Japanese boys

Cow

1,000 RPM
Why is it that alot of young chinese Malaysian boys want to look Japanese?
Clothing, hair and whatnot.

Please explain.

identity crisis?
Because japs are all over the mass media... but not malaysian boys ;) so low-lifes who don't have their own identity will tend to copy other more popular people... like why people shave when Beckham shaves. :lol:

dunno la,some people are strange as fark.

maybe they think girls like the japanese look so they oso want to pikat girls like that,but to me,a 17year old,that is stupid.Live your life,not the life people want you to live.

Its a trend la,give it time,and it shall pass.Punk-wannabes are worse.

actually,some japanese kids try to imitate westerners (gold hair) and from that, they develop their own culture.

malaysians, try to imitate both :ph34r:

and we end up with baggy phants, tight t-shirts and all gold spiky hairs :lol:

my 2 examples worth RM0.02

and what is with wristbands and polo-shirt colars rolled up?
some ppl need to rethink the function of a wristband and the rational why designers locate a collar the way it is

yes yes that collar thing

seen waaaaaaaay too many people pull it up in clubs,shopping centres and wherever.

how bout wearing snickers without sock?? is that counted as japanese stylo?

haha.. i wear snickers without socks... when i am in a hurry or just go yam cha.. no need to wear socks.. more cooling...i wear baggy also lar... but i been dressing like this since i was 16... not baggy until pants going to fall off... but consider loose...

I think he ment baggy as in,the kind of pants where you can fit your whole family AND!,friend inside during a fallout :lol: worse is seeing some bunch of kids dressed like they came right out of a MTV video...and cant speak a damn word of english :lol: but if everyone dressed the same it would be stupid now woudnt it ;)

i also notice there is a trend of ppl trying to wear tight fiting... sometimes i see ppl shape like skeleton also wear super tight like got muscle... when i mean tight like wrap dumpling...(translate to chinese... pau kaur jong).. haha

does it count as well as some of us trying to change malaysian cars to look like japanese cars???
:P

Originally posted by Gh0sT@Feb 21 2005, 07:45
does it count as well as some of us trying to change malaysian cars to look like japanese cars???
:P
sensitive issue....hehehe .... :D

People nowadays got no character. Got no self identity. So they resort to copying what they think is hip and trendy. Which is usually the crap they see on tv or other media. And because its not just a few but loads of people doing the same thing, these people share the same idea of whats "yeah" and whats not, so they will stay deluded as long as there are people thinking its cool and doing the same thing.

Until the fashion or whatever they are mimicking is past it (not cool anymore) then they'd switch to something else. Poor souls. Blame the media. Blame marketing men. Blame the cheap pop idols.

The worst part is they even mimic how foreigners talk and act. Good lord. Where's the identity. Where's the pride of your own nationality.

Frankly i think this subject isn't worth talking about at all. Is it a BIG problem kids wanna look like Japanese, or American? If judment is so easily laid upons a person's dressing sense, that means no one has identity at all. I could just group everyone easily. And from there i could make details that this group is bad and all.

Everyone have been to Sg Wang rite? Did you see how many stores selling hip hop t-shirts there? If u want punk style clothing u go to Pertama and the vicinity there. While the other yuppies can lay down, CK, DKNY and Armani at Starhill, KLCC and Lot 10.

So whats makes u think everyone has lost their identity? Can ANYONE come up with a true malaysian identity? How about Batik shirts for the rest of us? But it isn't a malaysian product per se, as its orgins is from Indonesia. How about the national dress Baju Melayu? Damn everyone associates it with religion. If a person chooses to wear a suit when he goes to mamak, does he automatically identified as a corporate dude?

I don't see any problem at all. Hip hop clothes are easily available and moderately cheap. Turn up collars are more in tune of Eric Cantona Than James Dean. When football comes, jerseys are everywhere. People wanna look like soccer stars. When people saw the Matrix, The wanna look like Neo for their prom night.

As for lost identity, there is none. I believe everyone can choose how they wanna look and they still grow up. In the end somehow, they would snap out of it.

We can't blame the media at all. Influence is one self and not other means. U see u like u follow, or not. Simple as that. But do take into account about cliques. Thats another story.

So can i pass judgement on everyone here, they as always, wear bermuda and some form of T-Shirt collar or no collar or jeans and some form of sneakers. RIGHT? RIGHT? :lol: So can i label u boring or followers? How about uncle sayur same variety everyday? hahaha.

For me, whenever i see difference i think its cool. But it doesn't seem to make me think they lost their identity. So think carefully about lost identity. I wouldn't wanna see baggy 50's trousers slim ties and some uncle in trade mark singlet and blue shorts. :rolleyes:

Again its the issue of self identity. People always have this need to follow. They need to be guided. They like to be grouped. Like "Hey man I'm punk" or "I'm hip hop" or "I'm grunge" or "I'm goth" or whatever else is out there. People should really be just their own man/woman. Wear what is suitable for you. Wear what you think looks good on you without thinking whether or not it's in fashion, whether or not its hip hop, whether or not its etc.

i think anyone and everyone get to wear wat they decide lo?
so why bother?
1 man's meat is another man's poison mah....

everyone's thinking,perception and everything maybe different from one another mah?

maybe it's just fashion? maybe it's the latest trend? maybe is the IN thing now?

... plz dont kill me k

The irony of it. To say that you wear what you want and then you go and follow someone's style or trend.

Originally posted by SPEEDSPiRiT@Feb 21 2005, 11:43
i think anyone and everyone get to wear wat they decide lo?
so why bother?
1 man's meat is another man's poison mah....

everyone's thinking,perception and everything maybe different from one another mah?

maybe it's just fashion? maybe it's the latest trend? maybe is the IN thing now?

... plz dont kill me k
i agree to tis..

and netmatrix's post is a worthy read..
silverfish: wat u think may be juz ur opinion..coz no matter wat u wear.. if ppl wanna talk about u..they still wud..
like when u wear a full suit w the coat.. ppl cud still say u trying to look like sum mat salleh..when it's so hot here.. but the truth may be tat u wanna look professional when u're gonna meet sumone important in ur corporation..
..im not against anyone here.. no matter wat they wear..

wat im trying to say is tat..
wat ever u do.. ppl still cud tok and criticise u..
do wat u believe in..

juz my 2 cents..

hmm, I think some of you might have misunderstood something somewhere.

I'm really actually talking about those hardcore wannabes.
I know some people who call themselves "j-rockers" <_<

No doubt they play instruments, but....oh man, I can tell you that by the way they talk and the way they walk (body language), they really think that they're from japan.
And this is very evident when you notice that gleamer in their eye when a girl asks whether they're local or not or which part of japan are they from

Originally posted by malice@Feb 21 2005, 06:04
how bout wearing snickers without sock?? is that counted as japanese stylo?
that is fucking smelly man.... :D

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom