Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha...

Besides, with the club making record turnover n handsome profit, i really hope the club top mgt wil think of ways to 'pay back' those match goers by scrapping off the 'automatic' buying schemes for Cups matches on those season ticket holders... Lotsa fans complaint tht, the club deducted their $$$ from their bank accounts in order to 'force' them buy the Cups matches... Else, they wil risk their season ticket allocation goes to other ppl next season...

Mmm... If am the fan who's staying in Manchester, myself wil b pissed off too if it happened to me... Yep, i understand by doing so the club wil hv guarantee incomes for all Cups matches other than EPL games... But it might not go down well for fans who r hving tight budget...

Knowing tht after the Glazer family take over, ticket prices hv been on the rise since then... With the profit now, i hope the top mgt wil do something to 're-pay' back to the fans... Make everyone happy, fans r the club BIGGEST asset... With them supporting the club through many generation, then the club can growth bigger... :biggrin:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Not happening mate, prices will only ever go up. Besides, the Glazers have massive debts to pay off, incurred when they bought United. Other than that they need to spend on the club and the team. So, really, it isn't going to get cheaper for football supporters. I guess fans have to look on the bright side, because they pay less than what Arsenal and Chelsea fans have to pay (teams in London have way higher ticket prices than United) to watch the best team in the world.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
hmmm...
i actually think that the price has gone down a little compared to the early of the decade.
u know, those Zidane and Figo time, where world record after world record was broken.
It's only Chelshit's that paying exorbitant sum currently.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
You're talking about a different thing mate, that's the transfer market. As far as costs to the football fan is concerned, it is going up not down.

As far as the transfer market is concerned, it is still pretty damn high. We paid big money for 2 young, unproven, talented youngsters just recently. We paid top dollar for blokes like Carrick and Hargreaves. Zidane and Figo went for world record proces because they were THE top players in their prime at the time and Real wanted them bad enough. If lets just say someone decides they want to buy Ronaldo, you better believe that the amount of money it will require is nothing short of a blowing the record to pieces.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Ticket prices do not come down doenst matter, what i means is the club shld scrap off their 'Automatic' buying schemes for the club Cups games... They r currently 'forcing' season ticket holders to 'buy' it by deduction the $$$ straight from the fans account... For this, the top mgt shld do something n think of other ways to promote the Cups games...

For me, i think the 30mil pounds fee tht v gonna pay for Tevez is way too high!!! Am not sure this amount do include the player salary package not... Tevez is world class, but over 30mil pounds is a bit too much!!! V shld b shopping btw the range of 15-25mil pounds unless someone is as talented as Rooney or Ronnie!!! Say Kaka... Hehehe...

So, for what Spurs is asking for Berbatov now is a 'No go' for me too... I think SAF hv missed the ship on Berbatov now, as he failed to land the striker in the summer when he was 'jus' priced at ard 20mil pounds... So i think the chance of landing the talented Bulgarian hv past us by... Too bad... In some sense for me, he is like our Cantona... Skillful with quick thinking during tight situation, an eye for goal, bringing other players into the game & very moody!!! Hahaha... I would really love him to b in our team... Sigh!!!

So... By looking at the situation, Huntelaar is the onli 1 tht currently tick all the boxes for us... Right pricing, young age, skillful, lotsa 1st team experience, tall n big!!! So go for him, SAF i beg u!!! :adore::adore::adore: Move for him ASAP b4 the price being hike up again!!!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
What I mean is that the club will try to make more and more money, for various reasons, notably rising costs, and most importantly debts. Anything that will ensure they make more, won't go away and that includes the automatic seasonal ticket scheme.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
What I mean is that the club will try to make more and more money, for various reasons, notably rising costs, and most importantly debts. Anything that will ensure they make more, won't go away and that includes the automatic seasonal ticket scheme.
If tht's the case, too bad... V might lose some of the old supporters who hv been there for many yrs, as i really think the situation is getting worst in some sense.. Sigh!!!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
LoLzzzzzzzzzz... :rofl:

And their group is getting bigger too... Last time there were jus 2-3 of them, but now i think v hv abt 5 Singhs there!!! Cool n Bravo to them!!! Really envy them for being able to attend all Red Devils hom matches!!! The 6-0 thrashing of Magpies must b a great great night for them!!!

:party:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Reading away for us this Sat, and our previous 5 meeting suggested tht it wil not b easy for us... As v all know, Reading is a tough nut to crack especially they r at hom... But what's encouraging for us is their recent form hv been sucky!!!

V need to win this game in order for us to stay on top, v failed last time when v were here... Besides Brown coming back into the team, am expecting it wil b the same in all other position... Yep, Carrick with Anderson in the middle dictating our play n setting our game tempo... Hopefully Carrick wil b able to build on his good form n hv another great show for us again... With Hargo now back fit n waiting on the wing, Carrick need to do his best to keep his place in the team...

Defensive wise, v need to pay attention to Kitson, who r in scoring form for Reading... Then the set piece too, v must b alert on it as v tends to concede goals from free kicks... WHU game as our prime example...

With S. Coppell single out Ronnie as their biggest threat, they wil b putting players on him... But with Rooney n Tevez ard, v shld hv no problem as long as they stick to our passing game plan than wanna to walk the ball into the net on their own as in the 1st half of th Newcastle game...

Looking for a 2-0 away win by hoping Anderson wil get on to the scoresheet!!! :biggrin: Go Go Go!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad tht finally the Twin Brazillian full backs r joining us next Moday... But they wil not b able to play until next season... They r 17 now, and i think it wil take at least a yr of bedding time b4 they can play for the 1st team...

With them in, v wil hv 4 SA players in the team... So our mgt got to b very careful while playing them as v got Anderson & Tevez in our book... V cant play more than 3 of them on the field at once...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
We ought to give Reading a proper stuffing after all their attempts at frustrating us, successfully no less.

Reading will get in United's face, play hard and defend with 10 men behind the ball. Their goal will be to disrupt and frustrate. But if United play to their capabilities and not play into Reading's plans, we can stuff them, comprehensively for all the previous results.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
actually credit has to be given to Reading.
Instead of parking a bus in front of their own goal, they actually commited 10 men to attack us.
What a rare sight.
Maybe the other lower placed team should learn from Reading.
Yes they still lost to us eventually but at least in a proper manner and had luck been on their side they could have scored a goal or two.

First half was very poor - defensively.
Ferdinand was again caught off guard and was turned by the lifely Lita.
I am not sure whether VDS should have came out.
But thank god Vida was there to save our asses(again). Carrick also did well to track back to help out.
Speaking of which, i think Carrick had a decent game again. But on a few occasions his indecisiveness in front of the penalty box was quite frustrating. He could be more selfish and whacked the ball himself instead of trying to find someone to pass and got dispossesed. That said, it's evident that his passing are up to mark and he made a few great tackles as well - one most notably by the end of the game in front of our own box. Great saving tackle.
And i think Hargreaves had a great game too. He needs more matches, seriously. It's a shame his freekick didn't go in. But credit to their keeper.

By the way, did u guys see SAF's face 5 minutes before the interval?
Wah...so damn red man. It must be due to that Ferdinand and VDS trying to do some comedy for everyone.
I think inside the dressing room at half time, sure Tsunami happened. haha.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Well, Reading thought about it and decided that the best defence was offence, and looking at the players available to Steve Coppell, it was true. Instead of sitting there waiting to be slaughtered, they went for it. Admirable.

And for most of the match, they were in it. Although that has as much to do with our poor finishing and decision making in the final third as anything else. Reading did get a few decent chances, also thanks to our defence losing concentration. They did create a few good opportunities though and troubled our defences a bit, credit to them.

Our defences did keep us in it on a day our attack misfired. I have no idea how many chances we missed. Our starting midfield wasn't up to scratch either. Which was part of the reason Reading were giving us so much trouble, we fail to keep possession and keep control in the middle. It is inexcusable. A top team and we would be in deep deep trouble. I beg to differ about Hargreaves, I thought he was horrible. Running around aimlessly and generally causing more confusion than help. Carrick, who was actually good in the match, was not help by Hargreaves headless chicken ways. He couldn't understand what the hell Hargreaves was trying to do and therefore got lost a bit. Park was also way way poor.

Only after Giggs was introduced did our midfield settle a bit. Giggs gave purpose to the midfield and he got the ball from defence to attack, which the midfield failed to do in the 1st half. Hargreaves, needs to know his role. He is a limited player. He is supposed to break up play and make the simple pass. Don't try anything fancy. Carrick was a whole lot better with Giggs helping out and Hargreaves did less of the stuff he wasn't supposed to do.

Thankfully, we did take one of the many chances we created and it was a quite delightful finish from Rooney. Perfect pass from Tevez also. Was very dissapointed with our play after that though. We should have kept the ball and not lose it so cheaply and we almost paid for it when Reading went agonisingly close to equalising. And yet we continued to lose the ball and failing to score the killer second goal despite huge chances until at the very end via Ronaldo.

All in all I have to say we were slightly fortunate and we got to play better than that. Midfield needs to be tighter and the offence needs to be more clinical.

Lopot

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
K.L
Visit site
Yup we are lucky enough to win the match. Well sometimes you need lady luck on your side to become a champion. I just hope that SAF don't gamble again by not fielding his best player (in this case Park over giggs and hagreaves ober anderson) when facing minnows team. It happens several times this season and some has caused us dearly (vs bolton and hammers) .These team always play their heart out when facing Man Utd because for them, if they get a draw or win that will be a performance to be remembered for life.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Lopot, i believe u need to rotate bro...
u can't be playing the same team for the whole season, can you?
Otherwise the depth of the squad would be meaningless.

Silver, i agree with you on Hargreaves - offensively.
But defensively, i don't know(shrugs) i thought he did fine. He did well to break up Reading's rhythm and stayed anchor at the bottom of our midfield when we attacked. Offensively yes, way off.
I think what SAF tried to do was to play Carrick as the offensive midfielder which is usually being played by Anderson and Scholesy whereas Hargreaves took Carrick's usual role.
Carrick has the ability to be the playmaker/attacking midfielder, then again he lacks aggresion/explosiveness and urgency. He's too 'elegant' in a way.
That said, i do not think this will be his permanent role with Anderson and Scholesy around.
He will still be the anchorman and will swap around with Hargreaves.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last week we brought you renderings of the upcoming BMW 1 Series M Coupe, and now the man behind that, Gerald Alvarez, has pieced together the upcoming BMW M5 F10 based on spy shots and other artists impressions.

The rendering couldn't be that far off the real thing as it is pretty detailed, but for an M5 it looks somewhat mellow compared to the E60 and E39 M5 models. There's the usual M upgrades of an...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience