problem about upper sound and ecu prob

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
hello everybody... my ride is 96 civic local 2 doors... after a year i bought my car, i change it to adjustable suspension... after few months time my ride started to has a lot of "krong krong" sound when drive on some wave road... then i mechanic said is the upper arm prob and the stering rack prob... then i change it... but after i change it... and service my adjustable suspension.... still got sound also... i bring it to mech and check.. bush no prob.. HAiz... i think many of civic ek owner face this prob... even my fren ek also like tat...

One more prob is, i convert my auto trans to manual... the injection light keep on light on... most ppl say is like tat, no prob one... But do u guys think i need to fix back?? wher?? some say honda service centre to tune back the ecu setting... Anyone got experience bout it?? pls help...

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
as for the sound, actually you can tell by looking at the suspension arms condition. but i guess, it's the tie rod. check the tie rod end whether it's worn out or not.

as for the auto/manual transmission swap issue, i guess u need to remap/rechip your auto ecu or use a manual one. i don't understand about this 'injection light' thingy, was it actually the "check engine light"?

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
soulfly--- thanks.. but i donno which is the tie rod la...

u know wher or how to rechip the auto ecu??? honda centrecan do it??? how much for labour cost u think?? yes is the check engine light on...

dcloo

1,500 RPM
May 11, 2005
kl
u maybe just plug back the auto solenoid to fix the problem
the check engine light will turn off..
for the sound u can try to open the sway bar link its could have the sound of it and the sway bar bush
many ek owner will having this problem n can't solve it

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
dcloo... u mean the front anti roll bar link??? if change it, the sound can remove?? wher is the auto solenoid??

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
yah rit... my all my fren civic got those sound in front of the car... ANybody got more experience to overcome this problem????

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
bump//// any civic ek owner can give some sharing???

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Mine comes from the driver side.....
However never tried removing the anti roll sway bar yet....
Other items all changed oledi... How huh??

sleepy

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
hmm... my opinion.. all honda oso famous fer dat problem..
they'll ask u to change tie rod la.. then upper arm la.. then lower arm la.. then bush la.. then steering rack la.. this la dat la.. but still got sound.. my advice is.. just turn the radio on n layan je..hehe.. i know its annoyin.. i felt the same way... i just left it as it is.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
if it's the roll bar, sometimes it's due to the way it's installed, because you're supposed to torque with load, means that the car is on the ground, or sits on a ramp that doesn't leave the tires dangling (in other words, a drive on ramp/lift)

If you torque it with the tires are dangling, the roll bar is twists on the bushes when you put the car on the ground (preloading the swaybar), and squeaking results.

If you're using polyurethane bushes, live with it, it's unavoidable. Greasing (use proper grease, petroleum based grease attacks polyurethane) minimises it.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car parked under a tree then the "getah" driping on my car..

how to remove it? i try to wash cannot remove it.....

try to scratch it out also cannot..
help me guys

later i'll try to post pic
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience