KL going to build a magnetic high speed railway to JB?

anthenna

Known Member
Jan 28, 2009
lol... in the end will it be implemented is still unknown...

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
If you been to shanghai maybe you could have tried the magnetic high speed train from the airport....it was used to travel like 400kmh few years ago and last year tune down to 300kmh for safety.....pretty fast transport

but they said these 3 projects cost rm1billion....which is quite low for magnetic railways projects.....i think it will be a big project as the railway need to as straight as possible for high speed travel....i think it should cost atleast rm2billion....hope they use china speed to build the railway, not malaysia speed...

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
Most propably they will use 'malaysian pricing', 1B project become 5B project! Hehehe i heard of this magnetic train, but i thought it was just rumors.. Isnt all the destination considered short distance? I mean magnetic bullet trains usually are for far destination, if not it might not reach its full speed.. Btw im not an expert in this, might be wrong, and im willing to hitch a ride and enjoy the 300km/h journey! Hehe cant wait!

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
pricing wasnt that fuss in developed countries but for malaysian it could be hard to set a break even pricing. I guess they need to sell like rm200 per ride from KL-JB, but not sure how many people will willing to pay for that 1.5 hours ride and the train stations location will also determine the competitiveness of these magnetic services.

for the 5 mins ride in shanghai long yang station to air port the price is like rmb$50 which is around rm$25 but for long distance should be more economical.I remember when i was at the speed of 400kmh, i cant even see the cars on the road next to the railway properly.....i guess it is a safer way to let you imagine how would 400kmh land speed look like without sitting in bugatti veyron.

there was no long distance magnetic train in the world yet, it was too expensive for the germans to develop it into market and china bought the technology and trying to apply it. Shanghai is building one longer distance magnetic railway now but it will compete against china own national high speed railway now.China are trying to link the major cities with 350kmh high speed railway now, this project is costing around rm20b. The first high speed railway from guangzhou to wuhan just started to operate last month and already facing competition with domestic flights.

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
is this the double tracking project? its been in talks for many MANY years already. having such an advanced transportation infrastructure is good but we all know that great infrastructures requires great maintenance. if major highways can have cracks every year and requires constant repairs, what about trains that travel at 300kmh? :confused:

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
What i heard is china will responsible to build the magnetic railway (not malaysian sub con) and even financing the cost to build this project. They have signed an agreement to build the testing platform in malaysia at 10th January.

China is developing the 2nd generation magnetic train which can travel at 500-700kmh as normal speed and max speed is 1000kmh ...???!!!

¤j¤½ºô

But i guess what malaysian government worry about is the influcne of chinese in the country. China is battling with American and trying to make friends in the region.

And if china really take charge on the project, the building speed could be really really fast. They can complete high speed railways and train stations across 3000km within 2 years. Even the hollywood boys also show their respect in the movie 2012.

But i hope we will have the 500-700kmh magnetic train connecting KL and JB....so we can travel from KL to JB as easy as going from KL to Shah Alam.

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
What i heard is china will responsible to build the magnetic railway (not malaysian sub con) and even financing the cost to build this project. They have signed an agreement to build the testing platform in malaysia at 10th January.

China is developing the 2nd generation magnetic train which can travel at 500-700kmh as normal speed and max speed is 1000kmh ...???!!!

¤j¤½ºô

But i guess what malaysian government worry about is the influcne of chinese in the country. China is battling with American and trying to make friends in the region.

And if china really take charge on the project, the building speed could be really really fast. They can complete high speed railways and train stations across 3000km within 2 years. Even the hollywood boys also show their respect in the movie 2012.

But i hope we will have the 500-700kmh magnetic train connecting KL and JB....so we can travel from KL to JB as easy as going from KL to Shah Alam.
technology isn't the problem here. the 2 major problem is price of the tickets and also maintenance. if its too expensive, people will still drive or fly. even if we have the 500kmh train, its half the speed of an airplane but if the price is similar or even more expensive than flying air asia/mas/firefly, then the general public won't be taking the train.

on top of that, i am also assuming that a GLC will be in control because if a private company is involved, the govt can't 'control' the prices. the trade-off may be sub par maintenance by govt contractors as we often see in the news.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
is this the double tracking project? its been in talks for many MANY years already. having such an advanced transportation infrastructure is good but we all know that great infrastructures requires great maintenance. if major highways can have cracks every year and requires constant repairs, what about trains that travel at 300kmh? :confused:
Dat double trekking project been going for years and boatloads money spent with promises after promises about the launch, but launch date keep getting put back becoz they can't seem to complete.

Until now, still no proper commute services plying the routes becoz apparently those idiots did not acquire enough carriages. Unbelievable.

Can't even complete old projects, then for wafark they want now to think about hi-speed Maglev system ?

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
Dat double trekking project been going for years and boatloads money spent with promises after promises about the launch, but launch date keep getting put back becoz they can't seem to complete.

Until now, still no proper commute services plying the routes becoz apparently those idiots did not acquire enough carriages. Unbelievable.

Can't even complete old projects, then for wafark they want now to think about hi-speed Maglev system ?

simple enough for those bugger, more project = more tender = more sub con = more $$$$$$

they just need to keep running new projects and then naza can sell more cars..:biggrin:

for old and still not fix up project? dont give a damn unless there is new tender for abang adik.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Earlier this week, I had the privilege to be invited by Lamborghini Kuala Lumpur to have a super exclusive preview of the cars on display, including of course the latest Bull in the stable: the Aventador LP700-4. Unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this year, the Aventador is the replacement for the out-going Murciélago model. As can be expected, this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience