Project " Saving the Old Lady "

the price of this old Z will be hike up like nobody business after wangan midnight the movie show up here...like hachiroku~~~~:biggrin:

This kind of restoration really costly and timely.

You must have lots of patient and full of enthusiasm to complete this project.

Mind to summarize how much u have spent as of today?

I can still recall that back to my college life ( 1996 ) in States, I

am so proud that I have a chance to sit on friend's 280ZX ( S130 ).

The fella only spent few hundred bulks to buy the S130, but spend few

thousands dollars to restore, just like what you did..

Really salute him....

phew.. this thread is like a 'motivation'... hahaha.. 260z wan to restore oso..

hi guys... i am currently working on a 280zx 2+2 that i bought a month ago. currently is under body works now. kinda hard to find sifu's that willing to spend time on doing it. alot of them told me that i can find these sifus in alor star or sp or butterworth in penang. problem is i do not know my way around to get them so luckily got some ol skool mechanics recommend one place for me in the island. this shop only work on wind screens but the ol timer has alot of lurve on ol cars and he agree to work on my car.
right now.... i am just waiting eagerly to look at it. went to his shop couple of times but my car is not in his shop but in his garage. he will only let me see when it's 50% done. so far i have seen his work on my windscreen before i agree to let him do my whole body and his work is pro. doesn't charge expensive but reasonable. i am posting some pics for you guys to see the before work. i got it from KL and drove it down to penang.
enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC00121.JPG
    DSC00121.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC00122.JPG
    DSC00122.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 393
externally it looks ok but when you take a close look at it, it needs alot of work to do especially on the rust. now i am getting it stripped down and have it rust remove and anti rust the whole car. later on i will need to find a body shop to work on the bumper rear and front then i will make a heart transplant to it. i am still ding dong on RB25det or SR20det.

dfws77...where did u find your 280zx? i'm looking for a decent unit(still drivable) too but cant seem to find any...would prefer it with the original engine if its a 280zx...any ideas? just love the shape.

yrs still looks in very good condition. rust n body panel knocking is just small matter...its the perishables u should worry about such as the bushes n suspension arms...the trims will also kill u from what i heard...

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

hahaha....no wonder the # was so familiar...this exact 280zx was for sale here a few months back. nissan laurel 2.0l engine convert right?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom