Porsche greenlights mini Cajun crossover-coupe

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The top brass at Porsche have given the go-ahead for production of the company’s mini crossover coupe, currently dubbed the Cajun, that will go head-to-head with the BMW X3 and Land Rover’s Evoque.

Part of the plan includes an expansion of the company’s manufacturing plant in Leipzig, Germany, that will be the production point of the Cajun. The plant will be expanded to include a new assembly line and paint shop for the increased unit production. Porsche also estimates that an additional 1,000 jobs will be created with the production of the Cajun.

“During the production of the Cayenne and the Panamera, our Leipzig plant has impressively proved that it can produce premium vehicles of highest quality. The decision in favor of this location is proof of our trust in the skills and qualifications of our Leipzig associates, and at the same time another contribution to the economic advancement of the region,” said Matthias Muller, Chief Executive Officer of Porsche.

Previous reports have pointed to the Cajun being based upon the new Audi Q5 with design influences by Walter de’Silva. A 2014 launch date is highly likely with the base model first followed by a slew of other variations that will be higher up the performance scale.

Source: WorldCarFans and TeamSpeed

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All bro's and sifu's,

I bought a satria with VR4 220 hp engine recently. Currently still running stock VR4 which is bit underpower for me. Plan to upgrade the engine till it generates +-300 hp on wheel. What is the basic upgrades with a budget of 10k? Need you guys to help me!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience