Let's talk about new VQ Engine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Actually...V-engines are supposed to be able to produce more torque, cos they waste less power... :smile:

Ultimately, it's not really the configuration of the engine that makes it good, or no good. It's the engineering that comes with the engine.

Every engine comes with it's own advantages and disadvantages, so it's difficult to really compare. Take, for example, air distribution through the manifold. In-line engines have certain difficulties balancing out the air flow, but then, so do V and Boxer engines. Ultimately, it all boils down to the design and construction of the manifold, and the flow efficiency of the head.

In-line motors may be easier to repair and service cos the positioning is perfect for front-wheel applications if compared to the V in our ceffys. Then again, if the ceffy was a rear wheel drive, the V would be perfect in terms of ease of repair and balance.

So, you can't really say one class of engine is better than another. What we CAN debate is whether one class of engine is better for a particular application. Or compare the power potential vs. weight or difficulty to achieve power, of one engine compared to another.

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Oh ok thanks for the engthy explanation, really appreciate it...

so xifu Deffy planning to mod your ceffy to become RWD ka? Then all of us can convoy to Genting ka, Cameron ka, then all of us can teropong from up the hill see you drift , right ong? :beer:

Hmm imagime the look on people's face when they see A32 or A33 starting to drift :shocked:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
I wish! If I could, I'd turn it into a full time 4WD...but alas...Malaysian law... :sad_smile:

As for an A32 or A33 starting to drift...been done before...except that they called it a "skid"... :laugh:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
defcon...forget about the law la...just mod n keep ur ceffy...afterall, we cant get much it looking at the 2nd hand car values...i intend to pass this cefiro to my son when he is 17...:biggrin:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Well...considering what the engineers did to the ceffy...turning it into a competent sports saloon will take some skill.

a) Replacing the rear with a Mcphearson multilink. Easy to design, difficult to install.

b) Propeller shaft to the rear, and the rear diff. This will not be easy to calculate.

...doable, but definitely get stopped by the first roadblock I come to... :sad_smile:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ongteckweng said:
deffy...dont worry...day time drive ur wifey's myvi...night time...ur monster ceffy with fake plate no..:biggrin:
Hmmmm....like illegal Jln Pekeliling night racer only... :rofl:

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
defcon1 said:
Hmmmm....like illegal Jln Pekeliling night racer only... :rofl:
Xifu Deffy, by the time you're done modding your Monster Ceffy the law will have hard time catching up with you just like your Celica times :biggrin:

Then can skid, drift ... err .... fly at 300 km/hr ?

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Just found out that Nissan South Africa develope a VQ34DE loh!! for 4x4 Rally

The VQ race engine seriously looks garang!! black and check out the twin throttle body!!! our VQ don't have it yet! (not until the HR series).

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Check this out!!!

http://www.nissan-dakar.com/EN/RACE/SUPERGT2006/NISSAN/MACHINE/index.html

Z33 for GT500

Length 4625mm
Width 1940mm
Wheelbase 2650mm
Tread (front) 1640mm
Tread (rear) 1635mm
Vehicle weight 1100Kg
Engine type VQ30DETT
Engine displacement 2997cc
Maximum output 500 ps (min)/5600 rpm
Maximum torque 72 Kgm (min)/4000 rpm
Turbocharger Twin turbo
Clutch 5.5" carbon triple plate
Transmission type Trans-axle type, 6-speed sequential
Brakes (front) Bench-rated disks
Brakes (rear) Bench-rated disks
Suspension (front) Double wishbone
Suspension (rear) Double wishbone
Drive system 2WD(FR)
Wheels (front) 13.0J×18
Wheels (rear) 13.0J×18
Tires (front) 330/40R18
Tires (rear) 330/40R18

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all

My current fog lamp:

I just purchased this and want to install it:

I went to a mechanic, he said...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience