jb-jl manual turbo and exzos to up grade..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

loupho

Mar 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
1) i wan to upgrade my turbo, but dont know what turbo is good for low and high RPM, i only know ihi and gerret. but there is so many number, td04 or some thing, even have from subaru forester mitsu v6 gsr. pls help..

2) then i wan to upgrade my exzos to 2inch but s flow or stright flow ? what about down paip ?

3) witch 1 to do 1st.. thanks..

oh.. my mec says that just change the turbo can all ready.. the injector or fuel pum dont need to change, ? is it true ? anything i need to do/change for the above upgrade ? thankssss:adore::adore::adore:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
depends on your target... frm what i've heard/read otais are doing if wanna get 100ps (std power is 64ps)

better to do it one time but if budget is of concerned, I suggest sthe order should be as follow
  1. exhaust: 2inch straight flow is good enuff..
  2. fueling system: leave injectors std but go for wira 1.6fuel pump.. adjustable fuel regulator is a must
  3. Turbo: IHI RHF4 from twin turbo Legacy or TD04-09b from pajero diesel.. when changing turbo, of course down pipe need custom maa... boost shud be 1 bar
  4. get a piggyback.. SAFC/eManage/Unichip etc... your pick...

1) i wan to upgrade my turbo, but dont know what turbo is good for low and high RPM, i only know ihi and gerret. but there is so many number, td04 or some thing, even have from subaru forester mitsu v6 gsr. pls help..

2) then i wan to upgrade my exzos to 2inch but s flow or stright flow ? what about down paip ?

3) witch 1 to do 1st.. thanks..

oh.. my mec says that just change the turbo can all ready.. the injector or fuel pum dont need to change, ? is it true ? anything i need to do/change for the above upgrade ? thankssss:adore::adore::adore:

loupho

Mar 9, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thanks.. but for 3 and 4,

3) so i can do the exzos 1st then only do the turbo together with the down paip ? ok.. i have heard that turbo from forester is ball bering is the legesi ball bering ? and for your own chose.. turbo from subaru better or mitsubishi better ?

4) the Emanage i can do it in the later stage right ?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
As I said, I'm just repeating what JB series otais & sifus are doing before hehe

but yeah, you can do the xhaust and later when u change turbo, just custom the downpipe only

In term of lag, from what I've heard RHF4 (ball-bearing) and TD04-09B (journal bearing) have the same lag.... ppl will say TD series are more robust then RHF since the TD series came from a diesel engine, which in theory spins more than RHF

Yes, Emanage (or any piggyback) can be installed and tuned later but you won't be getting 100% of the power increase since the a/f ratio & ignition are not tuned to the new turbo...

thanks.. but for 3 and 4,

3) so i can do the exzos 1st then only do the turbo together with the down paip ? ok.. i have heard that turbo from forester is ball bering is the legesi ball bering ? and for your own chose.. turbo from subaru better or mitsubishi better ?

4) the Emanage i can do it in the later stage right ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

GEARTURBINE PROJECT
Atypical InFlow Thermodynamic
Technology Proposal Submission
Novel Fueled Motor Engine Atypical Type

*State of the art Innovative concept Top system Higher efficient percent.
Have similar system of the Aeolipile Heron Steam device from Alexandria 10-70 AD. -New Form-Function Motor-Engine Device. Next Step, Epic Design Change, Broken-Seal Revelation. -Desirable Power-Plant Innovation...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience