Plastic Injection Molding Model anyone? :)

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Hi,

Seems like the section's starting up well :) It's nice of TOM to consider opening this section :D

So, anyone else's a plastic model builder here? 1/24 scale. Well, I'm the first to sign up!
:D please do post up your production here, work in progress, completed, anything! :D

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
I'm not an expert in taking photograph so please do forgive the quality. I'm lazy to take them outdoor, so here's it

This is one of my favourite :D

This one too :D

Few of my collection :)

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
No one? :)

Guess i'll have to push the thread harder :)

Here's some more Hondas

Incomplete pics of the up to date collection

Last edited:

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
more..

Couldn't take a clear pics on the carbon fibred wing and other parts as well :)

Ak1R4

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Cool collection!

I've got a few but it stashed somewhere in a box as I just moved to my new house.

Those pix makes me wanna run out and get a few boxes and start assembling!

In fact, I'll do that this weekend!

Will update you guys on my project! Hahaha.. It's been ages since I put a kit together.. dunno whether still go the patience for it.....

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
bro u missing Honda Prelude BB1-BB4 JUN in ur collection.. haha :P

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
I wanted the Spoon ek9 too but i'm dried up spending on paintsssss, and other kits. Back then I could only afford to ship 3 kits most at once from japan.

Here, some rims stacking up :)

Here's my partially completed Super GT ARTA NSX kit awaiting for the carbon fibre decal from japan but the stock ran out for too long. guess i'll have to complete it without the decals then.

Currently there are 3 super GT NSXs in the progress waiting for extra coming in coz i sort of mixed them up. I bought two Super GT 2005 ARTA NSXs, two Super GT 2005 RAYBRIG NSXs and one Super GT 2005 EPSON NSX

Here's the photo etched parts purchased separately. Shown in pics is the takata harness with the photoetched buckles.

And lastly some pics along with partially used and unused can sprays :D

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Well done bro Ak1R4!! Crank up your mood and make that model!

Guys, bring out all your unfinished kits, flame up the model kit building spirit in your heart!! :D

I'm gonna complete all these unfinished model kit and have a rest. Time to work on my real car and put a pause to making model car. But i'll still be here to support! :D

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
great pics. thanks for sharing. May i knw what is the hardest thing to do when doing up a kit model??

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
hardest?... i'd say, clear coating, make it shine like real car. Currently i only have one or two car which have a pretty good shine. no where near perfect yet. Put it this way, the body painting part is the toughest task. primering, masking..etc.. Normally i let the body to dry / gas off for at least 2 weeks to one month before masking for further painting of a few tone scheme like what most GT cars need.

Detailing can be tough too, like painting (black washing) brake rotors and engine to look like it's in used condition.

Last edited:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
whahaha.. i jelous d .. nice nice!!! .. very nice.. can i know what's the scale for it?
try find at Tamiya or etc2?

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
It's 1/24 scale kit. Which kit are you looking for?

Tamiya's got high precision model kit with perfect fit but limited for latest passenger car kit. It has got more GT cars (touring cars), ferraris, merc, rally cars lately and u can see that their japanese car kit production is limited. They Only produce the old model (which is very limited nowadays) few years back like the supras, skyline, rx7, evos and subarus. So far the common hondas are the accord, nsx, and slightly later model , fit and s2000 v spec with hardtop and MF10 rims. No civic, integra and prelude!
You can go and have a look here. The japanese page is more updated.
http://www.tamiya.com./japan/products/list/24car/kit24001.htm

If you are looking for your prelude then the only few companies tat offer the kit is Fujimi, Hasegawa and Aoshima. But one thing i dun like bout the old model kit by fujimi is that they have no chromed parts for headlight and tailight reflector! Fujimi used to produce ugly out of dimension kits with very little detailed interior and underpanel (very little number of parts) . Like the Integras up there, i went through all the fuss and hair pulling moments getting the headlight (blackhousing) done for one whole evening! Note that the integras taken in the 'group photo' have a 4WD offroad looking stance whereas the top pics integras had been lowered to the right height otherwise it will look terrible! And they dont provide precut windshield masking tape. Terrible tyres with unwanted ribs and rims tat is totally out of scaled size.
But the latest kit offered by Fujimi had been impressively improved, namely the latest subaru impreza. Having precut masking tape, chromed parts, spring type working suspension, anodized gold rim and much more precised body molding. Some even with engine details like the new Mazda MX5. But the old model kits (there are mountians of production line up) like EK9, DC2, DC5, NA2, AE86 to name a few, are terribly produced.

If u think it's all a fuss to build one then just get some off HOTWORKS and really high quality AUTOARTS and EBBRO

Last edited:

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
ARTA,

Dude..that's brilliant workmanship man:regular_smile: !can't imagine the amount of time u would've spent on those:confused_smile:

Here were some of my attempts or shall i say 'frail' attempts..haha
Those were the days...

Opel Vectra GT (Tamiya) done circa 2003

Xanavi Nismo R34 (Tamiya) circa 2004

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Oh! Opel Vectra GT ! I like them! ^^ especially the gullwing door! Nicely done Bro JayDM! GOod to have members like you! Glad to have you here bro :) Those are not bad at all :D Do you have any more pics? Would be real nice.

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Thx bro..in fact i do have more pics of my 'attempts' but problem is, its somewhere deep inside my ancient server..have to dig it out haha. These pics were easy to find becoz its from my cardomainpage. However, the page itself is on 'hidden' mode. Public cannot access it.

I'll post the others when i have the time

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
I have stopped pursuing the model kitting hobby becoz i've currently turned/tuned into a very impatient dude. I need results fast. Therefore, i dun think these modelkits are for everyone.

Only for those who are really patient, delicate,intricate and dedicated will have good desirable results. As proven by Arta.

More often than not, it has a high possiblity of turning out fugly.hahaha

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Arta,

You were right about those Fujimis. They really dissapointed me. I had to modify certain parts to make it look the way i want it to look, especially the DC5. The wheels could well be 14" on a 1:1 scale!!

Looking at your stuff just puts me in the mood to actually try out another kit. I've seen the Aoshima kits before. Are they any good? I know nothing comes close to tamiya but then again, tamiya doesnt cater to the 'tuner'-world alone.

On top of that i'll be getting a few of the readymade hotworks stuff to add to my humble collection..

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Oh, no... u were once a patient guy and that's being shown by tat 3 pics alone! :D It must be your work that causes u to become impatient. I must admit i got very impatient too. After i complete the leftover kit, i'm gonna properly deal with my real car again. Will put a pause to my modelling then :)

ARTA

Known Member
Dec 11, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
JayDM said:
Arta,

You were right about those Fujimis. They really dissapointed me. I had to modify certain parts to make it look the way i want it to look, especially the DC5. The wheels could well be 14" on a 1:1 scale!!

Looking at your stuff just puts me in the mood to actually try out another kit. I've seen the Aoshima kits before. Are they any good? I know nothing comes close to tamiya but then again, tamiya doesnt cater to the 'tuner'-world alone.

On top of that i'll be getting a few of the readymade hotworks stuff to add to my humble collection..
Oh yes, very well agreed with you that the rim size is totally off. try to compare a 16 inch fujimi SW388 with the 14 inch tamiya honda fit oem rim,the 16" is even smaller!
My DC5 having a 17" TCII but when compared, it's exactly same with the 14" i mentioned.

I got an Apexi N1 fitted onto my championship white ITR along with a set of SW388 i bought separately.

Aoshima is better if we were to compare the product at the same time few years back considering that aoshima have working suspension and chromed reflector but then again, no where close to tamiya's. Fujimi had been catching up progressively lately.

Try out the diagonal carbon fibre decal! its one of the hottest item in modeling right now! :D love em!!

YEs, tamiya only go for a 'whole package' option like the Nismo Z tuned GTR. The only way to make nice high precision racing car kit is to get them off tamiya's line up and customize them, tats why i got 5 Super GT NSXs to make my own hybrid :) Note that tamiya had come up with lots of kits more into exterior details like GT car's colour scheme produced using the ' Cartography' method, very nice result indeed! Not forgetting the 'more realistic' weight effect added by the prepainted diecast underpanel. so basically we r getting more exterior detail in the expense of some covered up detail and interior details as well.

Oh yea, i forgot to mention tamiya's nicely done photoetched parts bought separately for the realistic brake rotors, seatelt harness, catch pins, and mesh for intakes and rotor cooling duct. The GTR i posted is using the included photoetched parts and carbon fibre decal that comes with the special edition kits. I'm using the set bought separetly for other NSXs as well. I'll take the pics for the ARTA NSX after i've completed it because i havent got a clear shot on the photoetched parts especially my favourite catch pins ^^ Love the brake rotors! :D

Oh yea, btw, if u want a really detailed stock or maybe GT model, u can owez get athe AUTOARTS 1/18 diecast. They are superb. Realistic material for storage compartment, carpeting, dashboards, seats etc... but they r not cheap

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2010 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Rce is only three hours away from the checkered flag and boy has it been spectacular. We had infernos that have injured drivers and pit crews, we have shocking retirements with the likes of the Mofaz Racing Team that fielded an Aston Martin and was piloted by Lotus F1 test driver Fairuz Fauzy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience