oil or gas type absorber~!?

sky_lor

Known Member
i am going to change my car absober, for confortable and lasting, which type should i go?oil or gas types?thanks:)

depend u daily use,if u seldom bring ppl or heavy load,then use oil type,soft n comfort,otherwise,if u always bring ppl at the back n loading heavy stuff then get gas type coz more hard,one thing remember tat its coil sprg support ur car weight,absober just reduce the oscillation

accordracing is rite, gas type shocks are a bit on the harder side. they will make the car slightly bounce over irregularities but nevertheless improve car handling.

hydraulic shocks are better in terms of comfort. but in case u want to change only the absorber, without changing the springs..u may still feel comfortable.

standard waja for example, use hard springs for good control but paired with hydraulic shocks to maintain ride comfort.

p/s maybe its cost factor also..kui kui kui...

thanks everyone...after read u all opinion and advice by the mech...i change to oil type, kayab front and APM rear bcoz kayaba rear no stock. well...it's really confort compare to my old absorber which like riding the horse...now i feel the ride are so confort...and i seldom fetching ppl...so i think oild type just doing good for me...thanks everyone yea...:)

congrates... not many people can get their suspension setup nicely according to what they want... its alwiz a trial n error scene...

true...it's not easy to get the suitable absober and spring set up. luckily what i get still can satisfy me. but i think if wanna change absorber...better ask around...from fren that using it and also from some trustable mech. but if really want confort and the good handling at the same time...need some try and times to get a good combination. :)

SkYwAlKeR said:
congrates... not many people can get their suspension setup nicely according to what they want... its alwiz a trial n error scene...

true....i tried once a tokiyo (forgot the spelling) n it basically sucks in terms of cornering or comfort, 4 days of usage, i immediately switch to monroe...MONROE rules! cornering, comfort....nice, but if u r still opting for the comfort, DO NOT change the springs, or u risk a bumpy ride.... cherrios!

its tokico i think.

i will avoid that one since u had tell us the prob u faced...

sensatrac is produced by monroe isnt it? i was thinking of getting a set but later... this january both my children will start school in year one and pre school.

dunno when can spare money for new absorbers... ha ha ha..

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom