the green color wire to one of it, then install, then tekan tekan no horn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience