Kancil 660 (M) major overhaul

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
l6 is kelisa engine, l9 baru move/kenari engine...
the engine is turbo manual comes complete with gbox just no bodypart.

blade63...wah to change 4 items + parts already quote... RM2.1k ah? that 1 really cut throat.
no laa bro L6 is from MOVE/KENARI its produced from 1995 to 1997 using code engine EF-GL,EF-ZL and JB-JL for 4piston and bodyframe E-L600s and L9 using EF-SE,EF-VE and JB-DET for 4piston its produced from 1998 to 2002 and bodyframe GF-L900s and the kelisa ts from storia using engine code EJ-DE,EJ VE and K3-VE and bodyframe using GF-M100S

The Daihatsu Move is a kei car, produced by Japanese automaker Daihatsu since August 1995. The Move is designed to be as tall as compact cars like the Suzuki Wagon R.The Move is built upon the chassis of the Daihatsu Cuore but with a taller body. The second generation Move (L900) used the same chassis as the first generation (L600). In 2002, the third generation Daihatsu Move (L150/L160) was introduced.

i think that engine to have make a little mod.
My last kancil but L5 4piston auto laaa....was using v6twinturbo plug,that standert air flow i throw away,that turbine i change and i using mazda rx7 turbine(im using this turbine coz its has a pick up and long distance) and the ekzos system im using ori L5 ekzos with a little mod that the back tabong i throw out and the sound very ROAR and my fren said its sound like a little VTEC....and that all i mod my L5 engine and the result that car can make bout 225km/h and the RPM can go to 11000rpm.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
OO ya ya..sorry its from move...slightly smaller then kenari/move.....
seen the halfcut before....
damn...how u get your l5 to do 225km.....sure u have titanium balls haha....in kancil 140kmh i goyang edi...
can l6 3piston use v6 twin turbo plugs?

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
OO ya ya..sorry its from move...slightly smaller then kenari/move.....
seen the halfcut before....
damn...how u get your l5 to do 225km.....sure u have titanium balls haha....in kancil 140kmh i goyang edi...
can l6 3piston use v6 twin turbo plugs?
aaaahhh...no hal laaa...coz for me all daihatsu engine is same only a difrent is bodyframe....

yup my pomen throw out the speed cut but i dont use any gadget like RSM or other only a boost meter ....that km/h i detac with gps...hehehehehe......can use a v6tt plug.....for me daihatsu engine i very easy to mod then other engine....but its expensive

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
many people didnt know that kancil, kelisa, kenari parts mostly expensive than saga/iswara/wira...
few month ago i rebuilt my brother l2s engine with also RM2k++ cost...i cant remember the listdown part but remember what i replace such as:

-72mm kelisa piston with ring
-reboring & piston cut down at machinary
-full ACL duraglide bearing
-Daihatsu overhaul gasket with metal head gasket
-full water pump pipe & hose
-water pump (better one than clone GMB)
-Daihatsu timing belt set
-Jasma racing clutch and clutch cover
-clutch bearing
-pair of TRW lower arm
-replace all front bushing
-TRD low temp thermostat & Buddyclub fan switch
-adjustable fuel regulator
-Tomei fuel rail
-2 piece Samco intercooler hose

other i cant remember or maybe thats all...all the part i bought by myself and full labour charges RM500 (fren price)...
all part bought brand new and including the labour my cost around RM2k++ but still far to reach RM3k...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
See Danz... these guys are lord of the kei... not me hahahah

If your bro is using the 4cyl version, then he got a point why he felt that L2 is better... since you have to rev the 4 cyl kaw kaw (there's a reason why 4cyl got nearly 9k rpm redline :love: )

me think that the 3cyl from a L6 or L9 (both were twin cam head) was a torque monster, if compared to L2 single cam head

I think is more because he's using engine lantai... ask him what kind of wiring/ecu that he used? don't get me wrong... I've seen conversions using engine lantai that consume lots more money just to get the same amount of performance as you bolt on the entire half cut

In term of power (or G force or pikap) as these kids nowaday speak of (my! I do felt old :bawling: )... L6/L9 is way torquer than L2 engine... 3 big cylinder (vs 4 small ones) + twin cam head generates more than the single cam one

Daihatsu Mira TR-XX (E-L200S-FMPX) spec
Daihatsu Move SR-XX (E-L610S-GMSZ2) spec
Daihatsu Move (L900S-GPSZ2) spec

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
papagoines,
my bro in law is using l6 3 piston.....another using l2 3 piston also...both complaint to me
that under powered...im yet to test their car.....another bro in law of mine told me to find for them tdo4-09 turbine from pajero..
he claims its plug & play is it true?

im not sure what kind of wiring is he using...how to check ah? the transplant only took 3 days for completion.

what other suggestions to make their l6 & l2 have better response?

any recommended workshop around ampang area?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
biggest bang for buck upgrade is the td04 diesel version.... not exactly plug and play though

search for "MEG Autoparts" at facebook. he's my foreman who alwaays repairs kancil... no other cars, also he a hafkat runner as well... very well verse in electronics but work rather slow since his business is a one man show... his shop near sekolah men dato ahmad razali

papagoines,
my bro in law is using l6 3 piston.....another using l2 3 piston also...both complaint to me
that under powered...im yet to test their car.....another bro in law of mine told me to find for them tdo4-09 turbine from pajero..

im not sure what kind of wiring is he using...how to check ah? the transplant only took 3 days for completion.

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
his is 3 piston, he bought engine lantai RM2.3k siap pasang + trade in old engine.
but is unhappy bout the performance compared with l2s. any potential mods for this l6 engine?
L2s engine have the highest torque of all 660cc engine made by daihatsu even its single cam. thats y he complain under powered.

papagoines,
if want better response just up the boost till 1bar or just before boost cut. if still not satisfy find RHF4 fit the standard turbine into it and try 1 bar first. RHF4 can withstand until 1.5 bar max. Try to run more than 1bar see whether his face have smile or not.. haha.. By the way upgrade the fueling system first just to be safe such fuel regulator.

could u enlighten me bout this tdo4 diesel version? is it td04-09 version from pajero?
ok thanks will look him up..
I think this turbo have larger turbine than the td0409, so if straight away install on 660T will have massive lag. TD0409 always come from pajero 4m40 if im not mistaken.. older version pajero will have TF035 which is the same as TD0409.. Some GSR also came with TD04, other car use this TD04 is wira diesel but i dont know much about this wira. I also encounter a TD04 that have two vacum nipple, this one is still mysterious to me.. haha

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
L2/L5 sohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 9.4 kg*m (92.18 N*m) / 4000 rpm

L5 dohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 10.2 kg*m (100.03 N*m) / 4000 rpm

L6 dohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 10.7 kg*m (104.93 N*m) / 4000 rpm

L9 dohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 10.9 kg*m (106.89 N*m) / 3200 rpm

so where L2 highest torque..?

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
:hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

L6
Power density : 11.88
Compression ratio : 8.5
Bore, mm : 68
Stroke, mm : 60.5

L2
Power density : 10.47
Compression ratio : 8

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

l2 is std.....
i think the gearbox laa..that L2 have LSD...that L6 don't have...my kancil L5 auto have a LSD

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
L2/L5 sohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 9.4 kg*m (92.18 N*m) / 4000 rpm

L5 dohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 10.2 kg*m (100.03 N*m) / 4000 rpm

L6 dohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 10.7 kg*m (104.93 N*m) / 4000 rpm

L9 dohc Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm : 10.9 kg*m (106.89 N*m) / 3200 rpm

so where L2 highest torque..?
my butt dyno and his bro in law laa.. haha.. 3 cylinder SOHC is more powerful. Sometimes internet info can be wrong too.

:hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

L6
Power density : 11.88
Compression ratio : 8.5

L2
Power density : 10.47
Compression ratio : 8

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

i think the gearbox laa..that L2 have LSD...that L6 don't have...my kancil L5 auto have a LSD
dont think have anything to do with LSD. Its the engine. U must take a ride in std EFJL then u'll know.

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
my butt dyno and his bro in law laa.. haha.. 3 cylinder SOHC is more powerful. Sometimes internet info can be wrong too.

dont think have anything to do with LSD. Its the engine. U must take a ride in std EFJL then u'll know.
i using L2 for 3 year to many mod on that engine but im not got feeling on that engine then im chance to L5 4piston...then i sold it to my fren he using that engine untill now have u ride using LSD gearbox? when use a LSD u get feeling from that gearbox and its very difrent then u using non LSD gearbox
if you says L2 is power why my L5 can beat L2?standert with standert. i left her bout 1 kilometer.
then i upgrade that L5 engine i can get 225km/h and the rpm can reach 11000 rpm and that is more then red line...but...when i upgrade that late L2 engine i only can get bout 195-200km/h only and the rpm can reach bout 1020rpm only....

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

my pomen also using L5 late he using L2 RV4 4wd lock 2wd half cut he said that L2 engine don't have feeling like L5. He engine cant reach 250km/h fully mod.....and he get 155.9 hp.....

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
i using L2 for 3 year to many mod on that engine but im not got feeling on that engine then im chance to L5 4piston...then i sold it to my fren he using that engine untill now have u ride using LSD gearbox? when use a LSD u get feeling from that gearbox and its very difrent then u using non LSD gearbox
if you says L2 is power why my L5 can beat L2?standert with standert. i left her bout 1 kilometer.
then i upgrade that L5 engine i can get 225km/h and the rpm can reach 11000 rpm and that is more then red line...but...when i upgrade that late L2 engine i only can get bout 195-200km/h only and the rpm can reach bout 1020rpm only....

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

my pomen also using L5 late he using L2 RV4 4wd lock 2wd half cut he said that L2 engine don't have feeling like L5. He engine cant reach 250km/h fully mod.....and he get 155.9 hp.....
moding is another topic bro.. this is abt std engine. Engine moding is very subjective. Have various depth also. If want to compare must compare apple to apple.
btw, i use L2 engine with LSD gb final drive change to 850gb.
about the LSD thing.. it does give different but not significant to std engine.. only minor traction improvement.

can i know why u tapau L2 until 1km? why test till that far.. hahaha..

budakkampungaje

Known Member
Dec 19, 2007
Dengkil
moding is another topic bro.. this is abt std engine. Engine moding is very subjective. Have various depth also. If want to compare must compare apple to apple.
btw, i use L2 engine with LSD gb final drive change to 850gb.
about the LSD thing.. it does give different but not significant to std engine.. only minor traction improvement.

yup i test L5 standert gaban no mod just buang speed cut and L2 also standert gaban same buang speed.....now my engine already mod....

good choice for fd 850....good for long distance.....

can i know why u tapau L2 until 1km? why test till that far.. hahaha..
not i tapau untill 1km...i left him behind bout 1km....1 thing bout L2 engine i very like is that spare part is cheap then L5&L9 4 piston....but L2 engine was good also...my fren was fully mod on L2 engine he get bout 119.8ps....

penagihdadih

Known Member
Feb 9, 2012
Shah Alam
not i tapau untill 1km...i left him behind bout 1km....1 thing bout L2 engine i very like is that spare part is cheap then L5&L9 4 piston....but L2 engine was good also...my fren was fully mod on L2 engine he get bout 119.8ps....
wow, very kuat.. i never dyno my car.. later scare the engine blow.. hahaha.. yeah, the parts are often use kancil.. can easily find anywhere.. :biggrin:

haz93

Known Member
Jun 20, 2010
Perlis
hehe i only use 12 years old stock 660 engine from perodua
someone can helpp me, why my aladdin lamp selalu menyala?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask if it is still ok to drive a car if the clutch fluid level drop below MIN level? currently my fluid got only half. thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience