need info 13bt

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
hi all. i just bought myself a front clip of fc3s. the engine has been modded lightly and a bigger turbine has been installed, i guess. it also has extra injectors fitted but my problem is, it has no controller whatsoever. my friend said i need to buy EIC specifically from RE aftermarkets makers to make it functions. my question is what type of EIC should i buy? and what brand will go best with my engine? thanks in advanced

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
How did you manage to buy a half-cut without the ECU? Sounds like a con-job.

Suggest you drop by some of the other junkyards to find a used ECU. A new EMC costs almost as much as the half-cut you bought.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
hmmm, not really.

Get the old school injector controller for cheap at some chop shops.

But do agree with Savahn that, buying a clip without an ECU is downright dodgy!

Shit happens nonetheless

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
the clip i bought came with the ECU for the primary injectors. so do you guys mean that the a secondary ECU is needed? if so, an Extra Injectors Controller is another word for a 2nd ECU? this may sound stupid to you guys but this is the first time i will be using extra injectors so i hope you guys wont mind answering my question

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Haha, sorry. I misread and misunderstood your first post.

13Bs have 4 injectors rated at 550cc - 2 primaries and 2 secondaries. They are all controlled via the standard ECU. You do not need additional engine management to control them.

If you have more than 4 injectors.... take a picture and post it here. Dont get conned into buying an after-market EIC if you have only 4 injectors.

Also, most after-market EMCs can control up to 8 injectors as standard.

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
Haha, sorry. I misread and misunderstood your first post.

13Bs have 4 injectors rated at 550cc - 2 primaries and 2 secondaries. They are all controlled via the standard ECU. You do not need additional engine management to control them.

If you have more than 4 injectors.... take a picture and post it here. Dont get conned into buying an after-market EIC if you have only 4 injectors.

Also, most after-market EMCs can control up to 8 injectors as standard.

thanks for your useful info savahn.
i will take some pics of my engine and post it here so you can tell me what i have and what i dont.
i hope you will be around if i need to ask some stupid questions ok?
cheers!:biggrin:

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
There are no stupid questions. Only people who dont ask questions are stupid.

Everyone on this forum will attempt to help you. However, please read the sticky at the top of this forum for the FAQ. Most questions are covered there.

datsr510det

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
kota bharu
here are some pics of the engine that i have.
can someone here tell me what this engine is missing
(apart from intercooler pipings that i have taken out n wiring)
and what part(s) that has been upgraded by our friend back in japan.
from my understanding, this engine came from 1986-88 model fc

Attachments

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Looks like a standard 13Bt, non-GTX.

The only obvious thing to note is that the belt pulley for the water pump is changed to a double belt - the shiny purple thingie. That's a good thing and usually one of the first things owners should do.

Well, take it over to your nearest rotary mechanic, preferably Ah Choy in Subang, and have it torn-down to have a looksee inside.

And change all the silicon hoses.... And have the vacuum lines checked... and the solenoids.... and have the turbo checked to see if it still actually works...

I am assuming you dont want to do all that by yourself.