New Racing Fuel coming to town..

it's the fuel that SHELL sell it globalwide, you can do it in Malaysia no problem, in State or Europe, consumer can sue you for misleading advertisement, hence I believe SHELL not taking those kind of risk.

but then , different countries have different blends - ie in aus - 100ron + 5%ethanol

so ours is 99% 97ron + 1% ??? . lol

what if we use octane booster ? will it give the same effect as this racing fuel ?

infernaL said:
but then , different countries have different blends - ie in aus - 100ron + 5%ethanol

so ours is 99% 97ron + 1% ??? . lol
erm... ethanol can raise fuel octane... but malaysia is a muslim country so in order to make the fuel halal so they take out the alchohol and leave us with 97octane? lol i bet they reduce the toluene content in the fuel to reduce the octane lar.. shell premium i think got around 20% toluene according to some site.

well... a statement here... please dun mix halal topic with fuel. this terms halal applied to edible food or drinks only. under certain circumstances even drugs is allowed in medicine.but not for pleasure or entertainment. there no problem if ethanol/alcohol in fuel or not..

please dun mix things up...

personally.. im turned down by the rom97 fuel.. why not 100..sigh....

The V-Power u can pump from your regular petrol station is not racing fuel.

so can we sue them?... coz theres nothing much different and we arent getting the same like other countries!!!

k_takuya : thanks for the clarification then , why not 100 ? , as per the motortrader article , gov regulations .

theyl think malaysian dun have knowledge bout cars...which make them advertise
as racing fuel, more KM ??? etc etc....

llsaw said:
The V-Power u can pump from your regular petrol station is not racing fuel.
IT's the other way round, it's more or less the same, FIA have very tide rules for fuel. That's why Shell push new formula for road car so that Ferrari can use it in F1.

source: http://www.formula1.com/insight/rulesandregs/14/486.html

Formula One cars run on petrol, the specification of which is not that far removed from that used in regular road cars. Indeed, the FIA regulations state that the rules are “intended to ensure the use of fuels which are predominantly composed of compounds normally found in commercial fuels and to prohibit the use of specific power-boosting chemical compounds.”

All fuel must comply with strict requirements and prior to each race the teams must supply the FIA with two separate five-litre samples for analysis and approval. Additional samples can then be taken during the event to ensure that there is no discrepancy between the fuel being used and that previously supplied in the samples.

in 1997, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mika_HäkkinenHakkinen was stripped of his third place finish at Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium after the FIA determined that his fuel was not the correct formula.

then go ask around the drag forums , where to get or import in high octane stuff like vp racing c16 etc .

edit - bsamurai - i thought it is the 99% commercial fuel + 1% additive rule .

infernal, yah, i read the 1% additive rules some where else, but I can't locate that statement in FIA technical regulation rules published in the website.

Shall I call up Dato' Michelle Yeoh and ask Dato' to channel the question to Jean Todt? :biggrin:

the new v-power racing feel alot better then the old v-power....early morning....power is better .........price is the same as old v-power....i think....

bsamurai : maybe its the general rule of thumb they use . haha i wouldnt wanna know how you got bonds girls number .

sabelt : any reasoning behind that ?

confirm Shell V-Power Racing in Malaysia only 97RON even it is stated MINIMUM of 97 octane.
this is the reply from shell when i email them :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shell's premium fuels are customised to local conditions, to let consumers experience the thrill and power. Most engines are designed for a specific RON, which gives best performance. Use of RON higher then the design specification would in most cases not further improve performance. Nevertheless, other properties in the fuel can help to improve responsiveness, acceleration and power. These are:
  1. Friction reduction, as done by Shell Friction Modification Technology (FMT) in Shell V-Power Racing.
  2. Cleanliness, fuel components that keep the engine clean or even remove existing deposits.
  3. Base fuel composition. Careful selection of base fuel components can increase combustion efficiency resulting in better overall performance.
The premium fuels Shell markets in different counrties are explained below.

Malaysia
Shell markets Shell V-Power Racing, with a minimum guaranteed RON 97, which is the highest regulated RON in this country. Apart from RON, base fuel composition is different from Singapore, to reflect local driving habits -pure city driving vs.. highway / over land driving.

Singapore
Shell markets Shell V-Power with FMT, with a RON 98 in this market. Shell V-Power Racing has not yet been introduced in this market.

Australia
Shell markets both Shell V-Power and Shell V-Power Racing in this market.
  • Shell V-Power Racing has RON100, which is boosted by the addition of Ethanol. RON100 is the highest regulated RON. This is similar to Malaysia, where Shell V-Power Racing has the highest regulated RON (97).
  • Shell V-Power in Australia has a RON of 98.
Our base fuel composition follows the market condition and ensures the uniqueness of the respective premium fuel. We strive to develop the optimum fuel for the respective local requirements. Our technical partnership with the Ferrari Formula 1 Team has provided us with the experience and ability to adjust our fuel composition according to different conditions.

In a way we have tailor-made Shell V-Power Racing. It is not one-size-fits-all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He said, "not the mat rempits", of course. hahaha
Yeah, mat rempits are cheap pigs. One full tank of v-power regular will cost them their one month's lunch money. haha

Top Bottom