MME Launching

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
haha.....than u shud have suggested something......kekeke
didn't they get the view from all R3 staffs??.........but guess their main concentration is on performance.........
heard the normal campro engine is purposely being "tuned down"; awaiting confirmation from my Proton R&D fren.......
but he told me the campro block cracks already after 2 years......non-stop running in their R&D......

faisal; see what I mean about the little things.

People will go; "Nice this, nice that, nice, nice, nice..."; till they get to the back where they'll go; "ewww...". That's not what you want to achieve. It is like a supermodel with a hairy back. That is just nasty.

yeah; agreed that ppl tend to find faults rather than appreciating the whole effort.....
one single mistake might be enough to ruin the whole package....kekekeke

Many people are like that.

Instead of looking at the BIG picture and saying nice package, they nit pick and look for tiny faults.....

Can't please everyone......

lol bro UpErNoVa

the name Kok Eng not Ko Keng

lol

i think for those so 'ngam' wanna buy Waja or Gen2 then the timing damn perfect for them lor....

mcb
got ipork...

This MME edition don't know come with that dark tinted glass or not?They put slotted brake disc but not included performance brake pad.Oem Proton brake pad is bad.They put performance spark plug cable but they didn't put performance spark plug.

faisal said:
Many people are like that.

Instead of looking at the BIG picture and saying nice package, they nit pick and look for tiny faults.....

Can't please everyone......
Thinking like that isn't going to help.

Fact of the matter is that such behaviour is common place and is how people are wired to think. Fall back on the hairy backed supermodel analogy. Basically, it ruins the package or in other words it lets down the rest of the car. Like Raikkonen's McLaren last year, everything was great except reliability. Not going to help matters.

The little things count. It shows people that you care and it shows people you pay attention. It shows you went that extra mile which makes a product extra special instead of looking half hearted (might not be the case but that is what it looks like). Don't just blow people off saying; "Can't please everyone...". That's probably one of the attitudes that led to Protons downfall.

Last edited:
faisal said:
No it is NOT a conversion Kit. The whole HID equipped headlight assembly is properly developed and tested.

If you get the chance to view the MME Edition Waja pls do take a close look. You will see it is not the "conversion " kit as you claim it is.

Please reserve judgement until you view things in the metal.

the UK spec Waja equi with OEM HID (Bosch AL) when they launch in UK .........
so nothing surprise ......

BTW i said HOPEFULLY they not using those conversion kit .....

and i do surpport proton just they never make thing right .....

Last edited:
si|verfish said:
Thinking like that isn't going to help.

Fact of the matter is that such behaviour is common place and is how people are wired to think. Fall back on the hairy backed supermodel analogy. Basically, it ruins the package or in other words it lets down the rest of the car. Like Raikkonen's McLaren last year, everything was great except reliability. Not going to help matters.

The little things count. It shows people that you care and it shows people you pay attention. It shows you went that extra mile which makes a product extra special instead of looking half hearted (might not be the case but that is what it looks like). Don't just blow people off saying; "Can't please everyone...". That's probably one of the attitudes that led to Protons downfall.
Which goes to show many people should approach things with an open mind and not be judgemental.

Too many folks comment after seeing things on paper or through a screen. Some even comment on performance before even driving the car.

I'm not blowing people off but that is the truth. Not everyone can be pleased. One man's meat is another's poison. Over at the Launch some hated the car, due to the tail light. Some liked it and didn't mind the tail lights as the rest of the package more that made up for those ugly lights. You mention detail. How about the other details?

BTW Reliabilty of a The 2005 McLaren is/was a MAJOR factor as compared to the ugly taillights.

LanEvo8 said:
This MME edition don't know come with that dark tinted glass or not?They put slotted brake disc but not included performance brake pad.Oem Proton brake pad is bad.They put performance spark plug cable but they didn't put performance spark plug.
The Tint you see in pictures and brochures are not on the production cars.

Last edited:
faisal said:
Which goes to show many people should approach things with an open mind and not be judgemental.

Too many folks comment after seeing things on paper or through a screen. Some even comment on performance before even driving the car.

I'm not blowing people off but that is the truth. Not everyone can be pleased. One man's meat is another's poison. Over at the Launch some hated the car, due to the tail light. Some liked it and didn't mind the tail lights as the rest of the package more that made up for those ugly lights. You mention detail. How about the other details?

BTW Reliabilty of a The 2005 McLaren is/was a MAJOR factor as compared to the ugly taillights.
Ok, I can tell you I like the car. I also liked most of the things that have been done on it. I've said this previously. In fact I would be happy if I had one. I'm sure plenty of people think like I do.

But that's not the point. Point is, I will look at that car and think; "If only the blokes at R3 have just done that little bit extra on so and so it would have been perfect...". It's that niggling thought at the back of your head that people who like the car will ignore and people who don't like it will highlight. Sure, it should be darn easy to change the lights but hey, its a new car, you'd expect to not have to mess with it. It is good but it could have been better, just a tiny blemish messing it up a bit.

You know how you'd think back on some of the things you've done and go; "If only I had done so and so instead...it would have been better...".

Anyway, it's allright if you don't agree. Just a thought.

haha.....not playing sides; but it's hard really to please everyone as they would always be things to complani about. Nothing is really that perfect anyway.

But I do agree that the tail light is the most talk about and most noticeable flaw in the whole package. See, after all this posts; there's still basically no critics on the Gen 2.

But anyway, all done is done.....can't do anything much. Now is only awaiting comments on the performance and reliability of this editions. So who ever test drived it or bought it.............pls feel free to input.

I think the car looks good. But i always have a problem with cars that are too dark coloured. They does not show the car's lines. And whatever kit they used is masked off by the dark colour. I mean for launching, it is best to have a brighter color for reference to the improvements. And a end product, the dark coloured car next to it. With a little note, "This Color variant is not offered, but for reference only".

It was the same with the Wira Aeroback SE long time ago. I can't see the cars improvements on exception of the aluminum gt wing at the back. Less can be said about the engine cover that came off Erk!.

My suggestion to R3 is to include at least 1 brightly colored reference car like the one used for Satria Neo, to highlight the kits body lines. Dark color is hard to see in real life and worse in pictures.

The MME Waja. There is only so much anyone (in this case, R3) can do to a vehicle that looks as interesting as watching paint dry. I would think given the budget, and what limited mods allowed by the management of proton, they came out with what they were asked to give and nothing more. Any tuner would know that the end result is always limited by the chassis you give them. Can't expect golden apples from lemons.

regards

Well I was expecting lemon sorbet. They did it, but served it in a plain glass. Everything was right apart from that one little thing. Won't spoil the taste of it but the whole experience would have been enhanced with a little attention to that small detail.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom