Officially Official: All New Subaru Impreza WRX STI

JtuneD

5,000 RPM
Source: Officially Official: Subaru Impreza WRX STI - Autoblog

The wait is finally over. Subaru has released official photos and initial info on the new JDM-spec Impreza WRX STI.

Details remain scant, however, as Subaru only tells us that the new STI is powered by a 16v 2.0L boxer with a twin-scroll turbo mated to a 6-speed manual. SI-DRIVE, multi-mode Drivers Control Center
Differential (DCCD) and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) are also standard.

All of these things have been widely speculated on and/or reported already. Specific power numbers are conspicuously absent, so we'll have to wait for the rest of it when the car bows in Tokyo in a couple of weeks.

Based on what's already been leaked, look for 304 horses and 311 lb-ft of torque in the Japanese-market model. What's no longer a mystery is the car's appearance, which is muscular and aggressive -- a huge improvement over the base WRX.

Head to the gallery below to see the car unmasked at last.

wrx_sti_r.jpg

wrx_sti_int.jpg

sti__05.jpg

wrx_sti_f.jpg

sti__03.jpg

sti__02.jpg

sti__01.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering how is the price when it come to Malaysia??

I think its not bad, well its is ugly but I'm sure it handles well. Wait till someone makes some sort of body kit for it... the biggest flaw of the car appearance wise it the middle front grill design.. :S

come to think of it, the car somehow reminds me of a Saab from the front.. or the renault megane.. duno why...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom