Just Asking u guys

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
can a standard vios with straight piping beat 1.8 DOCH wira,16'' rim,standard exhaust (only change the mufler). At 170km/h i still behind this vios....

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
no!! vios kenot match a 1.8LE wira not even on straights or drags..unless his vios is soup up inside. or mayb ur 1.8 engine not properly taken care off? many factors la bro....kenot say LE is bad and kenot say VIOS is bad also la...if not sure ppl will shoot me..ahahahhahaha:D

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
meet this vios at LDP from uptown to sunway..he tailgate me n then give light..so i give way to him..before potong he look at me n show thumbs down.Cucuk that vios n at 170km/h still can't potong balik...

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
guys, know thy enemy n know yourselves....

in other words, read up on the stock car model specs of wiras, vioses..etc. good for info also.

nowdays, i see kancil with BOV sound but i see the poor fella trying hard to go up a slope...(can they put in a BOV w/o turbo????)

i am curious. anyway, plus manuals r always faster than auto unless ur auto car is a V8/V6 lah. e.g i sat on a m/t vios in indonesia during a trip thr.

walau...fast nya..better than a/t vios anytime.

another e.g.

1 day i saw this normal looking mercedes c-class(peanut eye) parked normally onto its bay. its silver n normal looking with the exception of a 2 barrel muffler. i ingat normal, until i saw HUGE cross drilled brakes with 6 pot calipers on the 2 front wheels. rear wheels pun besar lah.

now, only 2 things can happen here:

1. the owner put in huge disc brakes to look cool or...
2. the cars packing in a 343? hp engine from AMG...u go figure out

with the AMG engine...i think evos n subarus also cannot keep up man...the stock ones lor.

this uncle a lot of money to spend man. rm400 n above....

bua hahahahhaha

reading for more info is good.

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
in this case i think this dude have a lot of money...buying new car n already mod them..
Is there any diffrents between 1.8 proton n 1.8 mmc?

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
there;s no way a 1.5 VVt-i can beat a 1.8 wira.

anyway..170km/h is a still can go speed..

eh,dude,you lepas accel or full thorttle?
ahahaha

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
no difference i think...am not sure.

anyway, in case u wanna know more about the 1.8 proton which shares the same engine as the GTI...heres a link for u

a couple of guys r selling supercharger kits for the protons, GTIs, putras, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 etc.

they have a forum here.

heres the link:http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=4389

last i read.....a Supercharged GTI 1.8 pumping out 163 hp with 220 Nm of torque...cool man.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
heard also, very GOOD low to mid range torque......walau eh..will have plenty of SC satrias, protons around leh

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
heard it before also..but i think with rm5500 better get those turbos rather than SC..
thought better stay with my NA because more power mean more speed.just speep up when i think it safe to do it n of course on the h/way.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
ok, lets discuss this with a very open mind, no flaming.

ideally, the vios will never be able to beat your 1.8 wira. when i say ideally, it means good launch, car in good condition, shift up at the right RPM and so on. thats if you compare a exhaust mod vios like his and a exhaust mod wira like yours.

however in reality, nothing is ideal. for all you know the vios got some heavy modification under his hood and is in sleeper mode. its hard to judge till you see wats underneath it. besides, there's all these small factors u have to take into consideration. he might be on light fuel load, and you're on heavy load. he might have off his aircon to gain some acceleration. and one important factor, condition of your car and the quality of modifications in it. i've used some really fucked up extractor + bullet with bad workmanship and my acceleration sucks big time. very laggy!

and not to forget one very important factor, how early he started to floor the throttle. u mentioned u let him go and he showed u the thumbs down. chances are, the moment u let him by, he was already full throttling and that means when you cut back into his lane and full throttle, you're basically at least 5 seconds late and that explains why you failed to overtake him even at 170kmh. sometimes when i try to accelerate to prevent a iswara or kelisa overtaking me, i can't even catch up with them coz from far they already started acceleration and carry the momentum while you're only building it up.

ziranath

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
bangsar,kl
Visit site
i'm using mivec extractor n combined it with my doch but haven't done the piping yet. could it be the factor i'm losing to that vios?any suggestion to increase power to my DOHC engine?

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Vious TURBO?!haha...anyway..1.8DOHC wont lose to a vios..nxt time full throttle only if saw this kind of lancy ass..(if its safety to speed at the road/highway)..

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
wei wei... my wira 1.5 also can cucuk vios le.... some more i no full trottle at 170kmh.. if wana over take sure can de... manual GB rule man... A/T sure no top speed 1.. some more u r 1.8 DOCH sure can win at high RPM next time make it 4th gear sure u can win 1...

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
hehehehe tokkok ler....until u met 1 particular vios...then see if ur wira 1.5 can cucuk it or not.....ahahhahaha....AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
oooii 170km/h on LDP dem dangerous lah!

somemore the vios driver gave u thumbs down meaning he is confident can tapau wira le

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
speed at ur own risk ...
ppl speed and lanc u let them go lar , just hope that their car crash can oledi

unless u think ur car can tapau them then go all da way lol j/k

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
SataniC said:
hehehehe tokkok ler....until u met 1 particular vios...then see if ur wira 1.5 can cucuk it or not.....ahahhahaha....AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
hei man i ever meet and ever cucuk vios at PLUS highway when on my way to ipoh....from jb...sure can y not i have stock 13", and some more is VDO 1.5 ecu 1...the slowest wira version .. and i ever run 190km/h.... chear.... but drive safe...

A Post Every 5 Mins

A fren of mine who's driving an older version of Honda City is having problems with his front absorbers. He's looking at changing to Monroe shocks that are branched to:
1) Sensa-Trac
2) Reflex

He's wondering which is better. He's not really into performance as he's looking more at comfort compared to performance (totally dislikes bumpy rides). I actually recommended stock suspensions but he wanted to try out something that has the best of both worlds that can provide both comfort with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience