Problem after conversion

lancer_ajai2

Known Member
Jan 22, 2004
Kuching, Sarawak
Visit site
Hi

I've recently converted to vr4 240. The question is :

If my mechanic somehow salah pasang timing belt, can it cause my car to stutter at idle (jus like using high cam)
cause my car after the conversion at low rpm stutter and idles juz like using high cam. Driving at low rpms/speed is difficult becos of this problem. Checked the injectors , plugs,cable, timing, t/body etc but still the same effect. At high rpm okay but can here "tek tek tek" sound(like the valve's sound but im not sure though). What im afraid of is that my mech missed a tooth or two when he install the timing belt. So can salah pasang timing belt cause this kind of stuttering/not smooth idling? Summore i takut later on this problem can cause my valves toi bengkok/patah etc. Please avice...thanx.

p/s:b4 this when i purchase the h/cut, i try to start the engine and its running fine, thats why i dun suspect its because of the engine internals

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
want to try another mech?my friend...experienced with VR4...and all sorts..especially 1JZ...maybe he pasang the mounting is hard mounting?

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
hmmm.. running rich u say? obviously flooding. Cud be yer plugs, injectors, etc. Obviously fuelling problem. Then got 'tek tek tek' sound like tappet or something? Hydraulic lifters kinda noise? if the problem is fuel related, your engine is "pinging"!..caused by improper burning of fuel.
like cobra_motor sez: u better have it checked out before it gets very serious. Well, already serious la, coz you could have a BLOWN motor soon! Fuelling in Turbo engines please don't take it lightly. Very dangerous. The damage means RM, RM, and more RM!

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
there is no way salah pasang timing belt lar...to clear ur doubt

just run a timing strobe test....can know where there cam timing is right or wrong...

i think something wrong with the fuel...

not enuff fuel?too much fuel?

ur fuel pump using rs wan ?

MAKANBUDAK

Jul 2, 2005
SUBANG
convert dekat mana.if u convert at chop shops this is typical
one la. Mechanics always on hurry. Got check with ECU, THE MOTHER of perfect timing and distributors.If needed must do remap.Alaways ask to mechanics that focusing wiring job at night cause daytime dont want trouble with customer.
This type of mechinics is good one.

lancer_ajai2

Known Member
Jan 22, 2004
Kuching, Sarawak
Visit site
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply. Didint have the chance to log on. Anyways, i;ve fixed my problem,it appears my previous mech when installing the timing belt, the cam he didnt align the cams properly b4 putting the belt, causing the belt to lari 2 teeth. THanx for all ur help and advice.

cobra_motor

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Subang
cobramotor.fotopages.com
check la oi. susah woo if engine turbo rosak.dont play2 woi.

engine vr4 rs 240 dah la best pakai. if rosak sayang woo.if

rosak nevermind, go buy engine evo3 kosong, we go

hybrid for u.evo3 head with vr4 rs block,wat lau wei, hp sure

naik.dont forget the metal gasket also. can boost higher. :)

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
ular cobra motor... u willing to travel to Sarawak for engine conversion? wow.. :D :D
better u travel to penang collect your hood.. hahaha.. :P :P

lancer ajai... wah ur cams lari 2 gigi? like adjustable cam already woo...

cobra_motor

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Subang
cobramotor.fotopages.com
haha.that guy from sarawak meh? i didnt know.

eh bro i have gotten the evo5 hood already la bro. very nicely done. ye lor, i calculated if i go to penang, more expensive wor.

anyway, that hood of ours is still one of the nicest hood i have ever seen. come people of penang. buy his hood. ehhe

ftzone said:
ular cobra motor... u willing to travel to Sarawak for engine conversion? wow.. :D :D
better u travel to penang collect your hood.. hahaha.. :P :P

lancer ajai... wah ur cams lari 2 gigi? like adjustable cam already woo...

Last edited: