Porsche goes up in smoke

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

PETALING JAYA: A Porsche worth a few hundred thousand ringgit was destroyed in a fire in Jalan 1/4 here.

The blaze at about 10.30am yesterday also destroyed two houses but no casualties were reported.

A resident, Soo, 40, said he was on his way home after dropping his daughter off at work at around 10.15am when he saw thick black smoke near his house.

“I rushed home but my house and my neighbour’s house were already on fire,” he said at the scene.

He said he managed to drive out the three cars parked in his house compound but a Porsche parked at his neighbour’s house was des*troyed as no one was in at the time.

A mechanic, who lives in the other house, said the Porsche belonged to one of his customers and was parked in the compound while waiting to be repaired.

“I have informed my boss,” said the man who refused to be named.

Jalan Penchala Fire and Rescue Department chief Mohd Hisham Mat Yasih said they received a distress call at 10.36am yesterday.

About 35 personnel and five fire engines were deployed to the scene and managed to control the fire within 10 minutes, he said.

“We are investigating the cause of the fire,” he said.

Lucky no casualty. I stay nearby and witness the fire. Fire fighting was hampered by low water pressure. They practically had to let the 2 houses burn down. First house cannot be saved as already burnt to the ground by the time fire truck came. Second house roof was burning but no water to fight it.....:banghead:

Here some more pictures...
Height of the fire

In front is the Porsche burning

Ending of the fire

The poor Porsche after the fire

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i tot porsche must go back to their exclusive workshop to repair? why at this place?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
No water pressure to fight fire! HAHAHA. Everyday rain so heavy until SMART also closed to channel water out. Federal Government start with save water campaign, now no water to fight fire. What a joke. God gave plenty of water to Malaysia, the Government eat all the money so no money to clean and deliver the water to the rakyat, bravo!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i tot porsche must go back to their exclusive workshop to repair? why at this place?
This is not a workshop. Don't know why mechanic drove it home, maybe thought safer to park at home then in workshop?:hmmmm:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
The upper numbers, closer to the town center.....
Actually about 4 houses from the end of that road.....
I see. Was trying to make out & identify the affected units but doesn't seems to ring any bell.

I used to stay in the lower part of Jalan 1/4

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
The mech drove it home to safe guard the car while waiting for part to arrive but ending up burning the car... lol...

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Nope... from the rear light n wing its a 2002 911 turbo.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope... from the rear light n wing its a 2002 911 turbo.
Yah! you are right......look more like the 911

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

nevermind....time to upgrade another Porsche....
Wah! fire burnt then buy new model is it?.....:biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone or sifu sifu know which variant of car 285mm disc brake, 4PCD can fit toyota altis. thank you so much
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience