Residents revel in speed bump victory

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Notice how the author referred to the use of speed bumps as being "stone age". Just tells you a lot about what kind of progress we're making here.

msia is still in flintstone phase...yapa dapa doooooo......

exactly..

if THAT kind of speed bump is considered stone age, then what about the speed bumps here???? zzzz

Well, personally i'd love to see all speed bumps removed in Malaysia. However, reality is, we're still not civilised enough for this to happen. Frankly, if the council puts up a 50kmh speed limit in a local housing area, how many of us actually obey. For us Malaysians, as long as the road is in good condition, we'd be speeding like mad. As it is now, the road in front of my house. Its not even a main road but more like a sub road that leads to the main street. At night, there's always a bunch of idiots speeding at least 90, blasting their music with those loud ass exhaust.

So the fact is, we have not reach the stage whereby when people see a reduce speed sigboard, they will reduce automatically so to not endanger other people lives. So we just got to live with speed humps.

However, i only have one request. Those fucking steep speed humps be levelled slightly lower so that it does not scrap against the bottom of my car. Either that or make the speed hump wider. I find that its quite ridiculous that my stock car actually scrapes against most housing area speed humps.

prodigy said:
Well, personally i'd love to see all speed bumps removed in Malaysia. However, reality is, we're still not civilised enough for this to happen. Frankly, if the council puts up a 50kmh speed limit in a local housing area, how many of us actually obey. For us Malaysians, as long as the road is in good condition, we'd be speeding like mad. As it is now, the road in front of my house. Its not even a main road but more like a sub road that leads to the main street. At night, there's always a bunch of idiots speeding at least 90, blasting their music with those loud ass exhaust.

Have to agree with you here, we're simply not civic minded enough. We may blame our leaders and such but fact is the vast majority of our public behave in this manner. Worse still, some people think it's cool to speed in housing areas and experiencing near death moments.

prodigy said:
So the fact is, we have not reach the stage whereby when people see a reduce speed sigboard, they will reduce automatically so to not endanger other people lives. So we just got to live with speed humps.

However, i only have one request. Those fucking steep speed humps be levelled slightly lower so that it does not scrap against the bottom of my car. Either that or make the speed hump wider. I find that its quite ridiculous that my stock car actually scrapes against most housing area speed humps.

You are quite right. What really annoys me is idiots still don't know what a zebra crossing is for. Fact is, we behave like children and as such, have to be treated in this manner.

Yeah, those high bumps are killer.

menghua84 said:
actually.. wat's the actual size of it? its wide but doesn't mean its high ma...

yea it's wide and not that high.

much better than what we have here IMO.

BlackSamurai said:
i thought they removed it?
the pic show is before or after?

err..should be before kua..the actual hump itself

i think malaysians are not used to driving on level road that's why everytime they see smooth road they want to speed hahaha. I can live with bumps, but not potholes. At least the bumps are placed at the right place (most of em), whereas these potholes sometimes just pop out of nowhere and BAM !!! Too late to do anything.

In Singapore or Australia, when there's someone waiting at the zebra crossing, the car will automatically stop to let them cross. Its different over here, the car will have the priority. I tried to do that once in KL. I stopped to allow a family to cross though i could have just drove thru. Guess what, someone honked me from behind.

Its a norm over here that cars will go first, and only then the people will cross.

how come the residents in my housing area here dont remove all speed bumps arr??... they jz keep adding them each time i come back from holiday...

It's because lots of us Malaysian still don't know how to read the road sign. I was once staying in one of the apartment areas in town and I had to go through about 12-13 freakin' high road bumps from my block to the main road. :retarded: If we know how to obey the law, then I believe the management won't setup so many bumps there...imagine what will happen if those apartments are on fire?

i dont mind the speed bumps...i just dont faking like the small small cili padi bumps...sumore not goverment built wan..

prodigy said:
In Singapore or Australia, when there's someone waiting at the zebra crossing, the car will automatically stop to let them cross. Its different over here, the car will have the priority. I tried to do that once in KL. I stopped to allow a family to cross though i could have just drove thru. Guess what, someone honked me from behind.

Its a norm over here that cars will go first, and only then the people will cross.

In australia or SG u nvr see :
A chair park in Car park space.
Private can close the road cause they don't feel like let other to cross ...
Brain Less or Brain Handicap person park in Handicap space. (in their country brain maltfuction person can't drive).

But Malaysia,
Zebra cross is for car.
Car Park space is own by the shop owner.
handicap space is for Brain less ppl (not with wheelchair)
Safty belt is prevent police caught.
Speed Limit = Slowest speed u should go.
Accident kill can be "kautim" cause dead can't speak.
True and Faulth abt accident is depend on who have the money.
Every dept have their own rules and standard.
Orange/Yellow light car means speed up, if not the car behind will bang u.
Green light means look left and right before u cross.
Red means u can cross cause other's will beware.

And the best Strong Bulid car need no air bag.

did anyone still remember " zhng my car " ??

most of the hump in malaysia can reach sky high one !!

Don no why ar ??

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom