Jeff Zwart’s run up Pikes Peak w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

If it wasn’t amazing enough that Jeff Zwart drove his weapon of choice 1,822km to the starting point of the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb Challenge, he also smashed his time from last year in what was effectively a bone stock, street legal Porsche 911 GT2 RS which, although had more power, was still a street legal machine compared to his ride last year, a track spec Porsche GT3 Cup Car. His time for this year was 11:07.869, 24 seconds quicker than last year.

Though he lost out on the overall title in the 2WD Time Attack class to his good friend Rod Millen, who reached the chequered flag just three seconds ahead of Zwart, Millen was behind the wheel of a full-prepped race car pushing over 700hp to the wheels that served as his son’ Rhys Millen’s Formula Drift car.

Nonetheless, considering the feat that Zwart pulled off, driving almost 2,000km to the starting point and notching a time like in what was effectively a street legal and stock car, he deserves more than the credit he has been given.

The short video chronicles his run up the mountain and captures the emotions of not only Zwart but the spectators at the top after he crosses the finish line. It’s definitely worth a watch.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TIpKtwvafto" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all. I see that the RadioStar section has little to no activity in the last few years. But I am hoping there are still folks out there monitoring it.

I have been given a new RS0591 and have installed it. Almost everything seems to work fine, except I problem trying to engage Turbo / Short Run.

The unit will flash the lights, and turn the LED on, but after a couple seconds the LED goes out, and when I turn off the key, the engine stops.

I presume the LED goes out first because...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience