Pls teach how to read compressor map and turbo calculator

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zamrioo2

Known Member
good day guys...

can anybody teach how to read compressor maps...? corrected air flow... pressure ratio...? and the several thousand no ex: 127070, what is that...? and how to wanna compensate it to an engine such as 4g63t(evo3)....? is the rpm range relate to compressor or cams...? what do i should expect using hks272 or 264...? is it related to rpm range and boost matters...?
ex: GT3071R
http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/graph.php?version=4&info=yes&product_id=37

thanx a lot for ur helps....?

Bump: ahhh... forgot another thing... what turbo AR50/70/80...? is it from garret...? always heard them in my sembang2 with friends but they can't give what i want... maybe u all can help a lot... thanx...

Bump: ahhh... forgot another thing... what turbo AR50/70/80...? is it from garret...? always heard them in my sembang2 with friends but they can't give what i want... maybe u all can help a lot... thanx...

Bump: for several years... i've never learn... rugiiii...

Bump: for several years... i've never learn... rugiiii...

bro i can teach u but it aint simple...take time to get the data..the put in on the several formula then repeat it again ..and again and again...after get the data then u can plot the graph at ur comp map....

127070 is speed...usually for simple calculation we can ignore it..Turbo Builder use it..
after plot the graph the u know the range of rpm for ur engine..
cam always increase ur volumetric efficiency and from my experience (by calculation/ theory) it will make ur graph further left (at same pressure ratio)..resulting...maximize the capability of turbocharger ..and also avoiding surge line and off cause increase spool up time...

a/r- is a ratio normally refer to compressor housing or turbine housing...:listen:

hope i answer ur Q..:nurse:

hehehe the sifu has spoken
in my words , can calculate to get estimate la
to get exact quite hard , hehe visit tongs project car n see, u will understand
he got about 10 boost meter at diffrent location and temp sensors, so can calcuate all the pressure etc n all , all doing research n learning mar :D

hehehe the sifu has spoken
in my words , can calculate to get estimate la
to get exact quite hard , hehe visit tongs project car n see, u will understand
he got about 10 boost meter at diffrent location and temp sensors, so can calcuate all the pressure etc n all , all doing research n learning mar :D

yeah rite...engineering is all about estimation and assumption..if we know the rite or correct data..then we can calculate la..to know the acceptable result..
that y Garrett produce the speeds sensor which is help user to allocate maximum speed of shaft ...

p/s jinkl: :hmmmm: i'm not sifu la bro.. u la sifu

bro i can teach u but it aint simple...take time to get the data..the put in on the several formula then repeat it again ..and again and again...after get the data then u can plot the graph at ur comp map....

127070 is speed...usually for simple calculation we can ignore it..Turbo Builder use it..
after plot the graph the u know the range of rpm for ur engine..
cam always increase ur volumetric efficiency and from my experience (by calculation/ theory) it will make ur graph further left (at same pressure ratio)..resulting...maximize the capability of turbocharger ..and also avoiding surge line and off cause increase spool up time...

a/r- is a ratio normally refer to compressor housing or turbine housing...:listen:

hope i answer ur Q..:nurse:

by mean to do assumption, i must plot myself graph at comp map...? hmmm... i'm such :stupid:

if i use GT3071R in 2liter engine, expected power at 450hp, af 11.8, engine redline 8k, peak power 6k, max boost 4k, min boost 1.5k and i must boosting at 2.13bar, i just get 450hp...!!?? is it make a sence...? if 2.13bar in stok block, sure crack the sleeve/piston rite... it was not the temp, but it's coming from pressure...

max i/c lost... how to get this...?

learning is process a lot of question...

By zamrioo2

[img=http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9176/newpicturedc0.png]
By zamrioo2

Last edited:
by mean to do assumption, i must plot myself graph at comp map...? hmmm... i'm such :stupid:

if i use GT3071R in 2liter engine, expected power at 450hp, af 11.8, engine redline 8k, peak power 6k, max boost 4k, min boost 1.5k and i must boosting at 2.13bar, i just get 450hp...!!?? is it make a sence...? if 2.13bar in stok block, sure crack the sleeve/piston rite... it was not the temp, but it's coming from pressure...

max i/c lost... how to get this...?

learning is process a lot of question...

By zamrioo2

[img=http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9176/newpicturedc0.png]
By zamrioo2

bro intercooler lost usually i used 2psi- pressure losses through piping..
bro there is several way to calculate compressor map..which one u r using?

u cant use 1.5k min boost..cost at 1.5k it usually still vacuum..normally boost start at 2~3k rpm

select Expected HP 1st THEN SELECT COMPRESSOR...:listen:

if 2.13bar in stok block, sure crack the sleeve/piston rite... it was not the temp, but it's coming from pressure... ------WAT ur point?

i guess he have to do some readup in garret website to get the rough picture... they have step by step to teach the basic....

at the box, it's stated like this... GT35BB, 7145680002... and tag at turbo KA7036... 0.82inch at exhaust side (i'll snap some pic if i could catch some time)... i assume it as this... GT3582R... as bebolasgalas T said AR is refer to ratio compressor housing, AR70... 82mm, 56trim, 0.70 A/R... is it..?
http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc...8.7&airflow6=41.3&airflow7=42.1&product_id=42

ok... like this... if i put HP 650hp then the boost is 63psi=4.34bar... 500hp ---> 45.5psi=3.14bar... 400hp --->33.9psi=2.34bar... somehow 2.34bar boost i believe will be limit
http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc...3=135&intake_temp_4=140&turbo_n=1&map_sel0=42
in stock 2liter block (stock conrod, piston and sleeve)... that was i meant at the 2nd post... i don't know, i'm not in turbo group anyway... for some reason, they were facing bad experience boosting 2.0bar with proper afr... surely conrod bengkok...

all intercooler lost same...? include blitz (i don't have any idea what typer but bigger)

thanx renxun...

Last edited:
13_12a.jpg

13_12b.jpg

at the box, it's stated like this... GT35BB, 7145680002... and tag at turbo KA7036... 0.82inch at exhaust side (i'll snap some pic if i could catch some time)... i assume it as this... GT3582R... as bebolasgalas T said AR is refer to ratio compressor housing, AR70... 82mm, 56trim, 0.70 A/R... is it..?
http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc...8.7&airflow6=41.3&airflow7=42.1&product_id=42

ok... like this... if i put HP 650hp then the boost is 63psi=4.34bar... 500hp ---> 45.5psi=3.14bar... 400hp --->33.9psi=2.34bar... somehow 2.34bar boost i believe will be limit
http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc...3=135&intake_temp_4=140&turbo_n=1&map_sel0=42
in stock 2liter block (stock conrod, piston and sleeve)... that was i meant at the 2nd post... i don't know, i'm not in turbo group anyway... for some reason, they were facing bad experience boosting 2.0bar with proper afr... surely conrod bengkok...

all intercooler lost same...? include blitz (i don't have any idea what typer but bigger)

thanx renxun...

bro 1st thing.. u said u want learn how to calculate not how to use software..i already used the software and now i understand u dont know wat r u doing :D

OK...IF U PUT 650hp from engine 2L of cause u will get that kind off boost..in other word 'un reasonable'..this is because ur afr is still standard engine (pump gas not alcohol)...ur bsfc still unchange..how come u want to built 650hp wit stock motor..of cause u need very high boost to make power..the software calculate wat ever u put it in..so if u put unreasonable data..result should be unreasonable tooo! u already know wat..:love:

like i said be4 the is several way to using comp map..software that u r using is try select turbo based on hp u want wit motor u used...understand the software bro...learn how to calculate manual 1st then u can understand the software...

happy boosting..ENJOY

Bump:

COMPRESSOR IS TOO BIG FOR UR ENGINE SETUP..SELECT SMALLER TURBINE..POINT FALL IN SURGE AREA

bro 1st thing.. u said u want learn how to calculate not how to use software..i already used the software and now i understand u dont know wat r u doing :D
what u meant by that sir... what software do u use...?

OK...IF U PUT 650hp from engine 2L of cause u will get that kind off boost..in other word 'un reasonable'..this is because ur afr is still standard engine (pump gas not alcohol)...ur bsfc still unchange..how come u want to built 650hp wit stock motor..of cause u need very high boost to make power..the software calculate wat ever u put it in..so if u put unreasonable data..result should be unreasonable tooo! u already know wat..:love:

like i said be4 the is several way to using comp map..software that u r using is try select turbo based on hp u want wit motor u used...understand the software bro...learn how to calculate manual 1st then u can understand the software...
oooo.....

COMPRESSOR IS TOO BIG FOR UR ENGINE SETUP..SELECT SMALLER TURBINE..POINT FALL IN SURGE AREA
how do u know... by your experience or based on graph...?

what u meant by that sir... what software do u use...?
IF U R NOT CALCULATE USING FORMULA GIVEN MANUALLY THEN U R USING SOFTWARE
oooo.....

how do u know... by your experience or based on graph...?
YES BRO..NOT MY EXPERIENCE BUT MY KNOWLEDGE :hmmmm:

yalo.... frankly speaking i also duno about the software.... and by knowing how to do the manual you will get a rough picture on what you can choose .... bebola is right... there are alot of way to gain without winding the boost too high..example, fuel type and also engine ve....

yalo.... frankly speaking i also duno about the software.... and by knowing how to do the manual you will get a rough picture on what you can choose .... bebola is right... there are alot of way to gain without winding the boost too high..example, fuel type and also engine ve....

thank u bro..:idea:
isnt easy way to learn...no short cut...step by step learning process..then we will master it:nurse:

:slug:HARD ALSO to write 'karangan' long2 here..:biggrin: ..if there is any problem wit comp map..can come to my workshop can share wit me..feel free to help ...

ok bebolagalas, renxun... thanx ya...

the other things since i still in this thread n u could answering...

1. what mitsubishi turbo forum i can join, somthing like honda-tech...?
2. i need to know duration of turbo cams @1mm, tomei, bc, hks, jun n bla3... know where i can get em...
3. curious about hi-cams for turbo... do they require boost level, such as low boost for below 264 duration... or hi boost for above 264 dur...? coz if i refered to vtec hi-cams requirement, they need certain compression ratio for varies stage of cams in order to max the cams capability... for examples... minimum 11.5 for stage1... min 12.5 for stage 2... min 13.5 for stage 3... is this apply to turbo cams also...

ok bebolagalas, renxun... thanx ya...

the other things since i still in this thread n u could answering...

1. what mitsubishi turbo forum i can join, somthing like honda-tech...?
2. i need to know duration of turbo cams @1mm, tomei, bc, hks, jun n bla3... know where i can get em...
3. curious about hi-cams for turbo... do they require boost level, such as low boost for below 264 duration... or hi boost for above 264 dur...? coz if i refered to vtec hi-cams requirement, they need certain compression ratio for varies stage of cams in order to max the cams capability... for examples... minimum 11.5 for stage1... min 12.5 for stage 2... min 13.5 for stage 3... is this apply to turbo cams also...

1.ASK JINKL...he know better:listen:
2.wat u need to know about cam duration? can ask JINKL also..he already posted about cam last time
3.bro dont understand ur q..:confused: can ask jin also he more xpert on it..:banghead:

Top Bottom