Modification B8

Astina GTR

I think since we want to share share the idea , here is the place for we all to discuss ok!!!! Cheers!!! ;) B8 GO GO GO ;)

Actually my idea is B8 can Fast!! But the weak point is no performance parts( aftermarket) in Malaysia!! That' why many people said B8 no fast!!! As i know when B8 getting 350hp to 400hp, the front wheel gearbox always is a problem , that'why many people think that 350hp-400hp is already max level for B8!! I found that in Australia got one company have do the drag race gearbox for BP turbo..... and i also found that the fastest BP turbo is MX5 in Japan with 10.1S(0-400m) but that is a Rear Wheel Drive!!! For Front wheel drive i did't see a B8 can break 12S..... I got one friend in Australia , he Astina is using GT30 turbo with mircotech 438hp on wheel but half year already " KONG" 10 gearbox!!! So i think that this is a big big problem for Our B8 , hope B8 kaki here can give some new idea in here....... Thanks! :)

:lol: ...i blew 2 gearbox so far... but my car not power. I also had a tough time deciding on which gearbox to change to. From my experience...I've owned a Vtec and i've owned a Vr4 rs... B8 have super long life and top end is awesome.... way stronger than other engines i've driven...well ...i'm yet to try out nissan Sr's and Rb's. also Toyotas...I must admit that mazda or any after market companies should design custom performance gearbox and ratios also Cams for BPT engines.
Well...this is just my 2 cents. :D

There is company in Aussie do the custom gearbox... for drag... i think locally we have to rojak the gear ratio loh... there is aftermarket parts available overseas... get to know a workshop in ampang area selling cam for B8...mayy be u guys can check it out... he claims those parts from UK...

cheers for B8....i wish we will produce fast B8 out oneday..

there's some oil leaking down to the ground and the whole lower arm and dunno wat is all cover with the oil...cos be4 that my engine is knocking and got those metal rubbing sound... it's only a few days time and now got leaking liow..
anyone can atleast tell me wat's the problem?
is it the gearbox rubbing with the engine sitting that cost it to crack and leak?
damn ler..
i damn scared to face the problem now....
it's leaking on the lower arm there....
on the passenger's side lower arm...
:(

sifu sifu....anyone here got information for B8...i mean internet!!!

As i know...have one factory only do mods to mazda and ford..but i can't remember where already...factory name WOLF

about the gearbox...my fren told me that can do.....what what sequential gear box ...i cannot remember the name....but the cost damn expensive!!!!

Originally posted by M@X@Jan 6 2004, 06:50 PM
sifu sifu....anyone here got information for B8...i mean internet!!!

As i know...have one factory only do mods to mazda and ford..but i can't remember where already...factory name WOLF

about the gearbox...my fren told me that can do.....what what sequential gear box ...i cannot remember the name....but the cost damn expensive!!!!
:blink: ...sequantial gear box...... :ph34r:

if it's really available... would cost a BOMB!! :P
B8 veli tahan mah, but sorry to say me no time to even change my engine oil, now valve got bit problem oso

how far can u all go with a full tank ar?
i pump rm60 i can go only 280-300kmh wor?
why so crazy 1?
:~(
i dont tekan much also wor...
i am so sad...

In aussie there is company call wolf but donno they do gearbox or not..
RM 60 for 300km on only .....wah really got problem..ur engine heavy driker leh...
mine RM63 can goto 430 -450km .....

speedspirit, ur car must be powerful...

yeah my car is about 500horse.....
and sometimes i boost at 1.7
cannot tahan ler
see the petrol drop like water
jor...........
i need MICROTECH!
ehehehe
NOT NOS!

jsut kidding my car is just a normal b8..slow and troublesome
and it's giving headache

since when your car give problem? i think u better send to a reliable mechanics....

" Rojak " gearbox only can stay power like original gearbox! " Rojak" only better gear ratio but i mean inside the" gigi" is still stock ah.... still come from factory , they really got limit life in there!!! i did it long time already no use, yes.... the ratio is good but cannot stay long time because inside all parts still " stock".....anywhere thanks for your idea , Jason!

One guy from kedah he already order one custom gearbox from aussie cost 16k... i think this is the only choice for me...... :(

Sometime really feel that very boring Go this road ( B8)......hehehe :unsure:

I heard that some peopple use the 4WD machine gear and installed it inside the 2WD gearbox housing because they calims that the 4WD gearbox machine gear is more harder than the normal gearbox, especially the 210 gearbox, because i haerd that the machine gear has been go through short pinning process to harden them.

p/s: sorry if i got worng info about it... just my 2 cents

My B8 RM60 can go 360KM with 2.3" piping,and RM60 can go 330KM with 2.5"with big muffler.

Consider ok for me. :D

Originally posted by slow@Feb 2 2004, 12:58 PM
I heard that some peopple use the 4WD machine gear and installed it inside the 2WD gearbox housing because they calims that the 4WD gearbox machine gear is more harder than the normal gearbox, especially the 210 gearbox, because i haerd that the machine gear has been go through short pinning process to harden them.

p/s: sorry if i got worng info about it... just my 2 cents
SLow, you are right. Only the 210 gearbox is shotpeened.

what??? serious?? geeezzz.... i shud haf read this thread earlier ,i sold my 210 gbox :( . anyway B8s are super reliable.... so far my only problems i have had
wid it is the exhaust coming loose and the IC hose popping out...... other than
that its problem free...... *touch wood :lol:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom