Nankangs and Toyos....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
Would appreciate it if u guys who used these tyres before to drop some opinions about it here...

considering to replace my tyres in 1-2 months time... and looking for a blend of performance and comfort tyres...

i came across these 2 brands which i'm not familiar with... read in some magazine that toyo tyres is quite good (proxes???)... how bout nankang NSII...???

haven't found them in local stores yet... anybody know the suppliers and ...???

appreciate it... :smile:

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Toyo - Made in Japan
Nankang - Made in Taiwan

the price difference of the 2 is two folds.

If you are brand concious, then go for Toyo, they are relatively good for the most road surface. But if you are budget tight, go for Nankangs, they really have a good reputation here in Australia, sponsoring the major Formula Drift event in Australia, where most of the competitors here are using them, cheap. However, you can really get a good deal for your wheels set from Nankang.

Not really good both in the dry and the wet, but with that price, who would care much? Even they are considered as Performance tyres over here, but I dont really think so :D but for the cheap price, I will still go for them, how fast would you go in the rain if you really care about your car?

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
im using the Toyo Proxes T-1R. its has execellent grip during wet and dry. i payed RM320 for a piece of 205/45/R16.

wakakaka7

Known Member
May 28, 2005
m'sia
so what brand or type of tyre that is good in the dry and wet situation..?give more confident to drive more than 100km/h currently im using simex not really satisfy here..

johnvk

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
im just wondering how much does each tyre costs? coz im looking for tyre too..17" tyre.........i tought of bridgestone potenza gIII, any pros n cons about this tyre..or maybe firenza 03 .. if i can get the pricing then at least we can compare the tyres..both on performance n cost! bcoz currently i want perfomance tyre which is quite n comfortable..any other tyre brands that can suite this .....

anyway for 7" potenza cost around 300 ++ each
as for firenza cost around 220++ each

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
updates...

went to the shop at sri serdang and found that nankang N1 cost rm240 for 17"....

johnvk

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
thanks for the infor bro's

anyway just wondering how much is it for Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3...
anybody can survey the price for 17"
need to know the reasonable price around...

and also where in sri serdang is the tyre shop location?? any specefic land marks or the shop name ...pls share the infor..
thankz

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
My first tires = Falken Azenis ST115

Currently using = Yokohama AVS ES100

Both tires, good grip wet and dry roads.

I don't really like the Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 design. :tongue: , but the grip is excellent.

The next tire change, might want to try out the Toyo.

All made in Japan. :rock:

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
johnvk said:

and also where in sri serdang is the tyre shop location?? any specefic land marks or the shop name ...pls share the infor..
thankz
17" tires should close to RM400+/-. Some places selling RM380 .. RM400 .. RM420.

johnvk

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
great..at least now i can start budgetting myself..muhahhaa...
but would be Good year, Yokohama or Toyo....hem....need to wait n see.....

thankz for the info

johnvk

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
Just got more infor from elsewhere...
just wondering if there are any c-fu who can quote me the price for 17" tyre for the below brands: coz i really dunno which one to buy...Help me :confused_smile:
And advice me on which one will be the best buy!! i need performance as well as quite tyre....

Goodyear Eagle F1
Yokohama AD07
Yokohama ES100
Falken ST115

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
johnvk said:

thankz
if u come from upm u'll past a petronas station... go straight (pass 1 traffic light and 2 bends) until u see a row of 3 petrol stations on your left(esso, petronas and....)... straight after these stations take a left turn and go straight... the shop is the last shop of a row of shophouses on your left...

sorry coz tak tau nama jalan laaa...

p/s... where can find toyos in klang valley....???

Driftmeister

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
KL
Toyo T1R are excellent performance tyres and great in wet too. 17inch would set u back $400+. Mine cost around $500+ (235/40/18) & $800+ (265/35/18). but those prices r what i got at Klang. No regrets and getting rave reviews in US & Aust. Try it....

khalid7

Jan 19, 2005
nankang is a noisy tyre.........but its cheap u can get rm180 to rm200 at klang area 205 40s 17in........but ns1 is an old model u shoud get ns2(new model) performance is so & so.........the tradeweare is 340 so it will last quite long.........

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
any1 know the prices for Toyo Proxes T-1R - 195/50R15?
thanks...

also nexen tyre,quiet cheap,but duno the review yet....coz is quiet new in malaysia market.

Last edited:

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
someone told me it cost around 180-210 for that size in klang or sunway

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
the trampio vmode?? i think thats the older tyre. the toyo proxes T1-R is the replacement for the trampio vmode. anyways, been using my T1-R for 2 months, still very happy with it. dun see a reason to not continue using it. further more, the name sounds good. TOYOL inside :P

the ad07's are a different level edi. their above the trampio & T1-R's so u cannot make a direct comparison. i think maybe u can compare the proxes T1-S, its the same lvl as AD07's.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Click the image above for more high-res shots of the Honda S2000 CR.

Honda has remained a formidable force at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, an annual event held at the Thunderhill circuit between Sacramento and Redding, California. The automaker has campaigned a number of vehicles at the 25-hour enduro over the years, including a duo of Civic Sis and a handful of Acuras. This year, Honda's bringing out its newest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience