Matte Black spray !!!

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
What is matte black spray for car actually???? it is the new trend, does it look nice for u guys. How much it will cost to spray a whole wira !!!! is it similar to mettalic ( easy to wash n wax ) !!:confused:

sumting like the below image

Attachments

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think it's a trend now for matte colour. This morning I just saw 1 Matt black Innova pass by me. I don't know how much it cost. I don't think you need to wax it since it has no gloss level at all. Wash should be no problem. It's useful for you to jog down some notes anywhere on the car if you don't want to forget some important jobs. :biggrin::biggrin:

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
hahahaha. dats a good comments. hahahaha, i wish want to spray matte black to wira, but my parents said it's look like a junkyard color macam kapur liao !!! Hmmm

some foto's below >>>>>> :driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
can be black board like wat taikor TR mentioned...

it'll be nicer if the whole car got algebra calculations chalked all over

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Facts about matte black:

- it does have a clear coat, just that the clear coat is mixed with matte agent
- you can polish the thing
- it wun look any gloosier if you polish the thing
- it is exactly the same as normal gloss paint
- the base coat is the same

How would i know, cause i DIY sprayed my car that way. (compressor was used, not those cans.)

Attachments

mingz

1,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2007
wow! u Diy....sure got alot of gut to do that man...:adore:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
You DIY the whole car ???:adore:

Bump: You DIY spray the whole car ???:adore:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yeah, the entire car....

cost around 300 for everything done.

but heck, i ain't doing it again, those ppl at the paint shop deserves it. Heck a lot of effort
even wrapping the car took me a whole day.

Bump: if u see the picture properly, i missed out the front bumper wheel arch area
ahaha
cause i put the bumper on a chair and forgot the bottom when spraying, so it remains white.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i was using spray can......on my spoiler...i can tell you matte is damn easy to spray on....dont have to worry that u over coat compared to other parts....if ur spraying part by part.....always lookds good than glossy sprays....i did my spoiler in 3 hrs...

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
But for me it's looking pretty good in matte black coz when in wide bodykit, the matte spray will look nicer n fierce look!! But the real prob for me, my gf aint like it -- she said, it's like bring a evil beside us. :confused: dono y?? Hmmmmm...... im real confused !!

Guys which one is good??? maintain my grey color in wira or spray matte black??? :mad::banghead::confused::bawling:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yeap, easy to touch up also....

but one thing irritates me.

Because it is matte, aunties whom dunno anything bout paint (about 99.99% of them) tend to abuse ur car.

I seen them flinging their doors open, denting my door (and damn, my painting completed only for about 1 month only sudah ada door dents)
One aunty i asked her to pay me 200 cause she pushed her shopping trolley away from her car and directly to my bumper, left a real nasty scratched.
When i confronted her, she dare dare say my car so old looking d, no need to care. That was when i kasi tiu her up the ceiling.

Conclusion, dun spray matte on National Car or anything cars for a fact cause there is brainless idiots who thinks non-gloss cars are old cars.

But.... matte black really is a eye catchers, seen quite a number of people "checking out" the car in traffic lights and jams. =P

clawhammer

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
KL
Visit site
It's just horrible and I suggest you don't do it :) Anyway, the choice is yours.

wira4life

Known Member
Feb 16, 2009
i wanna ask again?? with matte black in whole car. can air brush be done in mettalic black on matte black color . Just like DK 350z in tokyo drift!!!! possible????.:idea:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
It's just horrible and I suggest you don't do it :) Anyway, the choice is yours.

It is just a personal opinion. there is nothing horrible in this world.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

I think it look splendid if done correctly on the correct kinda cars. Wira sedan = good, wira aeroback = not so good.

clawhammer

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
KL
Visit site
It is just a personal opinion. there is nothing horrible in this world.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

I think it look splendid if done correctly on the correct kinda cars. Wira sedan = good, wira aeroback = not so good.
You're right and I was basically sharing my opinion that it is horrible :) Some people might think it's nice so they can go ahead. Well, people just want to create attention by doing something different I guess and this comes with painting the car matte, lol. No worries bro, I understand your point and I do agree.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My cars paint job on the roof and rear boot is starting to show some wear and discoloration. I have considered trying to polish off the clear coat and see if it's better but was advised by the detailer that the damage was quite deep and no guarantee they could restore the paint.

1. Is there a good paint spray shop around Subang/pj area?
2. If I do partial respray I think they won't bake the car right? So would it be better to do full car respray?

Thanks for your advice.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience