My ceFIRO

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
2L for more power, or 2.5L box for more fuel economical. But all this got to match with the torque curve

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
VQ23DE ? u r driving a teana? Why so fast kong g/box? I've never seen any yet at chop shop.

RandyC

Jul 9, 2006
oh, this car brought in from SG long ago. Its the pre-facelift model, the one without the Projector Headlamp ^^

Well there is this very loud and wierd growling sound coming from the engine bay when i rev the engine up (the sound comes and go smth like grorrroarrr .. quiet... ggrrrooarr... quiet .. )

i dont know where is it coming from so imjust preparing myself for the worst lor. That time a shop in melaka used his scanner to scan for error codes and says one of my knock sensor faulty. Wonder if that could be the cause?

hmmm...

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
just make sure you use original nissan ATF oil. Nissan auto box need to use original nissan ATF oils, else you risk killing the box.

Worse you can ask some chopshop to cut you one 1/2 cut from Japan.

RandyC

Jul 9, 2006
how much will the original Nissan ATF cost ar if i were to go out and change atf ?

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
bro ur gear box using normal ATF oil or CVVT oil? pls double comfirn ler. later kong

RandyC

Jul 9, 2006
dint know there is such a thing too. i took over this car not too long ago, no idea of its history, thts y i need advise on a good place to check on the car, price to flush n change d atf ... :s

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
bro check for u liao, if yours are 230jm then is CVVT gear box.
change ATF with CVVT & dont ever use ATF type D comfirn ur gearbox kong.

Last edited:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
check the engine code, and best to send the car to TCM for first time service. If your car is confirm CVT box, and you use normal ATF oil. is time to saved money for a g.box. and you may need to wait 3 to 6 months to find a used g.box cause the chop shop here don't keep stock.

Think not expensive lah, last my friend sold a used honda citi cvt box, is only 8k

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

bro check for u liao, if yours are 230jm then is CVVT gear box.
change ATF with CVVT & dont ever use ATF type D comfirn ur gearbox kong.

BTW, CVT also have 2 type of oil, so you need to check the g.box code to confirm. check the plate on your engine bay.

gsrturbo86

Known Member
Nov 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks so much guys for these info. Any rough idea how much would it cost to send my car to TCM to service my g.box as in change the fluid ?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
i tried injector clean recently... found fc become better after 2nd tong of petrol

injector dirty?
Sure or not, I ve used injector cleaner b4, no difference wan? Wat brand u use?
:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know what is the problem if a car won't crank up? My Civic '96 EFi (Manual) can't start at times. When I insert the key and crank it up, it will not crank. It just go.. "karak".. and nothing happened. I can still on my aircond and lock my car (central locking) which means battery still working right?

Anyone had the same problem? OR anyone know what can be the problem?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience