Need Suggestion on what Performance Car to get

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
If...non performance...what are your suggestion?
Is the koup good?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Koup has the same flaws as the Forte, handling. So unless you're going to spend money on getting a full set of Ultraracing bars it'll be a pain to handle if you're used to "Wira" type handling. But otherwise after a 17" swap out with lightweight 17" or 18" rims, it's a pretty cool car!

If I remember correctly, something to do with the paddle shift. Going the wrong way, up shift but gears got on down shift.
Have not met him for a while, so not sure how it went. Should have been sent to SC for check up because quite new car....

If...non performance...what are your suggestion?
Is the koup good?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Koup is like hairdressers car..aka the last Celica..all show no go.

I think FD3S bit old, and the prices is not cheap, plus its all cash. If you are willing to go rotary RX-8 is a fine choice, probably about ~RM10k more than a fine FD3S, but the car is on average 10 years younger.

You want something comfortable and powerful, maybe an Altezza with a turbocharger or a 1JZ swap. Lexus comfort with Supra heart..not bad right.

still, I think you will not go wrong with a STi or EVO. they are like de facto standard.
you could throw caldina and airtrek into the mix..depending on what form factor you want.

Not a lot. Even the stock standard engine with the CVT is kinda crappy. Shifting downshift you'd think you'd have more torque to power out of something... but noooooo.. there's almost nothing there. Zilch. Nada.

If you're gonna get the Lancer, consider the 1.8 Inspira manual. It's got more torque than the 2.0 CVT.

Not a lot. Even the stock standard engine with the CVT is kinda crappy. Shifting downshift you'd think you'd have more torque to power out of something... but noooooo.. there's almost nothing there. Zilch. Nada.

If you're gonna get the Lancer, consider the 1.8 Inspira manual. It's got more torque than the 2.0 CVT.

Yea the stock 1.8 manual has a slightly higher power curve than the 2.0 auto. However I found my low-end torque lacking, till I changed the extractor. Stock extractor was a 4-1

But more and more car manufacturer are going CVT......:banghead:

Civic's paddle shifting any good?

its just a automatic with paddles instead of using the gear lever. its no DSG.. lol. normal torque converter automatic..

So instead of shifting manually from the gear lever (+ and -), we do it on the steering wheel with the fingers (left and right):biggrin:

Bro if you have a little bit more budget to squeeze why not try the new vw polo 1.2TSi? It's about 115k.. i've tested the car, although the one i tested is 1.2T only, but the power is matchable to my 2.0 rvr turbo.. just that lacking torque.. else if your budget permits (for a new car) you can try the polo GTi 1.4TSi.. this one i can't imagine the power to be like.. and the handling.. it's superb.. Else another nice new car that have a lot of potential of modding is Honda CRZ.. price is RM115k OTR..

L2s_Turbo
You tested the crz?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

L2s_Turbo
You tested the crz?

L2s_Turbo
You tested the crz?

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

L2s_Turbo
You tested the crz?

Haven got a chance yet bro, this saturday see they have it for test drive or not, but seen the car personally and touch.. the first look was ugly but seeing it slowly.. i started to like it more and more.. although the rear is quite small (most 2door sports car are like that la) but heck cares? I already have one 4door sedan and 2 4door k-cars, so i think my next choice will be a 2door perhaps.. :rolleyes:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom