National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
But you know, these BN people...I used to vote for them....but they keep forgetting it's the common folk who put them where they are today. Those fuck1ng a$$holes at Putrajaya.
what he said. :smokin:

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
I think its time Zerotohundred which have over 3 millions members, can do something about this ? we can shout all we want in here, they dont bother unless we shout or do something out there. ZTH is a big community of motorheads, I think they will listen, give it a try.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
We lack organizational power.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
We lack organizational power.
Deacon,

As usual, concise, honest and common sense remarks.

Much as it will disappoint some people to hear this, I never seen ZTH as having ever been a 'tour de force' institution with the clout to effect real changes or the organizational ability to plan something 'big'. It's primary attraction being a well-known and convenient internet venue for enthusiast to congregate and chat...and most of the time, it's just the typical casual chat as anyone who is honest about it can see from the majority of postings. I certainly don't come here for deep thought provoking posts. To be frank, I don't even come here for technical advice anymore.

Of course I like nohing better than be proven wrong and, hey, if you can organize a nationwide show of discontentment against the NAP, I'd be happy to march with ya.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Same here.

The reason why I'm not leading any revolutions is 'cos i can barely organise my own sock and underwear drawer, let alone a fight a battle against having my poor 16 year old teg beaten down by idiots at Puspakom.

If someone does the leg work (really) and there's more than 10,000 of us. Count me in.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Man, so far there are only 6 people going. Add me and jombiee and we might be able to fill just ONE arrest truck. :S

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
Deacon, no worry, I think its a huge gathering since most car forums being invited, i wish its on Sat or Sun la, more happening. if not then we go eat roti canai larr lol

pahlawanmimpi

Known Member
Feb 22, 2006
can someone like post what that stupid minister have said about OEM parts from mitsu, honda etc to their manufacturer?? :evil:can teach him some lessons when he will be sued from them??:thefinger:

MatLia

Known Member
Jul 17, 2007
G is too much on this. Let's teach them a lesson next PRU. Total lost for them if they didn't cares bout this matter.:banghead:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Btw, do u guys think that chop shop spare part will really stop import after 2011 ?
Have other way?
Maybe re-packing and sell as new with cheaper price? :biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
my 17 year old eg still not yet paid up and need to go buy another car to replace? screwed up...

proton should never have been materialized. it started out as Malaysia's pride and joy then those bufoons took over and now its a burden....a burden shared by all of us. they cant find a way of legally taxing us so now they forcing us to choose to change to "cheap" local cars. cheap as in cheap quality got la.

my parents were talking about how things were back in the 70s-80s when they could buy a prelude(flip light model) for 42k and the AE86 for about the same price..BRAND NEW WITH 2 YEARS WARRANTY!!! those were the days. open market. gomen got tax money, car companies made profit selling in volume and the rakyat can buy freely. they changed cars when they start showing problems cos cars were dispossable assets. car companies made money, gomen made money, rakyat happy.... THEN came proton. tax unto all imports with quotas and all that. of cos we as Malaysians were so proud of OUR own car manufacturer and we all supported it. we bought our protons, loved our protons and cherrished them. those days, the saga was a hit even in the UK(base-line model only had 1 wing mirror but top gear loved the price, quality and FC!) then came wira....and wira...and more wiras....then wierdly, after selling so many cars, they were still making losses. imports grew more n more advanced and prices went up while proton were still selling wiras and iswaras. proton has failed. either shape up or ship out. i believe many malaysians still love proton as OUR real national car manufacturer...but its like a rabid dog now. totally unloyal n unfaithful. u feed it, it bites u. and the gomen is prodding them on - i can imagine them going "good dog...keep biting them. dont worry, they are forced to feed you now!"

for those of you who dont notice yet...i'm pissed. i love cars. i have so many dreams to restore some oldies and drift some legends and track race some slick cars. Malaysia has so many car lovers. look on the roads. no other country has so many modified cars on the road. it shows we really love our cars but the gomen cant see it. its like a parent who cant see their son/daughter who has a talent in music but instead forces them to be a doctor instead.

instead of working on taxing us in where we excel, why not make use of our national resources? we have so much fertile land and such a conducive environment. bio-diesel is one of the green-er path towards the future and palm oil is 1 of the raw material that can make bio-diesel...cheap bio-diesel if i may add...and guess who has the potential to produce HUGE amounts of palm oil? we just need to concentrate on developing bio-diesel and sell to the world. who wouldnt want cheap high quality green energy?? think big la people...stop thinking about short term income in your pockets. we're not saying stop taking bribes...but take smart bribes ler. u happy i happy all happy. now is u happy i unhappy

paranoid_android

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Govt policies to stop import of used part is a ridiculous policies i ever seen..

Even new car like BMW,MERCS, honda or even proton car sometimes break down after 3-4years. if no used part, u can order your Honda new gearbox original from factory and pay maybe rm15-20k to replaced those gearbox alone. This is ok for rich people but for poor people? 5-6 years Waja or Perdana, u want to buy new gearbox? U want to buy new engine? block? head?, This is totally Goverment ignorance of poor people like me.. Changing car is not like changing clothes.. Govt want local factory to manufacturing new part, and Govt want to stop import of used part by next year, Govt think all local manufacturer can do it? If they can do it, how many years they want to take to developed a quality product same as import part? Even Proton new car have so many problems eventhough proton is 20 years in this industry.

Please, please, please, revised this useless policies...

Last edited:

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
anybody from chopshops who can feedback on the policy with ground zero perspective ? like to see how u guys are planning....coz we the car owners are feeling really helpless in parts to come, be it new or recon or 2nd used cars :(

i have a feeling come 2011, more rempits will be on the road, perhaps i will be 1 of them, better start learning how to ride a 2 wheeler now :((