plz help n advise..the best antivirus n anti spyware..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
since everyday using internet...
always attacked by virus...
the virus has been detected by my antivirus (avast)
but.. just detected..removes..deletes...

for everytime to posting 1 post...
3 virus coming..hayya..
then.. need to log off or restart the pC.

Which one good n the best antivirus and antispyware ???
boring oredi aaa.. alway change antivirus...always format the H/d... but the prob still same..

What i need to do?

tq..guys..

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
acbc said:
AV: AVG Free
AS: MS AntiSpyware
avg? stand for what?
ms antispyware? microsoft ke?

tell me detail plz

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
dun use any spyware,speciall microsoft one. it keep limit ur access to the internet. oso damn easy kena virus, although spyware is use to clean up rubbish. install a antivirus one.. i am using Avast + one firewall, no problem...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
gloss said:
dun use any spyware,speciall microsoft one. it keep limit ur access to the internet. oso damn easy kena virus, although spyware is use to clean up rubbish. install a antivirus one.. i am using Avast + one firewall, no problem...
I beg to differ... the MS AntiSpyware worked like a charm... esp the latest BETA version. Previous version wiped out IE.

AVG - get it from http://free.grisoft.com/

Hock

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Don't put any antivirus in your system. It will slow down your performance.

Talking about the antivirus, the capability of antivirus is not seeing from their blocking or deleting the virus. But the capability of antivirus is seeing from their capability to clean the effected file. Why until now, TREND MICRO is still the best antivirus in the world? It is because there have the high capability to clean the effected file.

Using the antivirus will slow down the system due to the realtime scanning or realtime filtering.

User awareness is an issues as well. If you know the executable files can be virus, why not you using the online scan to scan it up first before open?

As a suggestion, you can go to www.antivirus.com or www.trendmicro.com and do the online scan for once a month. The benefit, you doesn't need to install antivirus to slow down the system, secondly, its free and perform well (cleaning the virus, cleaning the spyware and etc). and finally it is always update with the latest virus patent.

p/s: Please don't always too relieve to the removal tools that recommended by norton, it might remove the effected system file and end up you unable to boot the system or corruption.

This is just my 2 cents, i'm not selling any antivirus. Its just my opinions as user of the free online scan from trendmicro for almost 5 years and it is proven that the way is works because my PC never ever been effected by any virus before. Maybe I did reinstallation for every 1 year to make sure my system is working well.

Regards,
Hock

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Hock said:

Talking about the antivirus, the capability of antivirus is not seeing from their blocking or deleting the virus. But the capability of antivirus is seeing from their capability to clean the effected file. Why until now, TREND MICRO is still the best antivirus in the world? It is because there have the high capability to clean the effected file.

Using the antivirus will slow down the system due to the realtime scanning or realtime filtering.

User awareness is an issues as well. If you know the executable files can be virus, why not you using the online scan to scan it up first before open?

As a suggestion, you can go to www.antivirus.com or www.trendmicro.com and do the online scan for once a month. The benefit, you doesn't need to install antivirus to slow down the system, secondly, its free and perform well (cleaning the virus, cleaning the spyware and etc). and finally it is always update with the latest virus patent.

p/s: Please don't always too relieve to the removal tools that recommended by norton, it might remove the effected system file and end up you unable to boot the system or corruption.

This is just my 2 cents, i'm not selling any antivirus. Its just my opinions as user of the free online scan from trendmicro for almost 5 years and it is proven that the way is works because my PC never ever been effected by any virus before. Maybe I did reinstallation for every 1 year to make sure my system is working well.

Regards,
Hock

Hock,

I ran a couple of system "anti-virus free" for years... but recently rise in both worms and trojans infections, best to have it installed.

AVG Free is light on resources... unlike the bloated ones from Symantec or McAfee.

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
use norton antivirus corporate edition..
plus sygate firewall..and ad-aware..

try ewido also..that will keep you clean..imho

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
Hock said:

Regards,
Hock
i tot what u said r true facts...
nowadays... no 1 antivirus very2 perform.
just name.

i'll try what r u suggest..may the result r best for us.
tqttq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there to all gurus, i own a satria 1.3 manual year 1997. The engine of the car is very old and worn out and i thought of modifying it. since it was always underpowered. what engine should i go for?
i heard that mivec is good and there are a few mivecs to choose from.

Which of the mivec mods are legal for a 1.3 car of mine? adn waht are the difference for the mivecs in terms or price and performance.

can i also have a rough estimate on price for each modification for installation +...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience