my ff experience with my fr altezza lol

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bollinger

well .... last night i almost crash twice on genting but was thinking i've been a bad boy this year and santa cant carry a half cut to me so i tried my very best to counter steer and save my babe .

anyway just wanna share how i felt about driving a FR layout car with over confidence of many years ff driving up genting in a fr car . totally totally turned my from hero to noob , my tezza last night was like a wild horse trying to kick the rider out of the saddle . of course the logical thinking would be drive my car slowly , get to know more about my new car ...... but as the driver ego kick in ........ u know ......

yes so i floored my pedal trying to chase my friend in ek9 and the road condition was wet . back then with my ff car it doesnt bother me as long as in get the car balanced before entering a corner and floor all the way after the apex and do not upset the balance of the car will do fine . so i did it on my fr tezza , and yes exactly what you guys think ....... over steer , back sliding , my tezza suddenly love to dance cha cha . the first over steer almost hit the wall but i firgure out becuz i was too aggressive at the exit , the i tried again then i over steer (i was going 110kmph around there )at the stretch going downhill at the uphill climb .

and my advice for pro ff drivers getting fr cars with no fr experience ....... fr cars will kill u if u only have ff experience ...... control ego .... lol . please share some tips in controlling fr thanks . please dont ask me to drift before i can learn how to control it .

go practise your skills in sepang bro....dun endanger other road users....

yeah thats what i tot .

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

really felt like an idiot trying to fly before i walk lol

FF to 4WD also diffrent style edy of drive. what more a FR. learn slo bro. hehehe.

genting was wet last night......spun my car in a not so fast uphill corner. wearing 30% left parada....
my fault..

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

genting was wet last night......spun my car in a not so fast uphill corner. wearing 30% left parada....
my fault..

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

my fault..

tyre + wet is the main cause.

So Bolinger, u like more of FR or FF Now? Hehehe...
I've been with mine for 3 years and am still learning to tame her wild side.

well .... last night i almost crash twice on genting but was thinking i've been a bad boy this year and santa cant carry a half cut to me so i tried my very best to counter steer and save my babe .

anyway just wanna share how i felt about driving a FR layout car with over confidence of many years ff driving up genting in a fr car . totally totally turned my from hero to noob , my tezza last night was like a wild horse trying to kick the rider out of the saddle . of course the logical thinking would be drive my car slowly , get to know more about my new car ...... but as the driver ego kick in ........ u know ......

yes so i floored my pedal trying to chase my friend in ek9 and the road condition was wet . back then with my ff car it doesnt bother me as long as in get the car balanced before entering a corner and floor all the way after the apex and do not upset the balance of the car will do fine . so i did it on my fr tezza , and yes exactly what you guys think ....... over steer , back sliding , my tezza suddenly love to dance cha cha . the first over steer almost hit the wall but i firgure out becuz i was too aggressive at the exit , the i tried again then i over steer (i was going 110kmph around there )at the stretch going downhill at the uphill climb .

and my advice for pro ff drivers getting fr cars with no fr experience ....... fr cars will kill u if u only have ff experience ...... control ego .... lol . please share some tips in controlling fr thanks . please dont ask me to drift before i can learn how to control it .

so, is this silliness? bragging? show-off? Ego-over-logic? confession? luck?

normally for FR, cannot full throttle out of corner ma unlike FF. FR is full throttle masuk corner right?

ps: not sure i'm correct. Pls enlighten me as i drive FF car and normally try to minimize understeer and pick the apex line, downshift and WOT.

theoretically speaking it is correct from what my friend told me too:

FF cars: slow in, fast out

FR cars: fast in, slow out

but it depends also on the car behavior and set up I believe

4WD = fast in, fast out?

mr car???? drive gokart first... :biggrin:

theoretically speaking it is correct from what my friend told me too:

FF cars: slow in, fast out

FR cars: fast in, slow out

but it depends also on the car behavior and set up I believe

I thot it is another way around..rear wheel driven cars have car weight shift to rear to help rear traction during corner exit

Its all about balance, its not about how fast u go around corner, it depend on the car setup too, tire, suspension, chasis setup etc. Diff setup the car change the handling characteristic, good set of tire sure can grip better then normal tire, not to mention adjustable vs stock, camber, toe etc... U need to setup the car to your driving style, then learn to control it from there.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom