Need Comment On Honda Prelude

SilverWings

Jan 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Guys~ i need most of your help again
any comment about this car?

the car design look cool to me
what i need to know here is the performance of this car. realibility?
anything~ about this car, please tell me
i need to know more about this car, thanks ^^
roadtax? fuel thirst? price of this car?
annnnnything~
thanks~

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
some say it's a dress-up car as it has all the looks to be a modded beauty coupe

and because of that, doesn't really seen any being modded in the perfomance department though...

just me two rupiah heheh

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Nice exterior. Look carefully at the interior, you may or may not like the interior.

Front

Inside

Inside again

Semi Bucket seat

Auto Cruise, make sure you test it whether it still working

it's a 2.2 and old (12 years, i guess) model car, so may need to watch out for the fuel comsuption and maintenance.

overall, i like the car. I posted some nice Perlude shot in randam car shot.

Price .. it's around RM47K - RM52K for 93/97.
Found that mostly Auto gear available in Malaysia. Not sure have manual gear or not.

You may post the question to the Honda Corner. Maybe there are Prelude owner can give you experience/comment/tips from Prelude owner there?

SilverWings

Jan 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by Gh0sT@Jan 23 2005, 15:02
i dun really like the overall look of the car but got a cool interior, digital meters....hhehehe
Digital Meters???
i didn't see them in the picture
can u post a picture up here??
thanks

MonsterTacho

500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
The best looking prelude is the series after this one. it looks damn sporty + stylish...

Gh0sT

Known Member
Nov 6, 2004
???
cardomain.com
Originally posted by SilverWings+Jan 23 2005, 18:42 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SilverWings @ Jan 23 2005, 18:42 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gh0sT@Jan 23 2005, 15:02
i dun really like the overall look of the car but got a cool interior, digital meters....hhehehe
Digital Meters???
i didn't see them in the picture
can u post a picture up here??
thanks [/b][/quote]
in the picture you see the empty space from middle to passenger side on top the air con outlet...acctually it's a screen...display your water temp, petrol all digitally 1

kct

Known Member
Dec 11, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
My mom's friend got one of these Preludes...

If for like normal cruising type, or normal drivers, or luxury type of drivers, sure it'll be good. But if you are looking for outright perfomance, better save yourself time to get a Civic EG9 or EG6 (if staying on the price range), because that generation of Honda Prelude is known to be quite heavy.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
wow..this is the first time for me, having a look at the interior.

I was actually browsing at this car in a used car lot once, the interior really caught my attention..but somehow..those pictures changed my mind....

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
I used to hv one. Bought it RM53k and sold it at RM43k.

Got torque. Mine was auto tranny, chipped chip and installed SAFC, this gain low end torque and allow me to play with Cefiro V6 3000.
Smooth engine and no problem going up hill. Everything quite reliable.
Air cond. still working but unable to find the reservoir and blower for new except from half cut shop. The sun roof still working fine. The electronics inside still working good as well as the electronic fuel display.
The handling is superb even at 180km/h. No kidding, better than Accord, just like a continental car. The seat is comfortable.

The sucks.
1) The braking sucks, no good, unless change to better brake pads.
2) The ABS manyak kacau. Mine one the oil seal leakage in the ABS system, can't repair cos no spare parts.
3) The rear sit only allow for kids, I guess no more than age 3.
4) The air cond not cold enough due to mine the interior all black. Black absorb heat easily. Making the interior so hot.
5) Fuel consumption is higher than Vr4, no kidding.
6) The engine is damn hot like turbo car but nvr had a problem with the cooling.
7) The front lamp has a plactic cover, at long term using, the light will not project/focus properly.
8) The cruise control even is working but once u press it, the speed will lock at 110km/h. Even u increase it to higher than 110km/h
9) 4WS, 4 wheel steerling.... famous.. easy kacau. Not working.
10) Interior not spacious enough, maybe i am big size :lol:

The only thing I like about this car is sporty, low end torque and handling. Nothing else.

Hard to get loan nowadays for this car.

During the time I hv this car, I have studied a lot about this car and moddifier in Japan. The highest I have read in the magazine can achieve 290+ hp. Can eg do this? With 20B block also cannot make it unless turbo charge. :lol:

SilverWings

Jan 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by moppy@Jan 23 2005, 22:06
I used to hv one. Bought it RM53k and sold it at RM43k.

Got torque. Mine was auto tranny, chipped chip and installed SAFC, this gain low end torque and allow me to play with Cefiro V6 3000.
Smooth engine and no problem going up hill. Everything quite reliable.
Air cond. still working but unable to find the reservoir and blower for new except from half cut shop. The sun roof still working fine. The electronics inside still working good as well as the electronic fuel display.
The handling is superb even at 180km/h. No kidding, better than Accord, just like a continental car. The seat is comfortable.

The sucks.
1) The braking sucks, no good, unless change to better brake pads.
2) The ABS manyak kacau. Mine one the oil seal leakage in the ABS system, can't repair cos no spare parts.
3) The rear sit only allow for kids, I guess no more than age 3.
4) The air cond not cold enough due to mine the interior all black. Black absorb heat easily. Making the interior so hot.
5) Fuel consumption is higher than Vr4, no kidding.
6) The engine is damn hot like turbo car but nvr had a problem with the cooling.
7) The front lamp has a plactic cover, at long term using, the light will not project/focus properly.
8) The cruise control even is working but once u press it, the speed will lock at 110km/h. Even u increase it to higher than 110km/h
9) 4WS, 4 wheel steerling.... famous.. easy kacau. Not working.
10) Interior not spacious enough, maybe i am big size :lol:

The only thing I like about this car is sporty, low end torque and handling. Nothing else.

Hard to get loan nowadays for this car.

During the time I hv this car, I have studied a lot about this car and moddifier in Japan. The highest I have read in the magazine can achieve 290+ hp. Can eg do this? With 20B block also cannot make it unless turbo charge. :lol:
Yor~A Big Thanks to your reply
very details ,very usefull
i really aprieciate of that

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Originally posted by Cow@Jan 23 2005, 22:03
wow..this is the first time for me, having a look at the interior.

I was actually browsing at this car in a used car lot once, the interior really caught my attention..but somehow..those pictures changed my mind....
cow, are you refering to the exterior that caught your attention?

The exterior really caught my attention, and I saw few very elegant Prelude on the road before, very stylist. But when I go to see 2nd hand car dealer, and saw the interior...
End of Story. Head back my shopping direction to Coupe. hahaha. :lol:

My personal preference, this generation of Prelude exterior is nicer than the new Prelude. Just like the width headlamp and body shape.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need to know about turbo condition.
-how to check turbine?
-what sign of bad turbine?
-can bad turbine send to service?

becoz i already buy one turbine, then dunno izzit ok or not and how to check...so hope any sifoos outthere can help...thanxs
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience