rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
all ur guys i got 1 question!! :P
if the car put in high profile camshalf + adjustable cam pulley
can it idling good like normal?even in open air con
coz got adjustable cam pulley??? :blink:
pls help!! my car is satria 1.3 carb, wat cam can put?? how many degree?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
carbie easier 2 tune rather than efi...all controlled by ecu....
262...4 street use...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
if 4g13 siemen ecu....4get bout tat engine...trade in n come out wit a halfcut...4g91 o mivec...ur decision

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
For 4G13/15, cam duration around 260 degrees is the highest u can go without any side effect (eg bad idle, weaker bottom-end etc). Powerzone camshaft is around 260 degrees. No need for adjustable cam pulley or re-adjust anything else, just plug&play.

Going into 270 degrees & above will require changes to ur ignition timing, and probably adjustable cam pulley to advance/retard ur cam phasing. U'll need to increase the ignition timing at idle to at least 15 degrees.

For carb, u adjust the initial timing by adjusting the distributor, unfortunately, adjusting the distributor over 10 degrees can make it much harder to start the engine. So for carb u got no choice but u have to set the idle RPM higher (280 degrees and above requires at least 1500RPM to idle properly on carburetor). For injection, u can adjust the timing at idle via re-chipping or piggyback or programmable ECU (it won't effect ignition timing used for starting the engine), so idling for hi-cam on injection engine can still be nice & smooth.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
g88,

how many time i need to remind you that 4G15 on Siemens VDO ECU can use street cam? Give it some time to get use to the new cam and i'll be OK. :angry:

rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
Originally posted by taqu@Feb 17 2005, 09:51
For 4G13/15, cam duration around 260 degrees is the highest u can go without any side effect (eg bad idle, weaker bottom-end etc). Powerzone camshaft is around 260 degrees. No need for adjustable cam pulley or re-adjust anything else, just plug&play.

Going into 270 degrees & above will require changes to ur ignition timing, and probably adjustable cam pulley to advance/retard ur cam phasing. U'll need to increase the ignition timing at idle to at least 15 degrees.

For carb, u adjust the initial timing by adjusting the distributor, unfortunately, adjusting the distributor over 10 degrees can make it much harder to start the engine. So for carb u got no choice but u have to set the idle RPM higher (280 degrees and above requires at least 1500RPM to idle properly on carburetor). For injection, u can adjust the timing at idle via re-chipping or piggyback or programmable ECU (it won't effect ignition timing used for starting the engine), so idling for hi-cam on injection engine can still be nice & smooth.
thanks a lot!! :lol:
tats means when change cam the fuel also need more right!!
then how about of adjustable cam pulley?what the efect?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
for your info rayracer, its no shame having a 1.3 carbie car..it can out run many bigger cc cars in klang valley if modded correctly and budgetly right for u and everybody.

for me put in a dcoe (twin preferably) and a cam wud be enough to overcome if some cars tiong u..and of course options are cam pulley...dont forget satria is quite light and thus ur braking system need to improve, and u definately need the braking power cos of hp increase and u wud not stop in time, i am also goin to change brake system sooner then expected.

cams on a injected car can be control by ecu if the rpm is stable, but carbie u just need a 260/260 cam like many others has said in here.

good luck in your carbie mod dude ;)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I used to drive a 1.5GL Wira.

For you guys who plan to mod carburator engine (bigger jettings or webbers, cams, etc)

I got one advise, get ready for HUGE petrol bills.

rayracer

Nov 11, 2004
CHERAS,TMN CONNAUGHT
NIL
pls..................!!!! :huh:
every 1 pls help me to give me a good answer about
adjustable cam pulley,wat the efect? if wanna adjust it,
my satria 1.3 carb adjust it the pulley to wat spec?i means the degree lah! :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi forumers,

I am facing the problem where my Proton Putra gear shifter vibrates whenever hitting above 60kph in 3rd gear only. This issue is similar to this -> New Straits Times - Google News Archive Search

Do you know of any specialized workshop within KL that can handle/fix this sort of problem? Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience