juz a little help needed

d3ftones

Known Member
i will be given a toyota corolla LE very soon..planning to make an engine conversion.

my mechanic ask me to put on mr2 turbo engine 3sgte. so my question is wut is the difference between mr2 3sgte and celica 3sgte? which one is more powerful?

225 n 245 version is from wut car model? which spec version are most of the chop shop have?

i dunno how to make it 'cantik'..so i think proceed to 'laju' la. LE is light weight chassis ka? hmm.. anyone can help about the 3sgte?

I have LE also. The chassis will not be able to take the power of 3S-GTE.

Your chassis will not crack.

But one day when you drive fast, you'll loose control. You will crash.

Your life is yours, advice given.

tnx for the advice. btw, can jpj approve that conversion or not? won't potong the chassis to mount n put the engine.

if it is not possible to pass with jpj then might be thinking of 4agte.

3sgte on LE? dont play play with that engine, even i dont want that in my SEG... too heavy and handling not nice..

yes, if you want fast put 20v or supercharged.. or 4agte also can

yep from wut i heard 3s is heavy. but the big power output also cannot overcome the heavyness?

d3ftones said:
yep from wut i heard 3s is heavy. but the big power output also cannot overcome the heavyness?

What they meant by too heavy is not that it affects the power-to-weight ratio but instead, weight distribution of your car. EG. What might start of as 55%F-45%R might end up 65%-35% instead. Still, I dont think the 3sgte is too heavy... prolly around 130kg? 2cents :)

3SGTE in LE?? :eek: That sounds interesting, and for sure it will b a monster on the road but dude, it can be very danger. Like other says, the chasis will have a hard time to withstand the force coz that car was not made for that purpose, unless you strengthen the chasis 1st. Besides, you might have a hard time to control the car when boost kicks in...

A 4AGZE in LE will be sufficient enough to kick some serious butts out there, upgrade the suspension, brake system 1st, then think of cranking up the boost, and maybe a pair of street/race cams such as 272 & 264 on top of that.

just my opinion...:)

hi again guys,

well can i do like this..a sabahan guy put in 3sgte in his LE . the mod summary in page 3.
"Chasis - stichweld all front joint and installed braces to ensure front body wont twist under hi torque situations. (lesser body flex)"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827624/1

aiyak~ >_< cannot play 3sgte later wifey ask you choose also :D

but seriously, 3sgte will be abit overkill. sure if you strengthen the chasis, you get less body flex and improve handling abit. but being an FF car, having a heavier engine is always not good like what aEROz said, you will screw up your car's weight distribution and have alot of problem when you corner, especially understeer. unless you plan to use the car for drag racing or go fast in straight line only, and drive like my grandmother on the road, then okay lar :D

seriously, being a turbocharge engine, i mean the 4ag turbo, means you can get lots of power by just playing around with the boost. if you do not plan to boost your 3sgte to something like 400-500-600hp, i dun see the point really, cuz 4agte can easily match the 3s' horsepower, dun worry about the slightly lower torque cuz LE's chasis light bah..

just my 2 cent

Top Bottom