Manual Transmission for A32

sb3

Apr 22, 2005
Hey guys , need some advice from the ceffie sifus. I am planning to swap a manual gearbox to my felio. Have anyone done it b4? Will there be any mechanical or electrical fault. Help/advice needed

TIA.:confused::idea::confused:

sb3

Apr 22, 2005
according to my friend at sp.... he just test drive my car there n its si be powerfulll :biggrin:
I believe so coz if u r drivin a 3.0 = 210 hp or if 2.0 = 155hp , so if manual u get to feel the horses on every gear but our auto hmmm.. When I climb the Genting Highland hill i got so frustrated coz i got overtaken by a Toyota Camry 2.4v ! Damn:banghead::bawling::rofl:. I will be planning to swap the manual gearbox very soon!:smokin::slug:

cgui

Oct 20, 2004
Setapak
how easy is it to get a manual tranny in KL? i dun think there are a lot of it ... very rare item

Nobody
Dec 21, 2005
feel ur pain,juz like trying to get a manual set for e36...

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
on floor one may be hv... but mostly h/cut come in malaysia one AT...

may be MT no much market

try talk to h/cut tauke ask them find one...

sb3

Apr 22, 2005
on floor one may be hv... but mostly h/cut come in malaysia one AT...

may be MT no much market

try talk to h/cut tauke ask them find one...
Nowadays car buyer would prefer auto transmission maybe because of the traffic jams in malaysia.. However there r quite a number of performance enthusiasts who r die hard MT users. There alot of advantage s of using manual eg; better fuel mileage , faster acceleration (harder launches) , full control of the veh during winding roads (yummy!), better hill climbing abillity , cheaper and lesser maintenance and repair cost, etc..

But u ll be damn glad if there is a massive traffic jam upfront coz u r in an auto car, hehehe..:driver::proud:
Anyways, my main concern is will our ori auto engine ecu goes haywire/crazy if it unable to detect the AT ecu during its operations?

Comments anyone?

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
Nowadays car buyer would prefer auto transmission maybe because of the traffic jams in malaysia.. However there r quite a number of performance enthusiasts who r die hard MT users. There alot of advantage s of using manual eg; better fuel mileage , faster acceleration (harder launches) , full control of the veh during winding roads (yummy!), better hill climbing abillity , cheaper and lesser maintenance and repair cost, etc..

But u ll be damn glad if there is a massive traffic jam upfront coz u r in an auto car, hehehe..:driver::proud:
Anyways, my main concern is will our ori auto engine ecu goes haywire/crazy if it unable to detect the AT ecu during its operations?

Comments anyone?
a32 ecu is all in one unit or seperate? i nvr see real one b4 :confused:

during jam time u can see fuel meter moving together with others meter :driver:

sb3

Apr 22, 2005
a32 ecu is all in one unit or seperate? i nvr see real one b4 :confused:

during jam time u can see fuel meter moving together with others meter :driver:
A32 ecu is one unit of its own but if your car c/w an autobox it will have another ecu for the auto box which will be linked to the engine ecu.:confused: By unplugging at AT connector harness will it confuse the engine ecu thus making it to run rough or something . Have checked with 2 mechanic and they told me that it will be ok..:nurse:

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
A32 ecu is one unit of its own but if your car c/w an autobox it will have another ecu for the auto box which will be linked to the engine ecu.:confused: By unplugging at AT connector harness will it confuse the engine ecu thus making it to run rough or something . Have checked with 2 mechanic and they told me that it will be ok..:nurse:
if g/box ecu unplug, will ecu warning light on?

sb3

Apr 22, 2005
if g/box ecu unplug, will ecu warning light on?
There r some ppl in the states have already done without much of a fuss. they just quote that after the swap if you can start the car and engage all the gears smoothly u r on the right track.

Seizai , would it be convenient if u could upload your engine compartment
and your manual gear lever so that i can have a better view of the manual car?
Thanks.

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
There r some ppl in the states have already done without much of a fuss. they just quote that after the swap if you can start the car and engage all the gears smoothly u r on the right track.

Seizai , would it be convenient if u could upload your engine compartment
and your manual gear lever so that i can have a better view of the manual car?
Thanks.
still under construction :sleep:

replace h/lamp rm450, 2 bonet abs rm200 yesterday :driver:

dunno bumper fix not :sleep:

pic here - http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-cefiro-club-malaysia/246614-my-cefiro.html

Last edited by a moderator:

sb3

Apr 22, 2005

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
Oh U mean its not completed yet ?

Is ur ori engine auto?

The halfcut on has 78k on it , its still quite new . U r very lucky. U did not take the gear lever?

Anyways keep us informed once its completed, thanxs.:itsme:
car at penang, i at kl =.=

78k old loh... when i bought h/cut the gear pedal is not installed, big hole there :driver:

ori one 3.0l auto, downgrade so much dunno jpj pass not :rolleyes:

sb3

Apr 22, 2005
car at penang, i at kl =.=

78k old loh... when i bought h/cut the gear pedal is not installed, big hole there :driver:

ori one 3.0l auto, downgrade so much dunno jpj pass not :rolleyes:
I think downgrade should be ok loh, Roadtax got reduce ah?

i remember you told us u send your car for engine change b4 raya , now its almost 1 mth already bro, any problem?:confused::confused:

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
I think downgrade should be ok loh, Roadtax got reduce ah?

i remember you told us u send your car for engine change b4 raya , now its almost 1 mth already bro, any problem?:confused::confused:
all things done... now waiting painting...

damn long time...

seizai

Jul 27, 2005
Hey guys , need some advice from the ceffie sifus. I am planning to swap a manual gearbox to my felio. Have anyone done it b4? Will there be any mechanical or electrical fault. Help/advice needed

TIA.:confused::idea::confused:
bro change to MT already? :driver:

can wira se 1.5 throttle body VDO type change to 1.5 MMC type need any modification on wiring and ECU?? how much it cost? recommend place pls.... VDO type throttle body is suck always got problem clean few time d still the same problem come out... acceleration less and delay....