Keep my wira a/b 4g91 or change to waja yr 2000

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mosh

Known Member
Hi all

im driving a yr 96 wira a/b but just convert to 4g91 auto recently. my uncle is driving a 2000 waja auto. he would like to sell his car and asked me if im intrested to buy from him.
my concern on this was the FC for both car. im driving a 4g91A and i wud say, FC ok la.. not that good but bit better la then the prev carb engine. i wud like to ask you guys on how is the FC for waja yr 00 auto compare to wira a/b 4G91 as i never drive a waja before.. it its quite the same or diffrent ? .
i wud mind to sell off my wira 4g91 and buy the waja from my uncle if waja FC bit improved than my 4g91. buying brand new car is not an option for me as i dun want to add more long term loan. im just wondering on the FC comparison between the two car as i have not driven a waja before. thanks :driver:

both total diff car ...
wira the driver view better ... and the fc from a 91A i don't think that high .... maybe a stand-alone or piggback will make your ride happier ... stick to wira i would suggest for me lah ... waja quite FC high lah ... my dad waja FC quite high .... single cam ma .... campro waja i dunno la ....

yeah.. i will stick to my wira 4g91.

i tried the waja for a week. the ride is better than my wira and the space is ,well bigger. more higher feel then the wira even thou my wira setup is kindda high but not so high like those rally wannabe...

but.. yes, its consume petrol more than my 4g91.. :banghead: and that is suck.. well, stick to my wira anyway.. :driver:

bro,y not try change the aluminium crank shaft pulley,,,will make your car easy to move and i think will get betterf FC...u can change the lower arm front and rear to better one ,so u car will more better drive than waja...like me,i think my car will be better to waja...rear lower arm EVO full set...really much better than ori...front damage already but haven't decide to change out...haha...
my car also wira 4G91...

evo lower arm eh ? shud be expensive lerr but dunno when compare to brand new wira set... which one is more cheaper ? i buy brand new wira 1.5 lower arm or halfcut evo one ?

Waja can be more economical if it's manual, but auto, you'll be well off without the waja.
Wira with 4G91 power plant is already a fun machine. Wira has better build quality, better interior material quality, better seating position, more reliable than the waja. Waja has the worst seat, wrongly positioned switches, poor cabin material, poor cabin design. The earlier version with the mitsubishi engine is quite okay, but the later version with campro engine will spell disaster if you're not lucky enough.
Nothing about waja ever cought my attention - it's my official outstation vehicle so I knew it well and I tend to hate it more and more

im using waja 2nd 2002 1.6A and also an owner of wira 1.5 manual (4G15)..
im not sure if some people say wira handling better than waja.. but because i have both what i can say waja is a lot better in handling, interior and soundproofing...
for fc.. my auto consume 12.5km/l ... 50% highway , 50% city..
and my wira manual around that figure...

so u decide ur self...

but if u r first time using waja, u'll feel hating it as u feel the handling too sharp, stiff, heavy stering, high seat position and u'll compare with ur old wira.. but believe me.. when u already like the waja.. u'll feel the wira seat position is odd... even the handling can't match with waja...

oh yeah... waja fc for manual can go 14~15km/l... very good compare blm,,, :biggrin:

Dear wch5274, You're using the ancient 4G15 and we are talking about 4G91 wira. Handling wise maybe yes but It's totally two different thing. Quality wise, touch your wira dashboard, the plastic is soft and better quality, in waja it's more like toilet seat. In waja, you'll find plastics fallen apart, broken door handle, cheap and misplaced switches, hard and clumsy seat, air vents made from garbage bin, arm operated power window switches, bumpy rear, rear tyre munching, the understeer in high speed corners and most of all it's utterly ugly.
Wira might be out dated but I love that old wira more. I have a waja for my official duties and my 14 year old daughter once said, "The worst ride from Kuantan to KL ever, stupid seat, whose the idiot who designed this car..." she never complained about my previous wira 1.6 or my previous satria 1.6, or not to mention my current lancer, or my current little Charade Detomaso, or my current nippy little Savvy. For waja, I'm using one and I hate it even it's provided to me for free

i own a Waja 2004 with 4G18 Manual and also drive my company car.. wira 1.5 1997 convert to
4G91 Auto.

wira has better built in terms of accesories ; power window, switches and door handle...the plastic dashboard also looks more expensive; i guess slightly better material from waja since material price was cheaper in the 90's during japanese qc. air cond is cooler too.

i guess the 4g18 auto will give worst fuel consumption compared to 4g91 auto.. but the 4g18 manual gives good fuel consumption; (RM 70 for 550km with 50% city and 50% highway driving but ensure you are light footer and dont drive above 100km/h... also need to change the catalyzer to center box type) The 4g91 auto gives RM 70 for 450km for same driving condition.
data for petrol price: rm1.80/liter

i have only a few complains about waja... the accesories do give problem; like the door handle, switches, power window...) but air cond still cold ; although it is poorly designed to cool the passenger side; the driver side very cold... so tinting the car will help and change the air cond vent to the campro type; you can direct more air to passenger side... the power window ...if break....find an accesory shop to modify and fit in the wira's power window system..problem solved.... but this car has tendency to give small small accesory problems....

but the engine is powerfull with adequate torque.. it is quite compared to 4g91. it does not heat up as fast as 4G91 engine.. and 4g91 engine sometimes has annoying tepet sound....the body built also is stronger than a wira 1.5....

handling...of course waja has better handling... if you talk about taking a corner at 140km/h with a wira and waja... a modified wira will of course win...cause wira is lower.... lagi rendah - lagi dekat pusat graviti maa.... but the ride is comfortable and you dont feel tired after a long journey...cause car is heavy...
when you drive a wira... you will notice car is stable at high speeds and cornering cause the car is low.... you can expect similar response from the waja..

for people...above 5 feet 10'' like me.... wira will be difficult to masuk and keluar,, cause its very low...but waja...is easy...you will feel the sits are placed smartly....

well...all this are my opinions.... but if you ask me.... if you prefer a more sporty ride with less continental feel,,, then keep your wira or go for a satria neo or pesona...

you wont see any dramatic difference if you upgrade from a wira to a waja....
both are still malaysian cars..... dont expect to have the feel of driving a lancer or civic if you purchase a waja... hehe

At last some one with facts and figures, your wira is a modiied wira, it's a better car..... Standard waja won't have any chance against it. It's value for money factor and the fun factor are the most appealing factors to my opinion. Much cheaper to maintain have more modern look than waja, with better bodykit choice from aftermarket bodikit or from its mitsubishi lancer siblings, very receptive to any mods, engine or bodyparts. Better choice!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom