Meaning of Christmas

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Nativity.gif

Merry Christmas

Free sex. I'll just just pick up a girl who is totally drunk on streets.

It's that time of the year when you stop being selfish and you put all your problems and personal issues aside because Christmas is about giving and sharing. I don't mean sharing your problems, we all have them. It's putting all else aside and appreciating what we have... family... friends. It's about finding a way to put a smile on another's face. It's that time of the year we embrace all of humanity... that time of the year where there is no prejudice... no hate... that time of the year we show our loved ones we care.

Christmas is not about you. It's about us.

Not to spoil the Christmas spirit, but Christmas day and Santa Claus is a glorified creation to bring America out of the Depression. While the true meaning of Christmas is borned out of the mindsets of copywriters, film directors, and every single person that's involved in the marketing of the whole Christmas band wagon, theres no denying it is now a internationally celebrated event. And i based all of this on absolutely nothing. But of course, it depends on which part of the Christian faith you're on. A Egpytian guy i know said that a large Christian community there doesn't even believe in the cross symbol, although he think its cool and wears it. The 7th Day Adventist, a banned church in Malaysia and most of the Western world, don't celebrate Christmas, erm, or is it their Birthday?
But of course, i'm a christian and i love celebrating christmas. Some Christians may be just crying blasphemy over me mocking the holy day of christmas. No offence intended.

euthanasia said:
Not to spoil the Christmas spirit, but Christmas day and Santa Claus is a glorified creation to bring America out of the Depression. While the true meaning of Christmas is borned out of the mindsets of copywriters, film directors, and every single person that's involved in the marketing of the whole Christmas band wagon, theres no denying it is now a internationally celebrated event. And i based all of this on absolutely nothing. But of course, it depends on which part of the Christian faith you're on. A Egpytian guy i know said that a large Christian community there doesn't even believe in the cross symbol, although he think its cool and wears it. The 7th Day Adventist, a banned church in Malaysia and most of the Western world, don't celebrate Christmas, erm, or is it their Birthday?
But of course, i'm a christian and i love celebrating christmas. Some Christians may be just crying blasphemy over me mocking the holy day of christmas. No offence intended.
yeap.. agree..

for me.. christmas is about beautiful decorations on the streets.. about remembering loved ones.. about get-togethers.. about christmas gifts.. about doing some charity.. n lastly.. pray for the less fortunate.. not forgetting... christmas is about having a good time.. ;)

Last edited:
meaning of christmas to be jolly loh for gals n guys coz the girls lost their virginity on the eve..n guys they get what they want ...........hahahaha...lol..........cheerrrssssss

For many, it is just another excuse to party, get drunk and get laid.

euthanasia said:

Well my friend, so is Valentines Day, Easter, Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, even your birthday. There's money to be made in almost any auspicious event.

What matters most is what each of these occasions mean to you. As silverfish said, to some it's a good reason to get drunk. Isn't that what many of us do during public holidays to don't concern us?

The essence of Christmas is to give without expectation of receiving anything. By that I not only make reference to tangible items. The celebration of Christmas may have been blown out of proportion by businessmen who have found an avenue to make some money but the essence of Christmas remains. Like most things in life, it's subject to interpretation. If you think it's a poor excuse to get drunk, spend money or whatever, that's your provocative. I'd like to think that at least 1 day of the year, people can be nice to one another. So what if there are still bitter pricks out there? Doesn't mean I have to be like them.

Even if Christmas was a day manufactured by brilliant marketing minds, so what? If it helps people be happy and develop a sense of generosity, why complain?

Last edited:
Christmas is Jesus's birthday celebration, as far as I understand it. There could be deeper meanings into it but I've not really read the entire bible yet. hahaha For me, Christmas is a time where you set yourself free of as much humane restrictions. Be generous, be kind, be happy, bla bla bla. Exchange of gifts is nice, especially in family, because it brings the family closer together when opening each other's gifts. :) Having a blinky blinky christmas tree in the house is also nice because it gives that calm feeling of peace and puts a smile to the face.

As for friends, a get together would be nice too. Perhaps a small exchange of gifts would be nice too. Of course, when gathering together, don't talk about work and all that shit la, unless it's a joke or something. Just talk and laugh and whatever. Most important, humble yourself and free yourself from earthly feelings and such. :)

All in all, people should just be at peace and wish each other merry or blessed christmas, whether they know each other or not. A world of peace and harmony.

That's what Christmas means to me.

Duke Red said:
It's that time of the year when you stop being selfish and you put all your problems and personal issues aside because Christmas is about giving and sharing. I don't mean sharing your problems, we all have them. It's putting all else aside and appreciating what we have... family... friends. It's about finding a way to put a smile on another's face. It's that time of the year we embrace all of humanity... that time of the year where there is no prejudice... no hate... that time of the year we show our loved ones we care.

Christmas is not about you. It's about us.

merry christmas to you duke red, it post like this that reminds us of brothers. I hope to go to HRC (midnite) , no not Hard rock but Holy rosary church in brickfields else it would be morning mass.

merry christmas to all friends & forumers.

koolspyda said:
merry christmas to you duke red, it post like this that reminds us of brothers. I hope to go to HRC (midnite) , no not Hard rock but Holy rosary church in brickfields else it would be morning mass.

merry christmas to all friends & forumers.

Merry Christmas to you too mate. I'll be in CKK, Subang Jaya for midnight mass as well. Don't fancy getting up with a major hangover and having to go in the morning.

To the rest, a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Looking forward to more debates and discussions next year. Till then have fun, party hard and take the cab! :tee:

Top Bottom