EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
;) taken from
http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/latest/promo/ptt_faq.asp

What is PoC?
PoC is an acronym for Push-to-Talk over Cellular. It is a half-duplex communication service that allows a user to directly connect to a contact or a group of contacts with just a push of a button, similar to walkie-talkies. It also has the Presence feature that allows a user to see the availabilities of all his contacts, similar to Instant Messenger.PoC is a voice service that runs on the GPRS network.

· What are the advantages of PoC?
PoC users will be able to
1) Connect directly to a selected contact.
2) Perform a group call (similar to call conference).
3) Able to tell contacts availability through the presence feature.

· Who is eligible for the service?
PoC is currently limited to selected postpaid Corporate Advantage, Corporate Advantage Plus, Corporate 500 rate plan subscribers and selected Hotlink Club members only. The service will be extended to all other Maxis Pospaid and Hotlink Prepaid customers soon.

· Is the service phone dependant?
Yes. Currently the service only work on Motorola V303P. More PoC-enabled phones will be available soon.

· Is there a distance limitation for communication using PoC?
No. You will be able to use the service nationwide as long as you are within Maxis' GPRS network.

· Can I make a GSM call while on a PoC call and vice versa?
No. Only one type of call can take place at any given time. Either PoC or GSM call.

· What happens when a GSM call comes in while I'm on a PoC call?
The GSM call will be routed to the voice mailbox for Voice Mail subscribers. The GSM call will be terminated for non-Voice Mail subscribers.

· What happens when a PoC call comes in while I'm on a GSM call?
The PoC call will not get connected. The caller will get a prompt that the user is busy.

· Does the service support international roaming?
Yes. But roaming PoC calls will be blocked until further notice.

· How do I activate the service?
PoC is currently limited to selected postpaid Corporate Advantage, Corporate Advantage Plus, Corporate 500 rate plan subscribers and selected Hotlink Club members only.

· Do I have to get a new number to use this service?
No.

· How much will I have to pay for the service?
PoC subscribers will be charged a fixed monthly fee of RM30 for an unlimited usage of PoC until 30 June 2005.

· Will I be charged airtime for PoC usage?
No. PoC subscribers will be charged a fixed monthly fee of RM30 for an unlimited usage of PoC until 30 June 2005.

· Will the PoC usage records be itermised in my monthly bill statements?
No.

· Will I be able to enjoy the service if my number is barred or suspended?
No.

· Will I be able to enjoy the service if my prepaid credit runs out?
No.

· Will I be able to enjoy the service if I exceed my postpaid credit limit?
No.

· How do I deactivate the service?
PoC subscribers can call in or walk-in to any Maxis service centres, MASA or call centre to deactivate the service.

· What is presence?
Presence is a feature available with the PoC service that will let the PoC user know the availabilities of contacts. i.e. Available, Busy or Do Not Disturb.

· What type of calls can I perform on PoC?
PoC subscribers can perform 2 types of PoC calls:
1) One-to-One Call.
2) Group Call.

· What are the different modes of a typical PoC call and how do you initiate them?
PoC subscribers can initiate calls in 2 methods:
1) Barge Call - Recipient will be listening to the call straight away Select the Contact from the Contact List and Press the PoC button to call.
2) Alert Call - Recipient will be alerted with a message of incoming PoC call and have a choice of accepting or ignoring the call.

· How do I setup my contact list?
From the PoC contact list, go to Menu and select Add. Insert your contact's name and number. Select Done.

· What is the maximum number of contacts can I have?
Max of 20 contacts.

· How do I setup my group list?
From the PoC group list, go to Menu and select Add. Select the contacts you want to include into the group and select Done.

· What is the maximum number of contacts can I have in a group?
Max of 5 contacts per group.

· What is the maximum number of groups can I have?
Max of 5 groups.

· How do I PoC someone who is not on my contact list?
You will have to add that particular person into your contact list first, and then initiate a PoC call through the contact list.

· Can more than 1 user talk at the same time in a PoC call?
No. PoC works on half duplex mode. Only one person can take the floor and talk at any given time while the others listen.

HANDSET CAPABILITY

· Does the phone support?
Yes.

· Can I turn the speaker mode off?
Yes. There is a button on the phone to turn the speaker off and on.

· Can I use the service thru a hands-free device?
Yes.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
i used to test with Nokia 5140....with PTT server in Finland...got 1-3 sec delay lar....but quite nice :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Quoted from The Malay Mail:

"I COULDN’T believe it happened in front of my house." So said 57-year-old retiree Abdullah Hashim when describing an incident in which a robber died after crashing into a concrete barrier near his house in Jalan USJ 2/4, Subang Jaya, on Friday.

He was walking home after Friday prayers when he saw a crowd gathering in front of his house.

"I was shocked to see a dead body at the entrance," Abdullah said.

His wife and son, who were at home, called the police...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience