AMS R35 GT-R does a [email protected] 1/4 Mile - A World Record!

brian@ams

Known Member
Apr 22, 2011
West Chicago/IL
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sgJp-hLOrNo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="200" width="335"></iframe>

Hello everyone! I just finished piecing together our video footage of our very own shop AMS shop Alpha 12 R35 GT-R. We completed dyno tuning last Thursday and immediately took it to the track early the following day. In the past few months, we've encountered limitations in the stock VR38 block in which it would fracture under high cylinder and boost pressure. Fortunately, we were able to develop a solution for this problem and are now able to run the vehicle at over 1300awhp even with 105F (40.5C) temperature in the dyno room.

Our Alpha 12 GT-R put on an amazing performance at the track considering the high humidity and DA of 2745. We were able to fire off around 10 or so low 9 sec passes over 160mph with a best pass of 9.052@166mph! On that pass, we were able to produce a 60-130mph time of 3.46 seconds! This would have probably improved even more if we had better traction. Tires were slipping through 4 gears with the track greasing up due to heat. Nonetheless, the numbers were impressive.

Although we improved the overall record for 1/4 mile and 60-130mph, we are still shooting for the very elusive 8 second 1/4 mile pass. With the car completely healthy, we hope to accomplish this some time soon.

Please watch the video below. You can see me filming and disappearing FAST in the rear-facing camera on the car towards the end :burnout:.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Firstly good improvement.......but
the rear crome lining seems ugly
please remove that item so that it can see better
engine? seem there is no improvement from the catalog i read
110hp not good enough to put your body into the back of the seat
common proton when the real campro(cam profile) will be reveal?
Even standard old waja standard engine has no any variable valve system can get 112hp?
Dont be "cam pro" ok lor....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience