problem on b16a

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mugen9

Known Member
hi guys...my friend's car (ori eg9,manual) a problem...

after 150km/h...very slow to go further....(>150km/h)..he wanted to test his new car...currently have jasma extractor,modified chip (no rev/speed cut),2.3" piping
without mid box and tuned VAFC....

whats the problem or anybody before happened same as this problem??

1) is it the clutch plate 'haus' already??...but no slip... <_<
2) is it the uncorrect VAFC setting...?? but on AFR meter reading is nice (not lean or rich) <_<
3) or need to dyno tune the engine....??

few mechanics says...uncorrect VAFC setting :unsure: ....fuel pump failed,cannot pump enough fuel during cruising more than 150km/h.... :unsure:

he pening already :( ...he's thinking of going dyno to GT auto....during/after dyno can detect problem?? such as fuel pump failure..injector or compression problem??

feedback from you guys and SIFUSSS A.S.A.P are really appreaciated...TQ

use 2" is enuf .. coz standard engine .. too big .. top end memang hancurss ..

ya kaaa??....but lot of my friend use 2.3"...ok aje...

dunno laa . mine was like that also .. was using 2.2 .. cannot go .. after change back to 2" .. okay liao ..

mebe can check compression ..

mighty be...thanks mate...

regarding the dyno....anybody can help??? :(

check that is it ur car when high RAM enough fuel or too much fuel..
fuel pump won't get fail when the injector is still standrad... and the management's still standrad... set up ur VAFC... dyno...(wat my opinion's not ness)

Clucth plate "haus" not like tat, even me clucth plate "patah" oso can go above 200kmh. For me I think better you try swap your ECU with a standard one and test it for a while, see the results. This Vtec engine most of the equipment there controlled by the ECU ...

vtecpower....base on VAFC..it is ok...i thing need to dyno laa

no power?!?!

jasma extractors-which kind? 4-1 or 4-2-1..4-1 gives better lick ups as for 4-2-1 gives better top end..Vtecs are NA, need to compress unlike Turbos where u need free flow of exhaust

ECU? wat ECU? no rev limiter no speed cut? u got piggy bak system to go wif such mods, even with VAFC u can map the A/F that goes beyond what was created by Honda and does the VAFC understands the setting of that modified ECU..haha..correct me if i'm wrong, just giving my 2 cents and like wat vtecpower said, injectors n fuel pumps up for the xtra work load given?

hrm..but wondering, no rev cut, wat is his shift point? wat gasket is he using for this ECU? does the head part have oil leakage probs?

piping wont affect that much on watever speed that u might go, hard to get pass 150km/h for a b16a? that is really unusual.

especially when u r already in vtec range

go dyno, u see everything

zero4 said:
piping wont affect that much on watever speed that u might go, hard to get pass 150km/h for a b16a? that is really unusual.

especially when u r already in vtec range

go dyno, u see everything

true, i doubt its a piping problem. takkan piping issue u loose +-50km/h?? and it is weird that a b16 cannot even breach 150?!

minivan said:
true, i doubt its a piping problem. takkan piping issue u loose +-50km/h?? and it is weird that a b16 cannot even breach 150?!

yeap, my points exactly

ya lar..my one B16A small V standard kambing can get out meter... ecu stock, piping 2 inci...i think better u tuning ur VAFC on a DYNO machine...all the best!

u guys mean 2 in" piping is the outer diameter or the inner diameter???

Just to share,
My recently just transplanted EG9 B16A auto with everything standard can clocked 160km/h (yesterday) with no problems.

No mod on exhaust or filter, all standard. The previous engine was a 1.5 carb. So, can imagine the piping size (less than 2").

So, I think your car setting has got a problem.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom