Manual Transmission for A32

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Hey guys , need some advice from the ceffie sifus. I am planning to swap a manual gearbox to my felio. Have anyone done it b4? Will there be any mechanical or electrical fault. Help/advice needed

TIA.:confused::idea::confused:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
according to my friend at sp.... he just test drive my car there n its si be powerfulll :biggrin:
I believe so coz if u r drivin a 3.0 = 210 hp or if 2.0 = 155hp , so if manual u get to feel the horses on every gear but our auto hmmm.. When I climb the Genting Highland hill i got so frustrated coz i got overtaken by a Toyota Camry 2.4v ! Damn:banghead::bawling::rofl:. I will be planning to swap the manual gearbox very soon!:smokin::slug:

cgui

500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
Setapak
how easy is it to get a manual tranny in KL? i dun think there are a lot of it ... very rare item

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
feel ur pain,juz like trying to get a manual set for e36...

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
on floor one may be hv... but mostly h/cut come in malaysia one AT...

may be MT no much market

try talk to h/cut tauke ask them find one...

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
on floor one may be hv... but mostly h/cut come in malaysia one AT...

may be MT no much market

try talk to h/cut tauke ask them find one...
Nowadays car buyer would prefer auto transmission maybe because of the traffic jams in malaysia.. However there r quite a number of performance enthusiasts who r die hard MT users. There alot of advantage s of using manual eg; better fuel mileage , faster acceleration (harder launches) , full control of the veh during winding roads (yummy!), better hill climbing abillity , cheaper and lesser maintenance and repair cost, etc..

But u ll be damn glad if there is a massive traffic jam upfront coz u r in an auto car, hehehe..:driver::proud:
Anyways, my main concern is will our ori auto engine ecu goes haywire/crazy if it unable to detect the AT ecu during its operations?

Comments anyone?

Last edited:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Nowadays car buyer would prefer auto transmission maybe because of the traffic jams in malaysia.. However there r quite a number of performance enthusiasts who r die hard MT users. There alot of advantage s of using manual eg; better fuel mileage , faster acceleration (harder launches) , full control of the veh during winding roads (yummy!), better hill climbing abillity , cheaper and lesser maintenance and repair cost, etc..

But u ll be damn glad if there is a massive traffic jam upfront coz u r in an auto car, hehehe..:driver::proud:
Anyways, my main concern is will our ori auto engine ecu goes haywire/crazy if it unable to detect the AT ecu during its operations?

Comments anyone?
a32 ecu is all in one unit or seperate? i nvr see real one b4 :confused:

during jam time u can see fuel meter moving together with others meter :driver:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
a32 ecu is all in one unit or seperate? i nvr see real one b4 :confused:

during jam time u can see fuel meter moving together with others meter :driver:
A32 ecu is one unit of its own but if your car c/w an autobox it will have another ecu for the auto box which will be linked to the engine ecu.:confused: By unplugging at AT connector harness will it confuse the engine ecu thus making it to run rough or something . Have checked with 2 mechanic and they told me that it will be ok..:nurse:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
A32 ecu is one unit of its own but if your car c/w an autobox it will have another ecu for the auto box which will be linked to the engine ecu.:confused: By unplugging at AT connector harness will it confuse the engine ecu thus making it to run rough or something . Have checked with 2 mechanic and they told me that it will be ok..:nurse:
if g/box ecu unplug, will ecu warning light on?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
if g/box ecu unplug, will ecu warning light on?
There r some ppl in the states have already done without much of a fuss. they just quote that after the swap if you can start the car and engage all the gears smoothly u r on the right track.

Seizai , would it be convenient if u could upload your engine compartment
and your manual gear lever so that i can have a better view of the manual car?
Thanks.

Last edited:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
There r some ppl in the states have already done without much of a fuss. they just quote that after the swap if you can start the car and engage all the gears smoothly u r on the right track.

Seizai , would it be convenient if u could upload your engine compartment
and your manual gear lever so that i can have a better view of the manual car?
Thanks.
still under construction :sleep:

replace h/lamp rm450, 2 bonet abs rm200 yesterday :driver:

dunno bumper fix not :sleep:

pic here - http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/the-cefiro-club-malaysia/246614-my-cefiro.html

Last edited by a moderator:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Oh U mean its not completed yet ?

Is ur ori engine auto?

The halfcut on has 78k on it , its still quite new . U r very lucky. U did not take the gear lever?

Anyways keep us informed once its completed, thanxs.:itsme:
car at penang, i at kl =.=

78k old loh... when i bought h/cut the gear pedal is not installed, big hole there :driver:

ori one 3.0l auto, downgrade so much dunno jpj pass not :rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How abt a car's timing belt's life??
my kelisa is going to 70,000km...should i change my timing belt at this time??
and the how much of changing the belt probably???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience