Newey's latest creation could shatter Suzuka's F1 lap record by 20 seconds!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Adrian Newey's latest creation is capable of beating the formula one lap record at Suzuka by a staggering margin of 20 seconds.

Red Bull Technology's top-secret X1 Prototype, tested around the Japanese circuit in virtual reality by Sebastian Vettel, was created for the new PlayStation game Gran Turismo 5.

Newey's challenge was to create a virtual car for the game's November release not bound by any set of regulations.

"We all have a dream about pushing the boundaries, where the performance of the car and the experience of the driver take precedence over the rules," said Newey.

The Briton's next creation will be the RB7, the successor of this year's impressive 2010 F1 challenger.

"We have a few improvements in the pipeline (for the RB6) but I am personally focused about 70 per cent on the new car for 2011," he is quoted by Auto Bild.

"There are some very innovative ideas," announced Newey.

With the exception of his PlayStation creation, he insists his ideas are rule-confirmative, but some of his F1 rivals will suggest he flies too close into the grey areas.

"It's part of the game," said Newey, "and it's been like that for the whole of my career.

"I see it as a compliment, because it is the best proof that my car is fast."

<object id="RBPlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" width="616" height="347"><embed id="RBPlayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.redbull.com/cs/RedBull/flash/socialmedia/RBPlayer.swf?data_url=http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite?c%3DRB_Video%26cid%3D1242862799149%26locale%3D1237398958898%26p%3D1242807156063%26pagename%3DRedBull%2FRB_Video%2FVideoPlayerDataXML&quality=low&on_redbull=yup&primary_up_color=0xDD013F&primary_over_color=0x0C2044&primary_down_color=0x0C2044&secondary_up_color=0xDD013F&secondary_over_color=0x0C2044&secondary_down_color=0x0C2044&num_analytics_intervals=5" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowfullscreen="true" width="616" height="347"></object>

Source: GMM

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Adrian Newey is a genius in my opinion, ever since his days at McLaren before he moved to Red Bull. Some drivers / team principal even describe him as a rare talent in designing F1 cars, that is why he is highly wanted in many teams. :adore: