Perdana V6 Community Forum *

salam and good afternoon..... i new bie on proton perdana... need to ask some question.... i just beli proton perdana v6 2004, baru je dapat... but there some problem is it normal or not.
1) When start engine at morning, there some noise come out (creck..... creck....) but after a while when engine cukup panas, no more sound...
2) during driving, when gear on D at traffic jam, ada rasa mcm jerking tapi slow je. kenape ye? is it normal? because 1st time using auto gear.

hope all expertise can give idea what the problem.... sorry for using bahasa campur.... english education x cukup pandai.... ;)

1) When start engine at morning, there some noise come out (creck..... creck....) but after a while when engine cukup panas, no more sound...
**i think thats the engine tappet sound....more to tek tek tek tek rite?
2) during driving, when gear on D at traffic jam, ada rasa mcm jerking tapi slow je. kenape ye? is it normal? because 1st time using auto gear.
**suggest to use toyota ATF type 4 instead of proton sp3. is your model equipped with ATF cooler? located infront of your radiator, go check it out.

salam and good afternoon..... i new bie on proton perdana... need to ask some question.... i just beli proton perdana v6 2004, baru je dapat... but there some problem is it normal or not.

hope all expertise can give idea what the problem.... sorry for using bahasa campur.... english education x cukup pandai.... ;)
salam to u too..

1. yes, i think thats the tappet sound. it usual for v6 engine..
2. if it jerks, then there would be a problem. but u can try flushing the gb and replace the gb filter.

u have time tonite? Vsixers are having a TT session tonite at taman tun 10pm.
jom le jumpe, boleh aku tgk2 kan keta tu..

**i think thats the engine tappet sound....more to tek tek tek tek rite?
**suggest to use toyota ATF type 4 instead of proton sp3. is your model equipped with ATF cooler? located infront of your radiator, go check it out.

yup something tek tek..... but only when start at morning.... so what to do?
yup already equip with ATF... but oni small one.... toyota ATF is a oil or need to replace new ATF Cooler....

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

salam to u too..

1. yes, i think thats the tappet sound. it usual for v6 engine..
2. if it jerks, then there would be a problem. but u can try flushing the gb and replace the gb filter.

u have time tonite? Vsixers are having a TT session tonite at taman tun 10pm.
jom le jumpe, boleh aku tgk2 kan keta tu..

yup i got time..... taman tun where? PM me ur contact no.... hehehehe

the teppet sound is normal in pv6, even mine got sound, solution? use thicker viscosity oil, but have to be semi syn, dun use fully syn ones as its too thin. i suggest q8 or idemitsu semi syn oils.

toyota atf type 4 is auto gearbox oil, i guess currently your running on proton sp3, that cannot withstand heat generated from the gearbox.

the teppet sound is normal in pv6, even mine got sound, solution? use thicker viscosity oil, but have to be semi syn, dun use fully syn ones as its too thin. i suggest q8 or idemitsu semi syn oils.

toyota atf type 4 is auto gearbox oil, i guess currently your running on proton sp3, that cannot withstand heat generated from the gearbox.

owh i see... may i know the cost for changing the oil? how many liters we use on our gear box?
futhermore how we can check the timing belt was change or not? because my seller said already change. but i dun think so... and one more thing my odometer not running... is it posible to change odometer oni or need to swap whole meter?

workmanship for engine oil change ranging from rm10-15, if rm20 considered expensive, my mech charges me rm10.
well, for me, id rather change the timing belt myself. i dun trust any sellers.....they can sweet talk to u....janji the car is sold.

have u informed the owner that the odometer is not working? if not better inform him & get it fixed, costs half2 with the seller.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

for autobox, without ATF cooler 4L, with ATF cooler 5L.
do keep in mind, when changing timing belt, advisable to change water pump together, at least can save on workmanship.

workmanship for changing both will be around rm200++. where are u staying?

workmanship for engine oil change ranging from rm10-15, if rm20 considered expensive, my mech charges me rm10.
well, for me, id rather change the timing belt myself. i dun trust any sellers.....they can sweet talk to u....janji the car is sold.

have u informed the owner that the odometer is not working? if not better inform him & get it fixed, costs half2 with the seller.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

for autobox, without ATF cooler 4L, with ATF cooler 5L.
do keep in mind, when changing timing belt, advisable to change water pump together, at least can save on workmanship.

workmanship for changing both will be around rm200++. where are u staying?

already info to seller.... but he dun wan to change it.... that moment i mcm x percaya he already change the timing belt.... so better i change it my self for safety wise.... workmanship RM200++ if plus all the item(gear box oil, timing belt set) how much?
for your info i am stay at templer park rawang.... working at kepong.

thats normal bro...once the car sold the owner will not bother u....thats the worst part...
yeah for safety wise better u do the change.....im not sure bout workmanship for all, i could suggest u a workshop
Intro AG Motorsport -

otherwise pls do register with PRIME PERDANA AUTOMOTIVE COMMUNITY - PROTON PERDANA OWNERS NETWORKING SITE if u have any enquiries.

the parts u buy it yourself, can save lotsa $$$ compared u get the workshop to buy it for u.
practise that always.

thats normal bro...once the car sold the owner will not bother u....thats the worst part...
yeah for safety wise better u do the change.....im not sure bout workmanship for all, i could suggest u a workshop
Intro AG Motorsport -

otherwise pls do register with PRIME PERDANA AUTOMOTIVE COMMUNITY - PROTON PERDANA OWNERS NETWORKING SITE if u have any enquiries.

the parts u buy it yourself, can save lotsa $$$ compared u get the workshop to buy it for u.
practise that always.

Ok noted will pay a visit to that site. So what i need to do is to buy timing belt full set. Water pump and new oil 5l.
For oil use toyota ATF type 4
Water pump and timing belt what brand i need to buy. Any suggestion?

yes timing belt full set includes timing belt+5oil seal+2bearings dayco or gates, rm250-290
water pump GMB brand bout rm120
toyota type 4 ATF rm90 4L

As-salam and G'day all,
Danz, need our opinion on 1 thing. now da gearbox is fixed, and still holding, i face with one problem and it's annoying. while driving and while upshifting or downshifting, my rpm drops to 0 engine check light on dash on with abs light. so if i kindda late in gearing, engine mati. release the clutch(while moving) engine on balik. is it something to do with tr unit or different matter altogether? btw, how do u reset ecu? i forgot how. something like disconnect battery, reconnect and ignition on for 20 mins?

As-salam and G'day all,
Danz, need our opinion on 1 thing. now da gearbox is fixed, and still holding, i face with one problem and it's annoying. while driving and while upshifting or downshifting, my rpm drops to 0 engine check light on dash on with abs light. so if i kindda late in gearing, engine mati. release the clutch(while moving) engine on balik. is it something to do with tr unit or different matter altogether? btw, how do u reset ecu? i forgot how. something like disconnect battery, reconnect and ignition on for 20 mins?
what engine u are using?

salam bro, 1st u might need to check your throttle body, maybe might need to be serviced & cleaning, u could diy too, use those carb cleaner, not WD40 remember.

2nd, could be your air flow sensor......or as u said the power TR unit.....anyways, try swap with your frens 1 1st, if its the problem then only source for it.

disconnect the batt, touch the terminal 3 times. leave it disc for 5 mins then connect it back.

neuro -> tt bro. i opted for welded back together. still holding strong and let it be for all times hehehe cross my fingers
danz -> will get the tb clean by today. then try old v6 tr unit. common part rite?

i also have similar experience like this before.
rpm not stable, and few times goes to 0.
clean the TB, and all is ok..

Salam, nueroOne and danz.... problem for me will fix by the seller... this friday will send the car to repair.... but last weekend i drove back to raub.. so on d way to genting sempah tgh layan corner baik punya, when i turning right at 110km/h the stering feel loose, the car go straight when jalan tgh corner (almost accidents with other car)... what happen ye? if i drove slow below than 70km/h and taking corner no problem? what the problem? is it power stering or lower arm. Then on sunday drove back to call, i drive slowly around 70km/h, the car making sound creck.... creckk.... no tepet sound.. the sound heard on infront of driver side....

Salam, nueroOne and danz.... problem for me will fix by the seller... this friday will send the car to repair.... but last weekend i drove back to raub.. so on d way to genting sempah tgh layan corner baik punya, when i turning right at 110km/h the stering feel loose, the car go straight when jalan tgh corner (almost accidents with other car)... what happen ye? if i drove slow below than 70km/h and taking corner no problem? what the problem? is it power stering or lower arm. Then on sunday drove back to call, i drive slowly around 70km/h, the car making sound creck.... creckk.... no tepet sound.. the sound heard on infront of driver side....

fuhh.. car go straight? steering seems loose? looks like steering rack, or maybe just the steering tie rod end. have to look and see.
creck creck might be driveshaft boot koyak and pasir masuk and made the driveshaft head kotor and making that sound..
that also have to look and see first..

fuhh.. car go straight? steering seems loose? looks like steering rack, or maybe just the steering tie rod end. have to look and see.
creck creck might be driveshaft boot koyak and pasir masuk and made the driveshaft head kotor and making that sound..
that also have to look and see first..

ok noted.. today after back from work will go look the problem... thanks man... soon will update to you...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom