Question on intercoolers!! :fear:

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
I have a very simple question here!!

i have a vr4 intercooler which i wish to spray it black in color, kay, the question is, will the color of the intercooler efect the performance of it? im very aware that black absorbs more heat than brighter colors, white and shining surface reflects the heat.

But will there be a significant lost of performance or it doesnt have any effect at all? the intercooler from the sleeper(cars that dont wanna be noticed as powerful cars) version is also black in color.

So experts please answer my humble question, tq tq tq :_:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
Brahandum said:
hmmm, what color do u spray?

haiyo bro.. he ald stated there.... "BLACK"..

u got read his question or not..... he asking whether black will absord more heats.. lol

u spamming la....

imo will absorbs heat..

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
well, IF there is any difference at all, it would be minimal. i sprayed my previous intercooler to black, didnt feel any power loss...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
topic has been discussed to 3-4 pages, please use the SEARCH button,
thank you

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
avaultz said:
haiyo bro.. he ald stated there.... "BLACK"..

u got read his question or not..... he asking whether black will absord more heats.. lol

u spamming la....

imo will absorbs heat..
hey bro.. ur the one who should read MY question.. as i'm the one who asked, and i'm the threadstarter.. and i was replying to this..

flushafteruse said:
no i think,i got oso maybe a very2 little of diff
i asked what colour cos some ppl spray it flat black, some glossy black, some silver and there's even ppl who spray their intercooler according to their car's colour..

i'm not spamming, but ur juz plain silly in ur reply when u told me to read it, but u didn't..

for others, i'll search for it.. thanx for the "help"..

Brahandum

Known Member
Jan 31, 2006
roti_turbo said:
almost no notice diffrnt la bro! it is right tht the black body absorb heat but for the forced heat convection to ur ic, no different.no power loss laa..hehe
khoyos said:
well, IF there is any difference at all, it would be minimal. i sprayed my previous intercooler to black, didnt feel any power loss...
thank you.. atleast some forumers here has some experience with what i'm asking..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

im having problem where my steering in the kelisa will tend to turn on its own when crossing uneven road, it would not stay straight and tight, it seems loose and quite dangerous when im driving fast

a tyre shop told me its the freeplay at steering bush, i just got it replaced so he suggested to wrap the bush making it thicker so void will be filled, less freeplay. but they will have to bring down steering rack or something like that which costs labor of rm150

as added info, im...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience